Stump / west brook

12gage

Soulja and dove you have no idea what you speak of. You are told to run a 5a program on a 2a budget and you have NO control over your middle schools , if it were the school of choice then it would had been done, not bisd s fault if they had done the bid process right the first time wb would be in a field house, so don't go there

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="12gage" post="1148577" timestamp="1324322380"]
Soulja and dove you have no idea what you speak of. You are told to run a 5a program on a 2a budget and you have NO control over your middle schools , if it were the school of choice then it would had been done, not bisd s fault if they had done the bid process right the first time wb would be in a field house, so don't go there
[/quote]You're soooo lost.  Crybabies caused this.  The reason why?  It's a long story, but I'm sure if you have been reading the newspaper for the last year, you would know what I'm talking about.  I'll leave it at just that.

[quote name="besbolbenbedygud" post="1148516" timestamp="1324316018"]
Soulja it's been a long time since you and I have had a discussion but you have to know that can not be true for all times.  Suitting up in a 5a uniform does not give you 5a talent.

WB was in no way intended to be the "football school" in Beaumont but like I was told dearing the birth of New Hebert.  Win and they show up. But even that does not assure they will just "automatically " come here. 

The hand your dealt.  Soulja your killing me.  Everyone else in the area including PA looks at their cards and begins to shufful them a whole two years before BISD schools can even peak.
[/quote]Yes, West Brook is the football school.  Ask the Middle School athletes and they'll tell you.  If you want to win and perhaps move no the the next level after High school. 

Yes, West Brook does have 5a talent.  Ozen did have most of West Brook's talent at one point but the talent returned to West Brook just as fast as Ozen's decline. Did you not see this?

The  hand that your're dealt.  The players that show up for 2 a days  is who you have to work with, which shows they show up an far more abundance in the West End as shown with the huge freshmen group that West Brook pulls in vs. what Central and Ozen have.

[quote name="12gage" post="1148606" timestamp="1324327254"]
West brook had less than 40 freshman show up and finished with low 30 numbers , hardly 5 a numbers , again if you no not what you are talking about stop
[/quote]If you would pay more attention to what I was typing instead of being a smart butt, you would realize what's going on.  Listen closely.  compare West Brook's freshmen turnout to Central's and Ozens.  Now the point that you're making is that West Brook don't turn out that many freshmen.  Common sense would tell you that they won't turn out as much as other schools in their district because West Brook does have other High Schools in the district.  Also, Memorial's numbers are probably up becuase they have ONE high school in their district, and that is when their kids are not changing to Port Neches and Nederland.  Let's see.  LaPorte have one High School, and so does North Shore.  Baytown Sterling's numbers are going away fast due to Goose Creek Memorial's  increasing numbers.

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="12gage" post="1148606" timestamp="1324327254"]
West brook had less than 40 freshman show up and finished with low 30 numbers , hardly 5 a numbers , again if you no not what you are talking about stop
[/quote]
Damn, 12gage - if those are the requirements then you could never make a post! ;D

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1148603" timestamp="1324326916"]
[quote author=besbolbenbedygud link=topic=93264.msg1148516#msg1148516 date=1324316018]
Soulja it's been a long time since you and I have had a discussion but you have to know that can not be true for all times.  Suitting up in a 5a uniform does not give you 5a talent.

WB was in no way intended to be the "football school" in Beaumont but like I was told dearing the birth of New Hebert.  Win and they show up. But even that does not assure they will just "automatically " come here. 

The hand your dealt.  Soulja your killing me.  Everyone else in the area including PA looks at their cards and begins to shufful them a whole two years before BISD schools can even peak.
[/quote]Yes, West Brook is the football school.  Ask the Middle School athletes and they'll tell you.  If you want to win and perhaps move no the the next level after High school. 

Yes, West Brook does have 5a talent.  Ozen did have most of West Brook's talent at one point but the talent returned to West Brook just as fast as Ozen's decline. Did you not see this?

The  hand that your're dealt.  The players that show up for 2 a days  is who you have to work with, which shows they show up an far more abundance in the West End as shown with the huge freshmen group that West Brook pulls in vs. what Central and Ozen have.
[/quote]Very true

Fact - wb has no field house , has not had one for a year and no one in sight . Fact wb had fewer than 40 freshmen this year . Fact wb has no control over their own feeder schools from middle school . I just feel , and I might be wrong if that happened at the other schools it would have been fixed. Just going to be tough to replace stump with a quality coach with this hanging over the new coaches head. Look I hope central, ozen and west brook all have good football programs , just seems like all three are fighting a losing battle

[quote name="12gage" post="1148651" timestamp="1324332843"]
Fact - wb has no field house , has not had one for a year and no one in sight . Fact wb had fewer than 40 freshmen this year . Fact wb has no control over their own feeder schools from middle school . I just feel , and I might be wrong if that happened at the other schools it would have been fixed. Just going to be tough to replace stump with a quality coach with this hanging over the new coaches head. Look I hope central, ozen and west brook all have good football programs , just seems like all three are fighting a losing battle
[/quote] And I always thought the Ozen zoned kids were going to WB ::)

Once again, it's always outside agitators commenting on the goings on in BISD.  I have to defer to Soulja on the fieldhouse situation but Ozen's decline was WB's gain.  WB now has 3 middle schools zoned to it(Austin was added after the latest bond passed).  Not CBT's problem kids don't wanna play @WB when they get there.  I'm also glad transfers stopped 3 years ago.  This years freshman class has 600.  Meaning 300 boys so how about some of those native Westenders participate more than depending on other's talent....

Also, I'd like to see Price elm and Blanchette not zoned to Marshall.....

My heart goes out to these kids. I know life is not fair but as adults our kids deserve better than this. Kids are kids.  I dont care if you are black, brown, white, yellow or green. I dont care if you live in Beaumont, Port Arthur, Orange, Vidor, Nederland or Port Neches. Our kids deserve better than this. How can you compete in Region III in 5A wtih no fieldhouse? It just is not acceptable. If you were paying taxes and your kid had to attend WB and he played football and had to deal with this situation. You have every right to be upset. If this went on at Ozen, Vidor, Memorial, Nederland or Central I would be saying the same thing and feel the same way. Whoever caused this situation or is responsible for this neeeds to be terminated immediately.

That's just it......., if it's West Brook your suppose to just take it, like it, and make it work.    But if it happens at Ozen or Central your.............. Oh who are we kidding BISD would not let it happen at Ozen or Central. 

West Brook was fortunate Stump was near by when the job became available the first time.    Your wanting a new coach to come in with hands tied and mouth shut and to just take it?????  Cant wait to see the long line waiting for that one. 

I'm guessing SFA is calling himself the outside agitator?  And Soulja........you must have reached poster god like statues for your opinions to be seen as "very true".........plleeeeaaaassseee.....guess I've been out of the loop

I do recall back on the original smack attack web sight saying there will be a reverberation from Ozen back to WB. I based that on coaching and lack of success.  So ya Soulja I saw it

I did not count on the district helping West Brook implode instead of helping it succeed?!?!  Why would a distrct do that??

I have to agree with you. Nobody has answered my question on how can you compete in 5a Region III without a fieldhouse? I wish some of these so called know it alls could look at these  kids in the eye who have busted their tail all year and tell them how this fair and ethical that they are not given atleast the basic needs to compete in footbal. It is not fair if this were to happen at Central or Ozen. All these kids deserve the best that we can possibly give them in regrads to their education and whatever school activity they choose to do. These kids are our future. I commend all the players and coaches at WB on a good season. You young men represented your families, community and school in a tremendous fashion even though you were dealt a unfair hand. You were more of a man than some of the hypocrites on this board. May God bless you and all the other kids in Southeast Texas who have given their all and left everything on the football field this year. Thank you for a great football season.

Alex Durley was the man! All of the other coaches WB has had have under achieved in my opinion. Jerry Henschel couldn't coach his way out of a paper bag. He had tons of talent during his time and couldn't make it past the first round! Rabb took over and that started the down years to be nice. Stump did have the program going in the right direction, but I think his next move will be for his kids and WB will be searching for someone like an Alex Durley, who can put all of the bs aside and win ballgames.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder