Top 2013 kids

jkbtjc53

[quote name="bigred360" post="1173674" timestamp="1328650947"]
BYU is a great school but you better be prepared for their conduct code. It takes a special person to play there!
[/quote]

Montana's an extremely good kid and comes from a Mormon family. He'll do well at BYU. I don't know what we would do without the Mormon congregation; we get a lot of our athletes out of that church.

[quote name="vp32" post="1173767" timestamp="1328656534"]
Bryce Cooper, safety, is getting looks and so is Blake Dalenburg, DE/TE and Johnboy Smith, DE/TE. Other than that nothing really.

And i'm sure [b]Jakobi Jones, Ozen RB,[/b] is gonna get some looks also.
[/quote]
I saw every one of Ozen's playoff games this past season because the BH game was such a great game I wanted to continue watching them, and after the playoffs were over and I looked back on the season statistics, I was surprised to see that Jones had that many yards in non-district, and district because in the playoffs he didn't do very much at all, and he's small. He's a good player don't get me wrong and apparently his better than I thought during the regular season but in the playoffs Ozen's QB and defense carried the weight.

[quote name="LP6" post="1174170" timestamp="1328706855"]
[quote author=vp32 link=topic=95581.msg1173767#msg1173767 date=1328656534]
Bryce Cooper, safety, is getting looks and so is Blake Dalenburg, DE/TE and Johnboy Smith, DE/TE. Other than that nothing really.

And i'm sure [b]Jakobi Jones, Ozen RB,[/b] is gonna get some looks also.
[/quote]
I saw every one of Ozen's playoff games this past season because the BH game was such a great game I wanted to continue watching them, and after the playoffs were over and I looked back on the season statistics, I was surprised to see that Jones had that many yards in non-district, and district because in the playoffs he didn't do very much at all, and he's small. He's a good player don't get me wrong and apparently his better than I thought during the regular season but in the playoffs Ozen's QB and defense carried the weight.
[/quote]

IMO I think that's all a part of being a team and why Ozen made it as far as they did when I didn't even think they would. Off topic I know but there wasn't much Jakobi or any of the RBs could do when the running game had a target on its back. Lucky for Ozen they started using other weapons when they needed to.

Jakobi needs to pick up some weight but there's no doubt that he will play on the next level if he chooses to go that route.

Ozen did lean on Jones heavily early on while Green was out and as he was getting back into football shape. He is a smaller back, but his quickness and vision should get him some looks from the FCS schools. We will find out more this year as he will have a target on his back every week without Green under Center.

I would suspect that Collins in Livingston would be getting some looks as a DB/KR/PR (Ath). Not going to play QB at the next level, but could be in the mold of Harris who is doing well at A&M as a DB/PR.

The big Sophomore (Washington) at Nederland will be on some radar screens this year. Not sure at what position.

[quote name="coach wade" post="1174159" timestamp="1328704061"]
Mathews left to be with his future wife at atm, not because of the code.  Ask anyone that knows him, he still follows that same code.  Coach Mathews had said in several interviews that Montana reminds him of his brother.
[/quote]

Guess I need to make myself more clear. I said Jason Mathews left BYU for ATM. Then I stated the conduct code at BYU is no joke. I did not say Mathews left because of the code.

It is a lot easier to follow the code when you are married.  ;)

[quote name="BHFAN" post="1173669" timestamp="1328650485"]
Not in the Golden Triangle, but the word is that Daytons 2013 class is getting attention from the New York Giants! They are unbelievable just ask them  ;D
[/quote]how many cups of coffe did you drink this morning? :D

[quote name="badndn" post="1174297" timestamp="1328714881"]
I would suspect that Collins in Livingston would be getting some looks as a DB/KR/PR (Ath). Not going to play QB at the next level, but could be in the mold of Harris who is doing well at A&M as a DB/PR.

The big Sophomore (Washington) at Nederland will be on some radar screens this year. Not sure at what position.
[/quote]

According to Rivals the Top kids in this area are Chevoski Collins (Livingston he has offers from Texas Tech and Baylor he's ranked as one of the top 30 players in the state)

Travon Blanchard (WOS has and offer from Baylor also ranked #54 on the top 100 players)

Colin Janice (WOS no offers but # 65 on the top 100 list)

Jalen Barnes from PA Memorial is also on the Top 100 list

Peveto from PNG should get some good looks. He is a 3 year starter at Safety. 6'2". Reasons, OL may get some looks at PNG. Big kid, 6'3" about 250ish. should get bigger too. Also, chipman, who started this season as a sophomore at receiver. Tall, 6'3-4" very good hands. He will be a Junior and probably the go to guy for Smith at QB. Our D will have alot returning who either started or got alot of play time. AJ Smith will more than likely be our QB next year. He has a great arm and great accuracy. He is 6'5" and Faircloth has been working with him since he was a Sophomore. I don't think any of these boys have gotten any looks yet.

Nederland also has 20-4A Newcomer of the year and first team all district Caleb Malveaux(DT).  Who will only be a junior in 2013. As well as Kendrick Hopkins(RB), Deshawn Washington(TE/DL), Colton Kimler(WR/DB).  Who all were starters and major contributors in the Bulldog success in 2011-2012 season.  Expecting great things from these guys and some major attention from college recruiters in the very near future. Good luck and blessings gentleman, GO BULLDOGS!!!

[quote name="scapegoat" post="1175655" timestamp="1328912075"]
Nice junior class Nederland has but the senior class is much deeper.On the defensive side LB Jordan Wood, LB Korbin Stampley, DE Koby Couron, DT Brock Pryor and CB Zach Taylor will draw attention.That's just the defensive side!
[/quote]
Nederland will definitely be the team to beat next year with Vidor and maybe LCM, if Cezar stays healthy and Ozen with Jones and Livingston with Collins if he gets some help.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder