Thoughts on Nederland/Ozen

I know you guys are expecting me to get on here a gloat about the outcome of the Ozen/Nederland game tonight...However, I am on here to offer congrats to Nederland and head coach Brian English on an outstanding season...Those kids really played hard, and did not give up...My hats off to you, and be encouraged...You guys have nothing to hang your heads about...You made a community proud...Congrats to the Ozen kids on a great win as well...You guys are playing well right now, especially defensively...GREAT JOB. Good luck at the regional tourney....it gets tougher from here, guys! ;)

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's funny, as well as the 3 4-A teams did in the play-offs this year (with Ozen still playing... Go Panthers!), I believe next year, they are all going to go even farther!!!!  At least Dickie V won't be pointing Yates in the distance, since they will be 3A.

Rats, Dickie will be on the HJ and Silsbee boards simply repeating what he wrote this year to you guys!!!

Pray for us!

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1188477" timestamp="1330491879"]
I just proved another point...Had I got on here and gloated, or said "I TOLD YOU SO", this thread would have 327 responses by now, and I would have 224 negative karma marks!...I congratulate them on a great year, and there is 3...What is up with you guys on here? ??? ??? :D
[/quote]

It is probably the shock factor.  You had conditioned everybody not to expect you to be courteous and respectful to the Dawg fans.  Maybe by morning there will be 224 positive Karmas and 327 "we love dicky" posts.

[quote name="stevenash" post="1188482" timestamp="1330492407"]
[quote author=Dick Vitale link=topic=96869.msg1188477#msg1188477 date=1330491879]
I just proved another point...Had I got on here and gloated, or said "I TOLD YOU SO", this thread would have 327 responses by now, and I would have 224 negative karma marks!...I congratulate them on a great year, and there is 3...What is up with you guys on here? ??? ??? :D
[/quote]

It is probably the shock factor.  You had conditioned everybody not to expect you to be courteous and respectful to the Dawg fans.  Maybe by morning there will be 224 positive Karmas and 327 "we love dicky" posts.
[/quote]oKAY, whose keeping count today?

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1188592" timestamp="1330522424"]
[quote author=stevenash link=topic=96869.msg1188482#msg1188482 date=1330492407]
[quote author=Dick Vitale link=topic=96869.msg1188477#msg1188477 date=1330491879]
[/quote]

[/quote]
I am....however, strangely enough, STILL getting negative Karma marks!! :o

Congratulations to Nederland on a great season.
It's tough to face a team twice in a season and win both, and even more so 3 times in a season.

Congratulations to Ozen.  Keep up the hard work and keep improving.
The Ozen basketball scenario is similar to the football scenario last season.
Both teams sort of backed into the playoffs, but got on a roll.
Now is the time to be playing your best ball.

Once again, congratulations.

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1188596" timestamp="1330522709"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=96869.msg1188592#msg1188592 date=1330522424]
[quote author=stevenash link=topic=96869.msg1188482#msg1188482 date=1330492407]
[/quote]

[/quote]
I am....however, strangely enough, STILL getting negative Karma marks!! :o
[/quote]

How can that be?  When one takes into account the consistent respect you have given to these guys, it just doesnt make sense.  I guess we underestimated the strength of that shock factor and you may have to wait a little longer.  What really makes it confusing is the fact that you have never tried to establish yourself as the last word on here(you were merely trying to be "just one of the guys") and you always honor and respect what everyone else has to say.  To paraphrase a famous philosopher who is never wrong: "At the end of the day, you are still Dicky V" (  who only wants to restore order and make things like they are "supposed to be")

Look at who made the final post in each thread of importance to DV. There will be one after this one. It is the only Ozen thread he posted on. Most were on Ned threads.

I am not sore about losing. You don't know me that well. I'm not even a basketball guy. Just pull for my team and community. You could learn a lot from that.

[quote name="sleepy" post="1188750" timestamp="1330531481"]
Dickie I give you plenty of chances.  If it was all about the kids you wouldn't have said half of the things you have said buddy.  Sorry!

At the end of the day it is all about you!!!
[/quote]
What??? :o....Thats not true! How is it about ME? I never want it to be about ME, yet, somehow people have a tendency to take it in that direction...They attempt to slander me professionally AND  personally....Yet, I have not done that to anyone on here...Thats just wrong...Please explain your thought...

[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=96869.msg1188752#msg1188752 date=1330531571]
Come on, guys.  let it go.  Have a couple of marshmellows with DV around a campfire.  He was only pulling yall's chain. 
[/quote]

No, Soulja!!! read the thread...I was CONGRATULATING them and their team on a good season, and this is the thanks I get?  >:(

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1188759" timestamp="1330531809"]
[quote author=sleepy link=topic=96869.msg1188750#msg1188750 date=1330531481]
Dickie I give you plenty of chances.  If it was all about the kids you wouldn't have said half of the things you have said buddy.  Sorry!

At the end of the day it is all about you!!!
[/quote]
What??? :o....Thats not true! [b]How is it about ME? I never want it to be about ME[/b], yet, somehow people have a tendency to take it in that direction...They attempt to slander me professionally AND  personally....Yet, I have not done that to anyone on here...Thats just wrong...Please explain your thought..
[/quote]
Seriously DV?? Only 15 different people have said the EXACT SAME THING, yet you try to defend yourself!  ::) ::)
Read the tone of ALL of your posts. They scream, LOOK AT ME!!

[quote name="NB-Dawg" post="1188790" timestamp="1330533304"]
Yes! Doesn't take a genius to figure that one out. If that's the case, then why do u cap every word u want to emphasize? Cap the word does not change the meaning, only the tone. Come on DV stop diverting the topic, AGAIN!!
[/quote]
Well lets SEE...what If I did this? DOES it MAKE it ANY MORE clear? Whats my tone? am I mad? frustrated? Or laughing at how RIDICULOUS this is? 8) 8)

As ridiculous as it may seem to you, you still comment on it.  There are far more conversations going on that would entertain your basketball expertise.  Why not spend your time more productively by getting involved on those threads? Or is it just your personal intrest to stay on a Nederland thread since our season is over?  What does this thread possibly have to offer you? The other teams that have worked so hard to remain in the running for the State Championship would appreciate a growing fanbase to cheer them on, so why don't you be a sport and show your support to help them along the way.

Fellas, please get back in your respective corners lol. I'd like to go to a Nederland/Ozen thread just one time and actually read about Nederland and Ozen. There's so much to say to "DV", about "DV" and from "DV", start a thread about "DV" PLEASE (heck that thread would probably cause a malfunction to this site).

Congratulations to Nederland for all of their accomplishments and good luck to Ozen in the next round (we're going to need it).

And again this is only IMO!!!!!!! 

Ok I'm off my soapbox now, my apologies  :)

[quote name="uandme08" post="1188815" timestamp="1330534544"]
Fellas, please get back in your respective corners lol. I'd like to go to a Nederland/Ozen thread just one time and actually read about Nederland and Ozen. There's so much to say to "DV", about "DV" and from "DV", start a thread about "DV" PLEASE (heck that thread would probably cause a malfunction to this site).

Congratulations to Nederland for all of their accomplishments and good luck to Ozen in the next round (we're going to need it).

And again this is only IMO!!!!!!! 

Ok I'm off my soapbox now, my apologies  :)
[/quote]
No sir..Don't want a thread about ME!!  ;D...Somehow though when I post about ANYTHING, posters have a tendency to steer it that way...I just talk basketball... ;)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder