Silsbee-HJ--All you need to know

As you know, I rarely post on here.  Here is a rare post you can take to the bank.  If I am wrong, I will humble myself and never post again.
Here is what is going to happen tonight.  I stake my rep on this.

1.  It will be a war.  (duh)
2.  HJ will win
3.  Silsbee will start a scuffle. 

Bank on it!!

I would say one official will cheat but I forgot they went UIL. 

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="setxbbfan" post="1159040" timestamp="1326465773"]
lol - The last time I played in Silsbee we were cheated.  Confirmed on tape.  Another time (not against Silsbee) a ref cheated for us.  No doubt it happens.
[/quote]
Missed calls are something that occurs all the time.  Cheating, however, is another case altogether.  Would you care to cite circumstances (no names, please) that might lend some credence to your outlandish comments?

Sure - we are in Silsbee-

1.  We score the winning bucket (up 1 with 4 seconds) -ref states our player went out of bounds and came back in.  Tape showed the fatass was looking straight at the kid who was 15" from going out of bounds. 

2.  We are in a Tex. tournament playing a La. team.  We are down 1 with 2 seconds.  The opposing coach protests a call very quietly.  The ref (my friend and ranked number one by me all year) T's him up and walks by me and says-hit your freethrows and lets get out of here.  Believe me, they cheat.

One more -

This is a girls AAU but a local chapter (not BMT).

We are all WHite with one Black player.
Our opponents are all Black.

We have one White official and one Black official.

The Black official has called 11 fouls against us and 0 against our opponents.  I bring this to his attention and he T's me up. Fine.  At halftime, the White offical comes to me and I ask what the heck is going on.  He tells me the Black official said he is going to chunck me, to just sit down and he will take care of it.  Now the White official starts cheatin for us.  Every one of his calls went our way.  Everyone of the Black officals calls went against us.  When the game was over (by the way we won-I guess the White guy cheated better) I headed straight for the chapter president.  He stopped me in my tracks and said " you don't have to say a word-they are both being sent home.  Yes. they cheat.  Believe it.  All of them-no.  A small few-yes.

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="setxbbfan" post="1159072" timestamp="1326467823"]
Sure - we are in Silsbee-

1.  We score the winning bucket (up 1 with 4 seconds) -ref states our player went out of bounds and came back in.  Tape showed the fatass was looking straight at the kid who was 15" from going out of bounds. 

2.  We are in a Tex. tournament playing a La. team.  We are down 1 with 2 seconds.  The opposing coach protests a call very quietly.  The ref (my friend and ranked number one by me all year) T's him up and walks by me and says-hit your freethrows and lets get out of here.  Believe me, they cheat.
[/quote]
Thank you for a stand-up answer.  What year was the Silsbee incidence - maybe I was there.

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="setxbbfan" post="1159081" timestamp="1326468310"]
One more -

This is a girls AAU but a local chapter (not BMT).

We are all WHite with one Black player.
Our opponents are all Black.

We have one White official and one Black official.

The Black official has called 11 fouls against us and 0 against our opponents.  I bring this to his attention and he T's me up. Fine.  At halftime, the White offical comes to me and I ask what the heck is going on.  He tells me the Black official said he is going to chunck me, to just sit down and he will take care of it.  Now the White official starts cheatin for us.  Every one of his calls went our way.  Everyone of the Black officals calls went against us.  When the game was over (by the way we won-I guess the White guy cheated better) I headed straight for the chapter president.  He stopped me in my tracks and said " you don't have to say a word-they are both being sent home.  Yes. they cheat.  Believe it.  All of them-no.  A small few-yes.
[/quote]
I apologize for doubting your allegations.  This boggles my mind!  I officiated many, many years ago and the game has changed drastically from the game back then.  And if this is happening among the officials, well it's pretty pathethic. >:(

It is pathetic.  I coached for 25 years.  99% of the officials were standup guys.  There are always a couple.  Same in the coaching ranks.  I really do admire the job officals do.  They have a tough assignment.  I don't want to sound like an offical basher.  Anyone will tell you (from the Bmt. chapter) that I gave them hell on occasion, but I always supported them and still appreciate all they did for me, our program, and the great sport of BB.

[quote name="KHSAlum400" post="1159116" timestamp="1326470683"]
[quote author=utfan06 link=topic=94179.msg1159038#msg1159038 date=1326465357]
Lol if they went taso that would be in hj favor lol
[/quote]

Duh!  ;D ;D ;D
[/quote]

No different than if the local UIL chapter was calling....it would be a huge advantage for Silsbee.

That is why these two teams always go outside of SE Texas for officials!!!!

[quote name="setxbbfan" post="1159033" timestamp="1326465049"]
As you know, I rarely post on here.  Here is a rare post you can take to the bank.  If I am wrong, I will humble myself and never post again.
Here is what is going to happen tonight.  I stake my rep on this.

1.  It will be a war.  (duh)
2.  HJ will win
3.  Silsbee will start a scuffle. 

Bank on it!!

I would say one official will cheat but I forgot they went UIL.
[/quote]

So no more setxbbfan?? 1 out if 3 isn't bad. :D ;)

I wondered who would call me out.  Dang-I embarressed myself on this one.  I would have bet a pay check on this game.  My congrats and apologies to Silsbee and coach Sigler.  SHS played a great game and represented themselves well.  They made a believer out of me. They also earned a new fan.  If they make it to Austin, I will be there cheering.  If the members of this discussion forgive me, I will post again.  If not, I deserve my ouster.  By the way, this district once again is one of the toughest in Texas.  Lesson learned-don't talk sh**. 

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="setxbbfan" post="1160012" timestamp="1326572141"]
I wondered who would call me out.  Dang-I embarressed myself on this one.  I would have bet a pay check on this game.  My congrats and apologies to Silsbee and coach Sigler.  SHS played a great game and represented themselves well.  They made a believer out of me. They also earned a new fan.  If they make it to Austin, I will be there cheering.  If the members of this discussion forgive me, I will post again.  If not, I deserve my ouster.  By the way, this district once again is one of the toughest in Texas.  Lesson learned-don't talk sh**.
[/quote]
Hey!  Good post and you can use my ID to post anytime if something happens to you. ;D

Wasn't there but obviously Silsbee played a great game.  Give them their due.

Wanna bet HJ won't go 11/31 at the line again, or turn it over 14 times in one quarter? 

Anybody wanna bet which team wins district or goes further in the playoffs?

My money will be on HJ.

All of this talk has led me to the conclusion that all you need to know is:  you can forget about the 12-6 or 27-0 they mean nothing now.  The thing that does matter is that the Tigers have the perfect record now, when it matters, and for now they are the ones every team in the district will be gunning for. And I know HJ will be even more focused in a couple weeks. So Tigers keep working and keep focused, don't ease off the pedal between now and then or at any time after.

[quote name="ST413" post="1160387" timestamp="1326604959"]
All of this talk has led me to the conclusion that all you need to know is:  you can forget about the 12-6 or 27-0 they mean nothing now.  The thing that does matter is that the Tigers have the perfect record now, when it matters, and for now they are the ones every team in the district will be gunning for. And I know HJ will be even more focused in a couple weeks. So Tigers keep working and keep focused, don't ease off the pedal between now and then or at any time after.
[/quote]Although the undefeated record in district is much more important than an undefeated pre-season, the undefeated play-off run is what both teams are gunning for, eh?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder