Take 2: Does Lamar miss out on too many local prospects?

Well, within the past 5 years you've had Billy Chavis, Blake Chavis, Jacody Coleman, Jordan Garrett and Marcus Malbrough transfer from FBS schools and they are all from West Brook. I know C-Mike is at ATM but I can't name another West Brook ex playing at the FBS level.

I'm sure someone can name a few.

[quote name="bigred360" post="1173456" timestamp="1328634605"]
Well, within the past 5 years you've had Billy Chavis, Blake Chavis, Jacody Coleman, Jordan Garrett and Marcus Malbrough transfer from FBS schools and they are all from West Brook. I know C-Mike is at ATM but I can't name another West Brook ex playing at the FBS level.

I'm sure someone can name a few.
[/quote]

i think there is a  garret? kid is at KU...i think it would be pretty hard to keep "Mr. hi School ,never sat a down in his life, stud" in a program if he isnt starting...at any school.

• 2 weeks later...
Yes, IMO they do..D1 and D1-AA coaches Flock to this area of the state every year...Lamar is in a hot bed recruiting area, and yet we go all the way to New York to get players (Not saying their not good or anything) but You have top talent kids here that you over look and other schools come in and get..

I feel we should do better at getting and keeping local talent here..Not only would it make the team better but the Attendace of games, caues familys want to see their kids play..
Just my two cents

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1181200" timestamp="1329746042"]
Honestly, can anyone give me an answer as to whether or not the attendance increase when Lamar has local talent playing? Sure you will get the family out to see their kids play. 2,3, or 5 family members, okay I'll put in 5 friends within the mix too ;)
[/quote]
For the most part you are correct, but I will say that I know a lot of folks from PNG that went to LU games last year once Caleb Harmon began getting PT. Not just family and friends. My best guess is that with the signings of Nelson and Carr, more PNG and Nederland fans will come out in the near future.
Thats not to say it justifies signing a kid outta PNG, Nederland, Vidor, etc. over a more talented kid from outta the area. I would suspect that ultimately if the kid from outta the area is that talented, he would put extra butts in tha seats due to spectacular play and it would be a wash anyway. It really all boils down to the end results, W's!

[quote name="badndn" post="1181204" timestamp="1329746552"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=95324.msg1181200#msg1181200 date=1329746042]
Honestly, can anyone give me an answer as to whether or not the attendance increase when Lamar has local talent playing? Sure you will get the family out to see their kids play. 2,3, or 5 family members, okay I'll put in 5 friends within the mix too ;)
[/quote]
For the most part you are correct, but I will say that I know a lot of folks from PNG that went to LU games last year once Caleb Harmon began getting PT. Not just family and friends. My best guess is that with the signings of Nelson and Carr, more PNG and Nederland fans will come out in the near future.
Thats not to say it justifies signing a kid outta PNG, Nederland, Vidor, etc. over a more talented kid from outta the area. I would suspect that ultimately if the kid from outta the area is that talented, he would put extra butts in tha seats due to spectacular play and it would be a wash anyway. It really all boils down to the end results, W's!
[/quote]yES!

Every University misses out on too many local prospects if you are looking at it from the local fans point of view.  There are kids from Texas starting at many out of state major programs.  Wasn't the starting QB at Alabama last year or the year before from Texas.  If you are a UT, A&M, Tech or any other school fan it looks like they missed out on a local kid to me.

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1181200" timestamp="1329746042"]
[/quote]

i know when Prewitt plays, he brings in quite a few---

not a reason to start a kid, tho.....throw out the best ya got

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder