J. Nelson verbal commitment!!!!

ndn4eva

Guest beechnut
[quote name="PN-G bamakid" post="1150801" timestamp="1324932030"]
[quote author=beechnut link=topic=93457.msg1150799#msg1150799 date=1324931717]
Where did he play high skewl? Congrads to he and Lamar.
[/quote]

PN-G. He's been one of our best players the last two seasons.
[/quote]

With Hicks we need some good wideouts and we have a really good soph te coming back. Happy Happy about this news.

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="PN-G bamakid" post="1150801" timestamp="1324932030"]
[/quote]

[/quote]
Don't stoke him BamaKid.  If he's that out of touch he doesn't deserve to know. 8)

Guest beechnut
[quote name="Tigersvoice" post="1150832" timestamp="1324940384"]
[quote author=PN-G bamakid link=topic=93457.msg1150801#msg1150801 date=1324932030]
[/quote]

[/quote]
Don't stoke him BamaKid.  If he's that out of touch he doesn't deserve to know. 8)
[/quote]

TTT glad that Lamar is getting a local kid.

[quote name="beechnut" post="1150839" timestamp="1324941970"]
[quote author=Tigersvoice link=topic=93457.msg1150832#msg1150832 date=1324940384]
[quote author=PN-G bamakid link=topic=93457.msg1150801#msg1150801 date=1324932030]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

TTT glad that Lamar is getting a local kid.
[/quote]
Lamar has many local kids...I'm glad Lamar is getting a local talent that could play at a FBS school like UH, SMU, etc...Many of those kids have choosen to leave, ala Ford (SFA) and Doty (Oregon) last year.

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1150978" timestamp="1325004182"]
I've seen nelson on the basketball court.  He will need to get a little bigger to be  the player that I know he can be playing d-1 college ball.  He have all the Football fundimentals and IQ down, no doubt.  He will be a treat to see in the Red and White!
[/quote]
I would expect him to put on 10-20 pounds and play 6'1" 200+ lbs. He and Seals if they get him can contribute right a way.

[quote name="badndn" post="1151030" timestamp="1325011278"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=93457.msg1150978#msg1150978 date=1325004182]
I've seen nelson on the basketball court.  He will need to get a little bigger to be  the player that I know he can be playing d-1 college ball.  He have all the Football fundimentals and IQ down, no doubt.  He will be a treat to see in the Red and White!
[/quote]
I would expect him to put on 10-20 pounds and play 6'1" 200+ lbs. He and Seals if they get him can contribute right a way.
[/quote]

How fast is he?  From the couple of times I saw him on Friday night experience he looked great. He was always open and never dropped anything.  I think he is a great recruit for us and I am stoked we got us an Indian (no I'm not from Port Neches,  I'm a Beaumont boy but you gotta love that Indian spirit).

I don't know what his 40 time is, but he is football fast...sneaky fast...he can find a way to get open.  If he puts on 10-15 lbs. and plays at 195-205 lbs. he could be a Wes Welker or Hines Ward type WR...a slot receiver that gets matched up with a nickel DB or a safety and just plays like a ball hawking WR.  He reminds me a lot of Hines Ward...justs gets open and makes catches.  At Lamar, he will not be able to get wide and run downfield and just out-jump DBs like he did for us at PN-G...but, he has a knack for getting open, finding holes in a zone, and competing for the ball.  He has the best set of hands to come through the PN-G football program.  When the ball went to him, he competed for it and usually made the catch.  He made some outstanding catches in the 6 or 7 games I've seen in the past 2 years.  Glad he's got an opportunity to play for LU.  He could be a terrific slot WR that moves the chains.  We will miss him at PN-G.

Go Indians.  Peace.

Man, in his case, forget speed.  He's fast enough.  he have the uncanny ability to make the catch in traffic.  He makes the easy catch.  He makes the in coverage catch.  He jumps over you to get it.  He possitions himself well against smaller defenders.  He also makes the catch over the middle, takes the hard hit, and gets back up and catch over the middle again.  MOST importantly, he blocks very well downfield on run plays.  This kid is something.  Put on some size, and we have a special case here!

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1151543" timestamp="1325105063"]
Man, in his case, forget speed.  He's fast enough.  he have the uncanny ability to make the catch in traffic.  He makes the easy catch.  He makes the in coverage catch.  He jumps over you to get it.  He possitions himself well against smaller defenders.  He also makes the catch over the middle, takes the hard hit, and gets back up and catch over the middle again.  MOST importantly, he blocks very well downfield on run plays.  This kid is something.  Put on some size, and we have a special case here!
[/quote]

That is good to hear.  I only saw him on the televised games but I was just shocked at the catches he was making.  PNG's QB just threw it up a couple of times and he'd make the catch.  And he was getting open all the time and it wasn't just short passes.  He caught a couple of deep balls too.  I didn't pay attention to what he did blocking downfield but a lot of receivers don't want to mess with that so it is good to hear that he doesn't mind blocking.

Jayce ran a 4.5 flat at one of those college combines this past summer. And yes the thing that I saw him do this year that really impressed me was blocking downfield. On Bertrands 60 yarder against Crosby, Jayce drove his man out of the play about 20 yards downfield to allow Chase to punch it in. Thats good stuff. He reminds me of the Shipleys!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder