PA Titans voted out of the STJFL????

BigTitan

[quote name="thetragichippy" post="1166688" timestamp="1327673536"]
[quote author=BigTitan link=topic=94298.msg1166627#msg1166627 date=1327649170]
I want to debunk some ot the stamtements made about on the field actions by PA.  I've been to quite a few games other than Port Arthur, and I've seen way worse conduct by other coaches.  Football is a competitive sport and coaches are competitive also.  When you take out the fire from the game like that, you might as well be playing soccer.  What you can't do is single out PA coaches for being fired up on the field, questioning some bad calls, or even making sure that their team stays competitive during the ENTIRE game.  So if our 2nd or 3rd team scores on your 1st or 2nd team you need to do a better job as a coach. 
All the pretty good teams have blown out weaker teams, so please don't bring that up.  Its kinda redundant. lol  Like Mr. Ned stated, sometimes time is an issue.  Against a few team the PA Jr team scored on their first 3 or 4 plays, and the starting RB was moved and another player (really good too) scored and the opposing team thought it was the same player even though they had different numbers.  They were pissed to no end.  lol  They really didn't believe that we were that good because This "Stacked Team" Lost 2 Games Prior. lol After our other RB was taken out because he scored 2X the third RB, whom was  the smallest player on the FIELD, also scored 2X.  Are we supposed to QUIT if this happens.  I don't know about everybody else, but in the city where I'm from, "WE FIGHT, WE FIGHT, WE FIGHT". lol  From the 1st to the 3rd TEAM, WE FIGHT. lol  Real coaches respect that.
This next statement has nothing to do with wanting to rejoin STJFL. Its just my Opinion. 
In life, people  do make mistakes, and aren't given the death penalty.  Why can't anyone understand that in your first year everything isn't going to go smooth.  That doesn't mean that the rules that were broken were intentional.  To some of you (I've been reading) lol, its black and white.  Its simple, they TRIED TO "CHEAT".  That's too easy of an explanation to be the truth.  Sometimes you have to really investigate the situation and see what happened and you'll really  find out that it wasn't intentional at all.  You may not believe it, but a lot of these kids play together on other teams (other sports), and these coaches coach other sports also, so do you think these volunteers (coaches) would intentionally cut kids because they want a STACKED team.  If you believe that, you're dead wrong.  I know these guys personally, and I won't lie for anybody.  I totally understand the playoff situation, BUT why not just that team?  Why the entire league, on down to the flag kids?  Come up with an answer for that.  That was a sign from the league of what they really thought about PA. 

I would rather see my son COMPETE (lets not forget that word when discussing football)  against the best and LOSE, than to WIN and dodge real competion.  Thats just me.  Regardless of if a team is "STACKED" or not, these kids are all the same age, and I will NEVER allow my son to be intimidated by another kid HIS OWN AGE because he's somehow better.  Like I said baby, in PA, "We FIght, We Fight, We Fight". lol

You Fellas  Be Blessed.  Fight On, All Teams

BigTitan out!!! lol
[/quote]

that's a lot of words to say we "didn't mean to cheat" or "we didn't mean to break the rules"  ::)
[/quote]

If thats what you got from my post, then it is what it is. Like I said, be blessed.  Fight on, ALL teams.  PA isn't the first to unknowingly break a rule, and they wont be the last.  What do you have to say about PNG having a undefeated team, another good team, and a winless team.???  If you can't answer that logically, then please kill the PA Jr team being Stacked issue.  Last time I heard, they LOST 2 games.  Not undefeated, like PNG W or winless like PNG G.  That is a huge disparity for coaches that say they don't stack their teams.  Obviously, someone got a better deal with their team. Try explaining that fact and please make sense. 

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Cheermom4" post="1166654" timestamp="1327671313"]
[quote author=BigTitan link=topic=94298.msg1166630#msg1166630 date=1327651429]
I gotta neat story.  We played against the Bridge City team and my son said the kids told him he was doing a good job even though he was knocking them down and hitting them hard.  He said, 'they're really cool, because they didn't get mad, they just kept TRYING THEIR BEST." This is coming from a 10 yr old mind you. lol
Fast forward to our PNG P game.  We're scoring at will, with the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd team.  One of our players was called out of his name, (we know what word was used) and the coach told the player to don't worry about it, just play ball.  He did so.  It kept happening and the situation was brought to the refs attention and it was difussed.  I had to explain to my son that those kids learned those words from their parents, and when you hear kids saying that, don't be mad at them, because they think thats its OK, because its being said at home. He said, and I quote, " Well, Bridge City "KIDS" can teach "SOME" of the PNG  P "PARENTS"  a lesson in sportsmanship and good manners. lmao  And he was very serious when he said it. lol

I hate the fact that I have to explain to my son the N word at such a young age.  [b]Every race has its good and its bad and its horrible.  Most are good in every race, and that's the people I associate with.  The bad and horrible BLACKS, WHITES, HISPANICS, ETC.  I stay away from, and thats just human nature from responsible people and parents.  The ignorance of the SOME, doesn't distort my opinion of the WHOLE.    I wished all people used that logic when dealing with others.[/b]

Judge my by the content of my character, and I'll do the same.

BigTitan, out!!!! lol
[/quote]

This is the motto I live by and have taught my kids.
[/quote]

Its crazy we all can't use that common sense.

[quote name="BigTitan" post="1166712" timestamp="1327675062"]
[quote author=thetragichippy link=topic=94298.msg1166688#msg1166688 date=1327673536]
[quote author=BigTitan link=topic=94298.msg1166627#msg1166627 date=1327649170]
I want to debunk some ot the stamtements made about on the field actions by PA.  I've been to quite a few games other than Port Arthur, and I've seen way worse conduct by other coaches.  Football is a competitive sport and coaches are competitive also.  When you take out the fire from the game like that, you might as well be playing soccer.  What you can't do is single out PA coaches for being fired up on the field, questioning some bad calls, or even making sure that their team stays competitive during the ENTIRE game.  So if our 2nd or 3rd team scores on your 1st or 2nd team you need to do a better job as a coach. 
All the pretty good teams have blown out weaker teams, so please don't bring that up.  Its kinda redundant. lol  Like Mr. Ned stated, sometimes time is an issue.  Against a few team the PA Jr team scored on their first 3 or 4 plays, and the starting RB was moved and another player (really good too) scored and the opposing team thought it was the same player even though they had different numbers.  They were pissed to no end.  lol  They really didn't believe that we were that good because This "Stacked Team" Lost 2 Games Prior. lol After our other RB was taken out because he scored 2X the third RB, whom was  the smallest player on the FIELD, also scored 2X.  Are we supposed to QUIT if this happens.  I don't know about everybody else, but in the city where I'm from, "WE FIGHT, WE FIGHT, WE FIGHT". lol  From the 1st to the 3rd TEAM, WE FIGHT. lol  Real coaches respect that.
This next statement has nothing to do with wanting to rejoin STJFL. Its just my Opinion. 
In life, people  do make mistakes, and aren't given the death penalty.  Why can't anyone understand that in your first year everything isn't going to go smooth.  That doesn't mean that the rules that were broken were intentional.  To some of you (I've been reading) lol, its black and white.  Its simple, they TRIED TO "CHEAT".  That's too easy of an explanation to be the truth.  Sometimes you have to really investigate the situation and see what happened and you'll really  find out that it wasn't intentional at all.  You may not believe it, but a lot of these kids play together on other teams (other sports), and these coaches coach other sports also, so do you think these volunteers (coaches) would intentionally cut kids because they want a STACKED team.  If you believe that, you're dead wrong.  I know these guys personally, and I won't lie for anybody.  I totally understand the playoff situation, BUT why not just that team?  Why the entire league, on down to the flag kids?  Come up with an answer for that.  That was a sign from the league of what they really thought about PA. 

I would rather see my son COMPETE (lets not forget that word when discussing football)  against the best and LOSE, than to WIN and dodge real competion.  Thats just me.  Regardless of if a team is "STACKED" or not, these kids are all the same age, and I will NEVER allow my son to be intimidated by another kid HIS OWN AGE because he's somehow better.  Like I said baby, in PA, "We FIght, We Fight, We Fight". lol

You Fellas  Be Blessed.  Fight On, All Teams

BigTitan out!!! lol
[/quote]

that's a lot of words to say we "didn't mean to cheat" or "we didn't mean to break the rules"  ::)
[/quote]

If thats what you got from my post, then it is what it is. Like I said, be blessed.  Fight on, ALL teams.  PA isn't the first to unknowingly break a rule, and they wont be the last.  What do you have to say about PNG having a undefeated team, another good team, and a winless team.???  If you can't answer that logically, then please kill the PA Jr team being Stacked issue.  Last time I heard, they LOST 2 games.  Not undefeated, like PNG W or winless like PNG G.  That is a huge disparity for coaches that say they don't stack their teams.  Obviously, someone got a better deal with their team. Try explaining that fact and please make sense.
[/quote]

Well, we are at 12 pages of post and you still have not found your answer.  I think we can have 20 pages of post, and you still won't find your answer.  I would be focusing on the ones that do know the answer.  I also feel that no matter the answer, you guys are not going to like it. You guys feel cheated and no one is going to change your mind.  We have speculated from racism to talent and would bet neither of those went into the decision to vote you guys out.

I also think the more we hear speculation from the P.A. team, the worse your organization looks. That is solely based on my opinion.  I grew up in P.A. and have many good memories from that town. You guys have great talent, I wish you the best.

[quote name="12gage" post="1166732" timestamp="1327676279"]
first you have to understand the png mind. we are better than anyone else , we dont have to follow rules and you cannot tell us what to do.
[/quote]

I take offense to that remark.  I also grew up in PA but I live in Groves now and my kids attend PN-G schools and we DO NOT ALL think like that.  I teach my children that you have to abide by the rules even if you don't  like them.  There will always be rules in life no matter what and that is for our own good.

[/ quote] [color=red]Well, we are at 12 pages of post and you still have not found your answer.  I think we can have 20 pages of post, and you still won't find your answer.  I would be focusing on the ones that do know the answer. [/color]  I also feel that no matter the answer, you guys are not going to like it. You guys feel cheated and no one is going to change your mind.  We have speculated from racism to talent and would bet neither of those went into the decision to vote you guys out.

I also think the more we hear speculation from the P.A. team, the worse your organization looks. That is solely based on my opinion.  I grew up in P.A. and have many good memories from that town. You guys have great talent, I wish you the best.
[/quote]

1)we tried but they are to coward to step up and explain
2)people keep on saying what they heard (yourself included) and not who they heard it from. that would be just the same as them saying it to me
3)then you those who just want to add their opinion

now thats how it got to be this longthis thread was started asking. can someone tell me why was PA kicked out.its that simple if you have the answer and you are a board member then cool. we have to deal with that.

i know a person from PA started the whole is it because im black issue. im am sorry for that Ok. since we are not going to get an answer from the proper authorities im done

BigTitan at that game you talking about when the score was run up looks bad on yall but it happpens like that sometimes. You call off the dogs on offense but you cant stop a defense score and you dont ever let you team shut down for nobody. If a team cant stop your 2 or 3 string thats on them. People on here think if the game was 40-0 that you put your players that need they plays in when its 30-0 before the last 10 seconds. But things happen but until you been a coach you dont know how hard that is. I had kids they dont want no part of offense and thats hard if you only keep D in 4 and out. Most the coaches in STJFL do respect the FIGHT in a team from PA or anywhere.

For the stacking all I can tell you is what I heard and I already said on here.... and yes I said HEARD so I cant speak for it exactly but I know this dude well that told me. The problem with the PA teams was that the signups was cut off 3 months early for all PA and they paperwork was all messed up. He say that the thing about the cuts came up later. I could see why that a problem because most the signups come right before football start up and PA might of had more teams if they followed the rule. That was about all the PA teams so thay all got put out the playoffs. It might not been on purpose by PA but they cant let teams that did it right go against teams that cut off early but they DID let them play the year.  Last I was told was STJFL was waiting to hear from PA president to see if thay could work things out so maybe you ask him to try and call STJFL president to get the answer.

I can talk about the PNG teams because I know how that works. I saw both them teams play that was 8-0 and 0-8 and it was more about the coach. Well not all because the one team had a player you could build around. I heard on here that hes not the hole team and thats true but you take him off and they maybe a 4-4 team or put him on the 0-8 team and they 4-4 too.... He just that good. The same thing happen when he was in peewee when they went to the superbowl and won.  Not talking bad about any coach but most of them is dads and they are some good ones like the bad ones and most not a pro coach.

We all been faced with race from a young age and that didnt change from when I was a kid. It always come from the parents and that is sad. In this area for sure because we all so close we dont need to be split so hard. I had to talk to my kids like you say you talk to yours and it goes both ways though. I had a white kid come tell me a black kid told him some stuff on the field too and that was a 7 year old peewee game. It start way too early for these kids to deal with. That why I was so mad when I saw PA make this into a race thing when I know better. That makes every thing worse.

If yall want people on here to know your side then you need to listen more then you talk and get all sides. And most importatnt is dont make it about what its not. I was told more then once that STJFL wanted PA to change some of yall board out. I dont know why they told you that just like I dont know why yall didnt do what they said. But yall both had a right to make the choice yall made and things didnt work out right. Now yall got a new choice to stay on here and hate or move on to bigger and better.

I truely hope PA land on yalls feet where ever that is!

[quote name="jrmdvs536" post="1166881" timestamp="1327688861"]
BigTitan at that game you talking about when the score was run up looks bad on yall but it happpens like that sometimes. You call off the dogs on offense but you cant stop a defense score and you dont ever let you team shut down for nobody. If a team cant stop your 2 or 3 string thats on them. People on here think if the game was 40-0 that you put your players that need they plays in when its 30-0 before the last 10 seconds. But things happen but until you been a coach you dont know how hard that is. I had kids they dont want no part of offense and thats hard if you only keep D in 4 and out. Most the coaches in STJFL do respect the FIGHT in a team from PA or anywhere.

For the stacking all I can tell you is what I heard and I already said on here.... and yes I said HEARD so I cant speak for it exactly but I know this dude well that told me. The problem with the PA teams was that the signups was cut off 3 months early for all PA and they paperwork was all messed up. He say that the thing about the cuts came up later. I could see why that a problem because most the signups come right before football start up and PA might of had more teams if they followed the rule. That was about all the PA teams so thay all got put out the playoffs. It might not been on purpose by PA but they cant let teams that did it right go against teams that cut off early but they DID let them play the year.  Last I was told was STJFL was waiting to hear from PA president to see if thay could work things out so maybe you ask him to try and call STJFL president to get the answer.

I can talk about the PNG teams because I know how that works. I saw both them teams play that was 8-0 and 0-8 and it was more about the coach. Well not all because the one team had a player you could build around. I heard on here that hes not the hole team and thats true but you take him off and they maybe a 4-4 team or put him on the 0-8 team and they 4-4 too.... He just that good. The same thing happen when he was in peewee when they went to the superbowl and won.  Not talking bad about any coach but most of them is dads and they are some good ones like the bad ones and most not a pro coach.

We all been faced with race from a young age and that didnt change from when I was a kid. It always come from the parents and that is sad. In this area for sure because we all so close we dont need to be split so hard. I had to talk to my kids like you say you talk to yours and it goes both ways though. I had a white kid come tell me a black kid told him some stuff on the field too and that was a 7 year old peewee game. It start way too early for these kids to deal with. That why I was so mad when I saw PA make this into a race thing when I know better. That makes every thing worse.

If yall want people on here to know your side then you need to listen more then you talk and get all sides. And most importatnt is dont make it about what its not. I was told more then once that STJFL wanted PA to change some of yall board out. I dont know why they told you that just like I dont know why yall didnt do what they said. But yall both had a right to make the choice yall made and things didnt work out right. Now yall got a new choice to stay on here and hate or move on to bigger and better.

[/quote]
Good Post bro.  Bro has nothing to do with race. lol jk

Now ya'll trying to bang on other teams about stacking? Ya'll talking about Junior Division right?

PNG had three junior teams, White 8-0, Purple 6-2, and Grey 4-4. Two of the teams made the playoffs and the third missed it by one game. I don't know why I'm arguing this, but we were far from stacking a team. Yes, White had probably the top in the division, but it was far from being stacked. Cities with multiple teams have a draft and so if you draft young the previous year then you will have a older group the following year. It's basic drafting strategy.

Bmt, BC, Lumberton, Ned, and Vidor had multiple teams this year. I would bet they draft the same depending the age of the coaches sons. It's just like any other sport. You draft your team for the future.

PNG peewee had a team go 0-8 and I don't know why. They may have drafted all young kids and/or the coaching was suspect. I have no clue though. When you have several teams in one division there's a chance one is going to be better then the other ie. Port Arthur flag had two teams White 5-1-1 and Black 2-4. Just the way it goes.

There it go again!!!  Nobody banging nobody! I was wanting to show BigTitan how it can look sometimes when what it looks like is not true. They say it look like PNG stack and I say what happened was not stack no more then they look like they ran the score up on a team.

Nothing but love for PNG!!! Everybody need to slow down and try to see the other side of what is being told before they jump!!!

[quote name="jrmdvs536" post="1166881" timestamp="1327688861"]

[/quote]

I'm not sure who you are or where your from, but I like you!

That was a great post and I hope everyone reads it........If you look deep enough, it goes WAY past youth sports!!

[quote name="thetragichippy" post="1166947" timestamp="1327695107"]
[quote author=jrmdvs536 link=topic=94298.msg1166881#msg1166881 date=1327688861]

[/quote]

I'm not sure who you are or where your from, but I like you!

That was a great post and I hope everyone reads it........If you look deep enough, it goes WAY past youth sports!!
[/quote]That was a great post!

[quote name="bigtexn" post="1166936" timestamp="1327694442"]
Would someone please put this thread out of it's misery?!  :P
[/quote]

*****JUST WANTED TO CLEAR THE AIR ABOUT THIS POST.....I WAS AT A MEETING THIS WEEKEND WITH A "HEAD PERSON" FROM STJFL AND WAS EXPLAINED THE REASON WHY PORT ARTHUR WAS KICKED OUT. AND RACE WAS NOT THE ISSUE (ALL THE WAY). IT WAS ABOUT TALENT AND TALENT IN THE NEXT FEW YEARS. EVERYONE WANTS TO WIN AND WHEN YOU HAVE AN ORGANIZATION WHICH IS USED TO CERTAIN TEAMS WINNING AND DOMINATING THE GAME, NEW COMERS ARE NOT AS WELCOME IF THEY ARE HUGE COMPETITION.  MY POST WERE TRUE AND THE CONVERSATION THAT WAS HAD WITH THE STJFL HEAD ALSO CONFIRMED MY THOUGHTS AND OPINIONS ABOUT WHAT WENT ON IN THIS LEAGUE THAT NO ONE SHOULD BE PROUD OF.

****IN SAYING THIS......I GOT THE ANSWER I WAS LOOKING FOR, AND FOR PORT ARTHUR PEOPLE THAT ARE UPSET AND POSTING COMMENTS, JUST KNOW THAT "MOST" OF THE THINGS WERE TRUE!

***THIS WILL BE MY LAST POST ABOUT STJFL BECAUSE THAT IS THE PAST! AND RECEIVED THE ANSWER TO THE QUESTION ON "WHY PORT ARTHUR WAS KICKED OUT" PORT ARTHUR WILL PLAY IN 2012 AND WILL ACHIEVE GREAT THINGS IN ANOTHER LEAGUE THAT ARE NOT STEROTYPICAL AND UNFAIR.

GO TITANS 2012 !!!!!!!!!!!

[quote name="TITANS2011" post="1168582" timestamp="1328028142"]
[quote author=bigtexn link=topic=94298.msg1166936#msg1166936 date=1327694442]
[/quote]

*****JUST WANTED TO CLEAR THE AIR ABOUT THIS POST.....I WAS AT A MEETING THIS WEEKEND WITH A "HEAD PERSON" FROM STJFL AND WAS EXPLAINED THE REASON WHY PORT ARTHUR WAS KICKED OUT. AND RACE WAS NOT THE ISSUE (ALL THE WAY). IT WAS ABOUT TALENT AND TALENT IN THE NEXT FEW YEARS. EVERYONE WANTS TO WIN AND WHEN YOU HAVE AN ORGANIZATION WHICH IS USED TO CERTAIN TEAMS WINNING AND DOMINATING THE GAME, NEW COMERS ARE NOT AS WELCOME IF THEY ARE HUGE COMPETITION.  MY POST WERE TRUE AND THE CONVERSATION THAT WAS HAD WITH THE STJFL HEAD ALSO CONFIRMED MY THOUGHTS AND OPINIONS ABOUT WHAT WENT ON IN THIS LEAGUE THAT NO ONE SHOULD BE PROUD OF.

****IN SAYING THIS......I GOT THE ANSWER I WAS LOOKING FOR, AND FOR PORT ARTHUR PEOPLE THAT ARE UPSET AND POSTING COMMENTS, JUST KNOW THAT "MOST" OF THE THINGS WERE TRUE!

***THIS WILL BE MY LAST POST ABOUT STJFL BECAUSE THAT IS THE PAST! AND RECEIVED THE ANSWER TO THE QUESTION ON "WHY PORT ARTHUR WAS KICKED OUT" PORT ARTHUR WILL PLAY IN 2012 AND WILL ACHIEVE GREAT THINGS IN ANOTHER LEAGUE THAT ARE NOT STEROTYPICAL AND UNFAIR.

[/quote]

Anyone who believes this, private message me, I have some ocean front property in Kansas I can give you a GREAT deal on.

The arrogance of this post should tell it all.  Port Arthur broke rules, sent kids home after the draft(if they even had one), and disobeyed (by their own admission) stipulations that were given to them by the STJFL. Does he include ANY of that as the reason they were VOTED out?  No, it's much easier to blame someone else for your problems than starring in that mirror and seeing who really is at fault. 

Although, it's disturbing that ADULTS can't admit when they are at fault and to own up to their actions, it should be illegal to teach kid's to do the same thing. 

As a matter of fact TITANS22011, you can't even follow the simple rules of this forum:

[b]6) NO SHOUTING!!-[/b] (Use of "Caps Lock") The standard practice on most message boards, forums, emails, web pages, etc. is that the use of all caps is regarded as SHOUTING!!

Hopefully you have learned something this past season and will follow the rules in your new league.  More importantly, you teach the kids to take responsibility for their own actions and not blame others.

I have read these pages until my head started hurting and I have came up with two conclusions: #1. There are very many opinions on this situation and neither party whether for or against is going to persuade the other at this time!! #2. I feel very, very sorry for the kids who are not allowed to play, because they are the ones who are suffering and did not ask to be placed in this situation. These kids signed up for the opportunity to be involved in a sport that is supposed to build character, fair play, and most importantly respect for one another! Regardless of how any of us feel about the situation, we need to remember that the children are what's most important.They (including the cheerleaders who are also there performing their hearts out) should be the focus of our attention, not how many Super Bowl trophies we have above the fireplace, so we can brag to our buddies during Holiday parties! I think that the STJFL should reevaluate the whole spectrum of things and implement new ways to ensure their main priority as well as the adults involved and remember that "IT'S ALL ABOUT THE KIDS"--  GOD bless everyone and see you all next year!  ;) ;)

[quote name="ICEWATER" post="1169899" timestamp="1328135512"]
I have read these pages until my head started hurting and I have came up with two conclusions: #1. There are very many opinions on this situation and neither party whether for or against is going to persuade the other at this time!! #2. I feel very, very sorry for the kids who are not allowed to play, because they are the ones who are suffering and did not ask to be placed in this situation. These kids signed up for the opportunity to be involved in a sport that is supposed to build character, fair play, and most importantly respect for one another! Regardless of how any of us feel about the situation, we need to remember that the children are what's most important.They (including the cheerleaders who are also there performing their hearts out) should be the focus of our attention, not how many Super Bowl trophies we have above the fireplace, so we can brag to our buddies during Holiday parties! I think that the STJFL should reevaluate the whole spectrum of things and implement new ways to ensure their main priority as well as the adults involved and remember that "IT'S ALL ABOUT THE KIDS"--  GOD bless everyone and see you all next year!  ;) ;)
[/quote]

Icewater......I felt everything you said.......but you HAVE to follow the rules.......

and I must say You and WOS has ALWAYS done that!

[quote name="TITANS2011" post="1168582" timestamp="1328028142"]
[quote author=bigtexn link=topic=94298.msg1166936#msg1166936 date=1327694442]
[/quote]

[/quote]

For Real??? So you think the people who allowed PA to join the STJFL did NOT think they had talent... dude get a clue.  Gotta be the most ridiculous post on this thread.

I think all of the posts from Titan Fan about the whole league being "scared of the talent" and "racially motivated" (my paraphrasing, btw) are laughable.  We watched the STJFL Titans (not just one team, but several), and while they were successful, I don't think ANYBODY was scared of playing them.  In fact, the only people that I saw scared were the PA folks watching their Senior team play BC when their QB got the wood laid on him by Justyn Romero.  Close game, considering we took every kid that wanted to play from little ol' 6k population BC and hung with the hand-selected "best" from 48k population PA....

That was also the only day we saw the police at an STJFL game... One of the PA fans got ejected for cursing a ref, then refused to leave.  The police had to escort him.  Seems like he didn't understand the concept of "rules" either. 

And as far as the local 4a schools being scared to play the Titans... We're not scared of the game, we're just scared to walk back to the car at your stadium after the game.  Right, WB?

[quote name="mikelbene" post="1170286" timestamp="1328195375"]
I think all of the posts from Titan Fan about the whole league being "scared of the talent" and "racially motivated" (my paraphrasing, btw) are laughable.  We watched the STJFL Titans (not just one team, but several), and while they were successful, I don't think ANYBODY was scared of playing them.  In fact, the only people that I saw scared were the PA folks watching their Senior team play BC when their QB got the wood laid on him by Justyn Romero.  Close game, considering we took every kid that wanted to play from little ol' 6k population BC and hung with the hand-selected "best" from 48k population PA....

That was also the only day we saw the police at an STJFL game... One of the PA fans got ejected for cursing a ref, then refused to leave.  The police had to escort him.  Seems like he didn't understand the concept of "rules" either. 

And as far as the local 4a schools being scared to play the Titans... [color=red][size=12pt]We're not scared of the game, we're just scared to walk back to the car at your stadium after the game.  Right, WB?[/size][/color]
[/quote] [IMG]http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/h366/bryce4904/images-1.jpg[/img]

[quote name="Tebowing" post="1170603" timestamp="1328210085"]
[quote author=mikelbene link=topic=94298.msg1170286#msg1170286 date=1328195375]

And as far as the local 4a schools being scared to play the Titans... [color=red][size=12pt]We're not scared of the game, we're just scared to walk back to the car at your stadium after the game.  Right, WB?[/size][/color]
[/quote] [IMG]http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/h366/bryce4904/images-1.jpg[/img]
[/quote]

What would a person say if they were told that a coach kept his team from the previous year together.  I hear that coaches draft young to get an older team for the next year.  Give me an answer to that question, and I'll respond again.  Just answer that simple question.  Anyone.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin