Five coaches have second interviews for West Brook job

[quote name="sig220" post="1180617" timestamp="1329583623"]
WB has played schools with 2000 students more than WB. 4A does not face that issue.  It makes a difference. Hard to compare. As long as the alignment stays as is, WB will be div 2, which should help.
[/quote]
There are only 6 schools in Texas with 2000 more students then WB and they are in the Dallas area. WB hasn't played them.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="oldsarge777" post="1180578" timestamp="1329575454"]
With respect to the candidates, has anyone on here compared the number of playoff games each has taken his team to in the last 3 years as compared to Faircloth?  5 years as compared to Stump?  What about offensive statistics last season as compared to these two highly respected coaches?  Points per game?  Just curious what the numbers show?
[/quote]

Crosby Beat the Faircloth coached Indians this year, and Nederland in the first round the past two seasons all coached by Flan.

My only point is that it is hard to compare playoff wins in 4a and 5a.  I think Flanigan will get the job but Haynes would also be a good pick. In fact Haire would also probably be okay. I expect WB to have a couple of lean years. I expect enrollment to be up in the fall, but it will be a couple of years before that impacts the varsity level.

[quote name="12gage" post="1181042" timestamp="1329679007"]
For your brains out there north shore has 4600. In hs, deer park has 3600 ,wb has 2300 , so check your facts befor you speak
[/quote]
actually DP has 300 more then what you said. Sorry, North Shore does play WB and has 2000 more students, but can't blame it on that. Memorial, Cibilo Steele, and alot of other powerhouse 5a teams compete with smaller 5a numbers. As far as 4a and 5a, look at some of the state champs and finalists, they just in 4a not too long ago. I wouldn't be surprised to see Lake Travis in the 5a finals this year.

PA and the others compete at Div 2 as a general rule.  The year that WB lost to Pearland PA made it farther in the playoffs than WB because they played D2.  My only point here is that WB playing D1 as they have the last few years is hard in the playoffs due to numbers and depth.  WB playing NS is like a 3a having to play schools the size of WB.  The original comment was in response to comparing playoff wins by coaches and I still maintain that 5a is a different animal due to difference in sizes of schools.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder