Beaumont Ozen vs. Vidor Game Thread/Ozen wins 62-26!

Lol....VP  Vidor has a good team, they were just out matched. They never "hung" with Ozen, they were actually  being HUNTED by Ozen. Ya see Ozen took about a quarter to identify Vidor's weaknesses. Ozen's coaches then dialed up combinations of players to exploit those weaknesses. Your right, Ozen's bench players are as good if not better then most teams starters. That's  why this team is so special. They can run, and as you can see now they can slow down and play half court ball. It was a great plan by Coach Jacks, but  Ozen is just way to versatile. I  think Vidor may have a better chance against Central...good luck!

Vidor did a good job of slowing things down in the beginning and playing a spread Offense....But Ozen was too much for the five players V played the whole game, could see the wheels coming off right before halftime....If the Refs would not have blown their friggin whistle the entire game, this game would have gotten ugly....Congrats Ozen on the win....and I see Vidor making the playoffs, good luck to both teams....

Hunting them? Nah they just couldnt hit anything to start the game sir. On the other hand they were wayyyy to deep for Vidor and when Richmond fouled out it was a done deal. Congrats to Vidor for exploiting Ozen a little bit that first half just need some bench.

[quote name="HFfan5" post="1155869" timestamp="1325945551"]
Hunting them? Nah they just couldnt hit anything to start the game sir. On the other hand they were wayyyy to deep for Vidor and when Richmond fouled out it was a done deal. [b]Congrats to Vidor for exploiting Ozen a little bit that first half[/b] just need some bench.
[/quote]
Thank you  8)

And yes dimlaws the battle for second place will be on January 13th and february 2nd.

Wow HF... "Exploited Ozen"...that's  a pretty tough word after beating a team by 36. They called off the full court press half way through the 4th quarter, and they started stalling the ball about 2-3 min left in the game. Could have been muuuch worse HF. Exploited.....Hahaha...hahaha.... that's too funny!!!

[quote name="hoopstar23" post="1156086" timestamp="1325978380"]
Anyone want to comment on this call - it was this way all night

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bq0p8HMOETI
[/quote]

Outstanding video!...Yes, clearly it was horrible call.  Having said that, I have seen at least one or two of those every game this year...Refs are human and miss calls, make bad calls.  Sounds like this guy may have had more than his share though lol..would not have made any difference in result though.  Vidor needs to hope for a second place finish or their playoff run will be very short.  Dayton is WAY underated, very good and would beat Vidor by 20.

[quote name="HillGuy" post="1156118" timestamp="1325984480"]
[quote author=hoopstar23 link=topic=93842.msg1156086#msg1156086 date=1325978380]
Anyone want to comment on this call - it was this way all night

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bq0p8HMOETI
[/quote]

Outstanding video!...Yes, clearly it was horrible call.  Having said that, I have seen at least one or two of those every game this year...Refs are human and miss calls, make bad calls.  Sounds like this guy may have had more than his share though lol..would not have made any difference in result though.  Vidor needs to hope for a second place finish or their playoff run will be very short.  Dayton is WAY underated, very good and would beat Vidor by 20.
[/quote]
Wow. Dayton? Really? I'll hold you to that. We'll see who beats who in bi week of the playoffs. Incase you forgot we just went blow for blow for the first half of a game with the number one ranked team in the state. Come on hillguy i know your not that dumb.

Great post Hillguy, but can I just add that HE was and IS by far one of the best Refs calling these days....The calls I would be questioning are the ones against Ozen, my gosh they would just run by and the whistle would blow.....Regardless, the Refs did not determine this game and if anything they helped keep the score down  ;).....IF I were you, I'd take that advice from Hillguy on DAYTON---they are really good....

[quote name="vp32" post="1155835" timestamp="1325913647"]
Pretty much they beat us with there bench. They had fresh players like every 10 minutes and they were all good enough to be starters. Starting five against starting five we hung with em but when they subbed in people thats when they got us.
[/quote] ::)

[quote name="dimlaws" post="1156152" timestamp="1325993471"]
Forget the foul...did you see how high she jumped !....Asia is only about 5'3"!!...Wow!!
[/quote]
She is more like 5'5", but dang she can elevate no doubt.  About the same as 11 from BH  ;D ;D  Hope to get the rematch of those two in the R3 Final  ;)

[IMG]http://i44.tinypic.com/233abs.jpg[/img]

I am really happy for Vidor that they are doing good because they was down for many years. That being said, I made a comment earlier in the year that size and depth would be a problem for Vidor down the road. I think Ozen exposed that, Ozen is clearly the best team in the golden triangle. Vidor has good guard play but that will only carry you so far.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    hulmeyolmu
    Newest Member
    hulmeyolmu