West Orange-Stark vs. Little Cypress-Mauriceville Game Thread/LC-M wins 6-1!

WOSgrad

Coach Landry should be proud of an EXTREMELY young team for their performance last night. 3 freshmen started for the Mustangs and 2 of them pitched during the game. Pushing a team like LCM as far as WOS did has to be a big confidence builder for the younger players. The LCM faithful were scratching their heads for most of the game waiting for the Bears to break out, which they finally did in the 6th and 7th innings. The youth movement for the Mustangs will suffer some bumps along the road this season but it looks like Coach Landry has them pointed in a positive direction. Should be fun to watch in the future.
Rake1

[quote name="jr1979" post="1181771" timestamp="1329834943"]
Rake 1- Do u have the names of the three freshman starters for WO-S?
[/quote]

I know of 3 Freshmen for sure, there could be more. The Anderson twins, Aiden(sp?) and Grant along with Chase Rutledge started. I think it was Aiden on the hill, Grant catching, and Rutledge at SS to begin the game. If there are more Freshmen starting I apologize for not mentioning their names.

Rake1

[quote name="Rake1" post="1181784" timestamp="1329836522"]
[quote author=jr1979 link=topic=96302.msg1181771#msg1181771 date=1329834943]
[/quote]

I know of 3 Freshmen for sure, there could be more. The Anderson twins, Aiden(sp?) and Grant along with Chase Rutledge started. I think it was Aiden on the hill, Grant catching, and Rutledge at SS to begin the game. If there are more Freshmen starting I apologize for not mentioning their names.

Rake1
[/quote]

Forgot about Grant Lapoint in CF. Also a freshman.
Rake1

[quote name="Rake1" post="1181784" timestamp="1329836522"]
[quote author=jr1979 link=topic=96302.msg1181771#msg1181771 date=1329834943]
[/quote]

Rake1
[/quote]
Very impressive for Coach Landry to have that team playing the way they did last night. Bright future ahead for the Mustangs.

[quote name="lionbaseball" post="1181824" timestamp="1329840621"]
Is WO-S better then recent years or is LC-M not as good as people gave them credit? WO-S had every chance to win untill the end it looks like.
[/quote]

Way too early to make that call! Looked like a combination of many things to me. Extended layoff due to rain, cold, maybe under estimated WOS, lack of on field and live game reps, BBCOR, and certainly the fact that WOS played hard and smart baseball. Make no mistake, LCM is talented and has some really good, young, power arms for sure. Like all the other teams who are behind schedule right now, give them a few games and then make a determination. My guess is both LCM and WOS do just fine.

Rake1

[quote name="Rake1" post="1181835" timestamp="1329841567"]
[quote author=lionbaseball link=topic=96302.msg1181824#msg1181824 date=1329840621]
Is WO-S better then recent years or is LC-M not as good as people gave them credit? WO-S had every chance to win untill the end it looks like.
[/quote]

Way too early to make that call! Looked like a combination of many things to me. Extended layoff due to rain, cold, maybe under estimated WOS, lack of on field and live game reps, BBCOR, and certainly the fact that WOS played hard and smart baseball. Make no mistake, LCM is talented and has some really good, young, power arms for sure. Like all the other teams who are behind schedule right now, give them a few games and then make a determination. My guess is both LCM and WOS do just fine.

Rake1
[/quote]Thanks Rake just looking at the box score had me scratching my head a little lol

[quote name="lionbaseball" post="1181838" timestamp="1329841788"]
[quote author=Rake1 link=topic=96302.msg1181835#msg1181835 date=1329841567]
[quote author=lionbaseball link=topic=96302.msg1181824#msg1181824 date=1329840621]
[/quote]

No worries! I was "AT" the game and was scratching my head as well! Nothing like early season baseball.

Rake1

Rake1
[/quote]Thanks Rake just looking at the box score had me scratching my head a little lol
[/quote]

Mustang pitching looked good.  Those young guys will only get better as time goes. 

Neither team hit the ball too well.  I think LCM had 7 hits including a couple of doubles, but did strike out 7 times.

The mustangs had two hits and only put three balls in play while striking out 16 times. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder