Winning Streaks

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="stevenash" post="1172645" timestamp="1328496441"]
Dickie- Do you believe that if this Ozen team had been coached by Boutte that they would be undefeated in district and a favorite to win the region?
[/quote]
I would definitely NOT bet against it...The dynamic would be completely different.  You know that.

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1172721" timestamp="1328534930"]
[quote author=stevenash link=topic=95474.msg1172645#msg1172645 date=1328496441]
Dickie- Do you believe that if this Ozen team had been coached by Boutte that they would be undefeated in district and a favorite to win the region?
[/quote]
I would definitely NOT bet against it...The dynamic would be completely different.  You know that.
[/quote]

Sorry but have to disagree.  While coaching is valuable, the material still has to be adequate.  Ozen does not have, regardless of who coaches, the material to be undefeated in district this year and the favorite to win regionals.  You are basically contending that if Red Auerbach had continued to coach, that Phil Jackson would not have done what he did.

After Ozen seen that smack down Central put on Nederland. They are planning on a worse blow out than the Central game was 49 to 34 is like 98 to 68 now thats a blow out. They are so ready for Nederland that they are planning on a 100 to 0 game. They are so mad Steve they want to make the public mad at them for humilating Nederland on the court. Im not trying to start anything looks like Central already finished it. ;)

Guest gypsysoul
Wow Pete I see you know how to do simple math.  Looks like you learned something in school.  Im so proud of you.  That being said them guys from Ozen better watch out.  We are gunning for you.  They ain't got a snowballs chance

[quote name="pete092775" post="1172765" timestamp="1328540255"]
After Ozen seen that smack down Central put on Nederland. They are planning on a worse blow out than the Central game was 49 to 34 is like 98 to 68 now thats a blow out. They are so ready for Nederland that they are planning on a 100 to 0 game. They are so mad Steve they want to make the public mad at them for humilating Nederland on the court. Im not trying to start anything looks like Central already finished it. ;)
[/quote] :o :o :o :o

[quote name="gypsysoul" post="1172768" timestamp="1328540638"]
Wow Pete I see you know how to do simple math.  Looks like you learned something in school.  Im so proud of you.  That being said them guys from Ozen better watch out.  We are gunning for you.  They ain't got a snowballs chance
[/quote] :o :o

I sat next to the Ozen Coaches/scouts that were watching Nederland.  Let's just say that the things that I saw that we did good as far as beating Nederland, they saw way more than I saw and they will be ready.  Now the Scouts had a game plan.  Now if the coach will actually follow through is another thing.

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1172826" timestamp="1328545044"]
I sat next to the Ozen Coaches/scouts that were watching Nederland.  Let's just say that the things that I saw that we did good as far as beating Nederland, they saw way more than I saw and they will be ready.  Now the Scouts had a game plan.  Now if the coach will actually follow through is another thing.
[/quote]

Game plans are great but they still must be executed by the players.  The coaches can only do so much.

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1172826" timestamp="1328545044"]
[/quote]

It took two years to find a way to beat Nederland?

[quote name="stevenash" post="1172828" timestamp="1328545117"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=95474.msg1172826#msg1172826 date=1328545044]
[/quote]

Game plans are great but they still must be executed by the players.  The coaches can only do so much.
[/quote]True.  So very true.  And also, Ozen don't have a player like Smith, so it may be a little difficult for them to successfully pull off the identical game plan as Central did.

Ya two years is a good streak but after that blow out by central. Ozen realized the weak links in Nederland and plan on showing the rest of the district just how bad nederland can be beat. And I do stand corrected I was advised that it isnt point difference that they will play to break the three way tie. Not only once will central an ozen blow out nederland but get to humilate them again in those games too. 8)

[quote name="STiger85" post="1172835" timestamp="1328545818"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=95474.msg1172826#msg1172826 date=1328545044]
[/quote]

It took two years to find a way to beat Nederland?
[/quote]I guess it did.  And it took 2 years to put a team on the court that beat them twice in one year with a team that starts 3 freshmen.  I'd say it have been long overdue and worth the wait.

[quote name="pete092775" post="1172847" timestamp="1328546683"]
Ya two years is a good streak but after that blow out by central. Ozen realized the weak links in Nederland and plan on showing the rest of the district just how bad nederland can be beat. And I do stand corrected I was advised that it isnt point difference that they will play to break the three way tie. Not only once will central an ozen blow out nederland but get to humilate them again in those games too. 8)
[/quote]I'll take the W over the humiliation.  Get the W is all it's about.

[quote name="stevenash" post="1172828" timestamp="1328545117"]
[/quote]
[/quote]
I agree. Central was not the first team this year to use that approach. Hightower, North Shore, LCM, PNG, and Ozen all played either a box-in-one or triangle-in-two. Nederland shot well from the outside against most of those teams and won. Nederland did not shoot well Friday night, hence the lopsided defeat. I predict that Lubera will have a big game Friday against Ozen.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder