Stump / west brook

12gage

[quote name="J.T. Williams" post="1148761" timestamp="1324346260"]
Why is it so hard to admit the kids at WB are getting screwed because of incompetence from the leaders in BISD. These same guys who are talking all this junk about WB if this was happening at Central or Ozen they lips would be poked out and mad as heck.
[/quote]So again, this is really not about Football, right?  It's  your arena to make little comments about BISD higher ups, just as the media and local people that have no idea what they speak.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="J.T. Williams" post="1148763" timestamp="1324346637"]
How can you compete without a fieldhouse? Please someone just answer that question.
[/quote]It was unfortunate that they didn't have a field house.  It wasn't there and the West Brook program moved on.  They did pretty good this year.  Beaumont Bowl champions...Gave the State runner up PA Memorial all they wanted and some...  made the playoffs.. and had a chance to beat Deer Park in the first round.  They did all of this without a fieldhouse, and probably could have done it without the HC for the Bruins crying every week on TV.

[quote name="J.T. Williams" post="1148795" timestamp="1324349372"]
My heart goes out to these kids. I know life is not fair but as adults our kids deserve better than this. Kids are kids.  I dont care if you are black, brown, white, yellow or green. I dont care if you live in Beaumont, Port Arthur, Orange, Vidor, Nederland or Port Neches. Our kids deserve better than this. How can you compete in Region III in 5A wtih no fieldhouse? It just is not acceptable. If you were paying taxes and your kid had to attend WB and he played football and had to deal with this situation. You have every right to be upset. If this went on at Ozen, Vidor, Memorial, Nederland or Central I would be saying the same thing and feel the same way. Whoever caused this situation or is responsible for this neeeds to be terminated immediately.
[/quote]You're starting to sound like a broken record. 
If you go back and read, you'll see the facts on WHY the work stopped at West Brook.  Truth be told, the work on Central's field house was almost brought to a halt as well.

[quote name="besbolbenbedygud" post="1148827" timestamp="1324354621"]
That's just it......., if it's West Brook your suppose to just take it, like it, and make it work.    But if it happens at Ozen or Central your.............. Oh who are we kidding BISD would not let it happen at Ozen or Central. 

West Brook was fortunate Stump was near by when the job became available the first time.    Your wanting a new coach to come in with hands tied and mouth shut and to just take it?????  Cant wait to see the long line waiting for that one. 

I'm guessing SFA is calling himself the outside agitator?  And Soulja........you must have reached poster god like statues for your opinions to be seen as "very true".........plleeeeaaaassseee.....guess I've been out of the loop

I do recall back on the original smack attack web sight saying there will be a reverberation from Ozen back to WB. I based that on coaching and lack of success.  So ya Soulja I saw it

I did not count on the district helping West Brook implode instead of helping it succeed?!?!  Why would a distrct do that??
[/quote]'But if it happens at Ozen or Central your...' Nah, go ahead and finish.  I want to understand this logic of thinking

I have to admit.  Stump did do some good things and won and got the kids back in the West End.  Everyone wants to play for winners. But the comment 'Your wanting a new coach to come in with hands tied and mouth shut and to just take it?????  '.  Can you elaborate on this as well?  I don't understand.  ::)

I've talked to 85 on several occasions and he actually knows a lot more than you think he does. As far as me being a 'poster god', call it what you want.  I believe I have more credibility than you with all the undertoned comments and secret code talk with no facts to back up anything you say.

'I do recall back on the original smack attack web sight saying there will be a reverberation from Ozen back to WB. I based that on coaching and lack of success.  So ya Soulja I saw it
' Um, I don't remember that one.

'I did not count on the district helping West Brook implode instead of helping it succeed?!?!  Why would a distrct do that??'  Do you have any facts to support that?  Honestly, how ridiculous does that sound.  You have a school that have the highest enrollment in Beaumont and Southeast texas.  Why in the heck would you NOT want it to succeed?  You always refer to our higher ups.  'they' get paid based on the student enrollment.  if enrollment declined, don't you think that 'someone' will have less money rolling in?  Just a thought.

[quote name="Scalp'em" post="1148868" timestamp="1324366353"]
Alex Durley was the man! All of the other coaches WB has had have under achieved in my opinion. Jerry Henschel couldn't coach his way out of a paper bag. He had tons of talent during his time and couldn't make it past the first round! Rabb took over and that started the down years to be nice. Stump did have the program going in the right direction, but I think his next move will be for his kids and WB will be searching for someone like an Alex Durley, who can put all of the bs aside and win ballgames.
[/quote]West Brook does have talent now, so if Stump wants to leave, then so be it.  Those kids and the community will move on.

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="1148896" timestamp="1324385140"]
Well, regardless of the reasons "why."  I expect that we'll hear official word today that Craig Stump is leaving to take the head coaching job at Atascocita.  Twitter traffic is saying it is a done deal.
[/quote]Good luck to him.  I wonder if he is taking his youngest son with him?

[quote name="besbolbenbedygud" post="1148956" timestamp="1324393525"]
Less money rollin in?  BISD just sent 88 teachers out of state for 5 days to the amount of $200,000.  Aperently they spend it where they want to!!
[/quote]So now you're complaining about teachers upgrading their work knowledge?

[quote name="Scalp'em" post="1148868" timestamp="1324366353"]
Alex Durley was the man! All of the other coaches WB has had have under achieved in my opinion. Jerry Henschel couldn't coach his way out of a paper bag. He had tons of talent during his time and couldn't make it past the first round! Rabb took over and that started the down years to be nice. Stump did have the program going in the right direction, but I think his next move will be for his kids and WB will be searching for someone like an Alex Durley, who can put all of the bs aside and win ballgames.
[/quote]

More opinions used to try and rewrite history.....
1.  Durley is the greatest coach to have been at West Brook.  He has the ring
2.  Henschel did get out of the first round.  Maybe not to the amount of your personal liking?  Not many from this area made it past the city of Aldine in the late 80's early 90's.
      86 second round lose to Lamarque 9 to 6.  They lost in the state finals to Plano
      87 lost to Aldine Mac 14 to 13 Mac made it to the quarters.
      88 lost to Aldine 42 to 14.  They lost in the state finals to Odessa Permian
      90 lost in third round to Houston Lamar
      91 lost to Aldine Mac 21 to 14
      92 lost to Aldine Esinhower 31 to 28. They lost to Converse Judson in the simis. Judson blanked their finals appointment 52 to zip that year.
      94 lost in third round to Katy 31 to 28.  They lost in the state finals to Plano.

3.  By now even Soulja and SFA can agree the opening of Ozen did not exactly help Al Rabb.  Besides can you guess who has taken West Brook the farthest in the playoffs since Alex Durley?????
    Answer: Al Rabb four rounds in 97 ( same year Ozen opened )

Agree or disagree, say things in ways that make people believe you..... But you can not rewrite documented history

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1148959" timestamp="1324394058"]
[quote author=besbolbenbedygud link=topic=93264.msg1148956#msg1148956 date=1324393525]
Less money rollin in?  BISD just sent 88 teachers out of state for 5 days to the amount of $200,000.  Aperently they spend it where they want to!!
[/quote]So now you're complaining about teachers upgrading their work knowledge?
[/quote]

Ya. That's what they did.  Lol

When it's tax payer money and bias. ya I'll stand up against that

[quote name="besbolbenbedygud" post="1148976" timestamp="1324395239"]
[quote author=Scalp'em link=topic=93264.msg1148868#msg1148868 date=1324366353]
[/quote]

More opinions used to try and rewrite history.....
1.  Durley is the greatest coach to have been at West Brook.  He has the ring
2.  Henschel did get out of the first round.  Maybe not to the amount of your personal liking?  Not many from this area made it past the city of Aldine in the late 80's early 90's.
      86 second round lose to Lamarque 9 to 6.  They lost in the state finals to Plano
      87 lost to Aldine Mac 14 to 13 Mac made it to the quarters.
      88 lost to Aldine 42 to 14.  They lost in the state finals to Odessa Permian
      90 lost in third round to Houston Lamar
      91 lost to Aldine Mac 21 to 14
      92 lost to Aldine Esinhower 31 to 28. They lost to Converse Judson in the simis. Judson blanked their finals appointment 52 to zip that year.
      94 lost in third round to Katy 31 to 28.  They lost in the state finals to Plano.

3.  By now even Soulja and SFA can agree the opening of Ozen did not exactly help Al Rabb.  Besides can you guess who has taken West Brook the farthest in the playoffs since Alex Durley?????
    [b]Answer: Al Rabb four rounds in 97 ( same year Ozen opened )[/b]

Agree or disagree, say things in ways that make people believe you..... But you can not rewrite documented history
[/quote]Rabb IMO was not a good coach.  In '97, it didn't hurt that he had a manchild at QB that year. 

Funny when a coach has a " man child " they should win state ,like PA or west brook or central or ozen , one player does not a team yes team make , rabb was a good coach , you try to win when you take most of your team to make ozen , when ozen filled up , wb started winning again , now that ozen is losing enrollment we stop transfers . Soulja you must really be out of touch.

And in my opinion we will never know what Rabb could have done without Ozen's existence

Rabb would say the same thing wins go to the credit of the kids, coaches are only credited with the loses.  He knew the "hand" he was being "dealt" and yet he took the job and the kids that suited up!

The issue is, if stump leaves, what is going to attract a coach equal to or greater then him.  Pay?  A full program?  A locked 4a preseason?

[quote name="12gage" post="1148994" timestamp="1324396794"]
Funny when a coach has a " man child " they should win state ,like PA or west brook or central or ozen , one player does not a team yes team make , rabb was a good coach , you try to win when you take most of your team to make ozen , when ozen filled up , wb started winning again , now that ozen is losing enrollment we stop transfers . Soulja you must really be out of touch.
[/quote]Rabb with the option right, option left, run right punt offense?  If you call that good coaching, then we have no arguments.  I'm not out of touch,but i'm begining to think that you are if you believe Rabb was a 'good' coach.

[quote name="besbolbenbedygud" post="1149005" timestamp="1324397808"]
And in my opinion we will never know what Rabb could have done without Ozen's existence

Rabb would say the same thing wins go to the credit of the kids, coaches are only credited with the loses.  He knew the "hand" he was being "dealt" and yet he took the job and the kids that suited up!

The issue is, if stump leaves, what is going to attract a coach equal to or greater then him.  Pay?  A full program?  A locked 4a preseason?
[/quote]How about a real 5a team with real 5a athletes and talent?  Do you realize that the State's top running back and arguably one of the nation's best RB walked the halls at West Brook not too long ago? Just food for thought.

[quote name="besbolbenbedygud" post="1149017" timestamp="1324399091"]
Soulja your not getting it. Do you realize how easy it would have been for that "great" RB to end up at Ozen or Central?  Do you not realize the senior Ozen QB,this season, went to a Cental Feeder school. 

It's a crap shoot for coaches at BISD
[/quote]I'm completly aware of that.  The Ozen QB actually had more ties to Central as his dad was the Central basketball coach that pushed us to our first state game.  He ended up not going to Central.  We no anyone else cries over spilled milk...  well except for 'some' people. 

First time poster.  A couple of thoughts:

First of all, Consider the fact that Stump's wife is a big-wig for Exxon Mobil.  They are moving their company HQ to The Woodlands, which would be the most logical explanation for the move (as fun as the other theories are.)

Coming from someone who went to WB during the dark ages of football, Al Rabb sucked. There are Flag Football leagues at any YMCA in the country that run a more complicated offense than he did.

Anything running around the rumor mill as to who the replacement might be? If Stump wants to leave, let him. I dont blame him. BISD is not set up to consistently put a football team in the 4th, 5th or final round of the playoffs. Its just not. Period. They dont have the coaching, the facilities, the funding, and the community support. Compared to the great programs in the state....Katy, SL Carroll, Lake Travis, Converse Judson, ect., WB and BISD fall way short. BISD is gonna be hard pressed, IMO, to find another quality coach that will be willing to come in here, and win with what is available. Stump is given alot of credit for giving life to a stagnant program, when he took over on 05. But he's also gonna be given most of the blame for the program taking a nosedive this season. 6-5. Really? I'm still pissed about it, thus the main reason I havent posted anything on here in 2 months. Anyway, if he wants to leave.....dont let the door hit ya, where the Good Lord split ya! Good luck in Atascocita!

[quote name="Johnny Beaumont" post="1149109" timestamp="1324407886"]
First time poster.  A couple of thoughts:

First of all, Consider the fact that Stump's wife is a big-wig for Exxon Mobil.  They are moving their company HQ to The Woodlands, which would be the most logical explanation for the move (as fun as the other theories are.)

Coming from someone who went to WB during the dark ages of football, Al Rabb sucked. There are Flag Football leagues at any YMCA in the country that run a more complicated offense than he did.
[/quote]applause for you...

[quote name="82 5A State Champs" post="1149110" timestamp="1324408235"]
Anything running around the rumor mill as to who the replacement might be? If Stump wants to leave, let him. I dont blame him. BISD is not set up to consistently put a football team in the 4th, 5th or final round of the playoffs. Its just not. Period. They dont have the coaching, the facilities, the funding, and the community support. Compared to the great programs in the state....Katy, SL Carroll, Lake Travis, Converse Judson, ect., WB and BISD fall way short. BISD is gonna be hard pressed, IMO, to find another quality coach that will be willing to come in here, and win with what is available. Stump is given alot of credit for giving life to a stagnant program, when he took over on 05. But he's also gonna be given most of the blame for the program taking a nosedive this season. 6-5. Really? I'm still pissed about it, thus the main reason I havent posted anything on here in 2 months. Anyway, if he wants to leave.....dont let the door hit ya, where the Good Lord split ya! Good luck in Atascocita!
[/quote]the facilities?  What, the weight room/field house?  THAT'S what it takes to run him off?  Looks like someone was just fishing for a reason to leave after 'little Johnny' graduated.  8)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami