Barbers Hill vs. Dayton Game Thread/Barbers Hill wins 50-49!

WOSgrad

[quote name="HillGuy" post="1147612" timestamp="1324088122"]
Thanks. No signal in gym

30-22 mid 3rd now.
[/quote]never like to blame the refs but they blew this one. I think it is unfair to have people from BH calling games like this. It is totally unfair to the opposing team in that situation at the end of the game. If i was dayton i would get refs from houston or one of the other surrounding areas but not bay area.

[quote name="tjcfan08" post="1147727" timestamp="1324115826"]
Hate I missed the last couple of minutes of this game, but glad to see Dayton showed up and gave BH a game....Hillguy, you gotta get that crackberry of yours updated, I had full service the whole time  ;)....
[/quote]

First of all, Dayton ALWAYS shows up to play us and they have a very good team this year.  Secondly...you are right.  My kids have better technology than I do!  IPhone coming soon!

I wish [u]I[/u] would have left with 2 minutes to go after that near self-desctruction  LOL. 

[quote name="BIGBRITE" post="1147729" timestamp="1324118608"]
[quote author=HillGuy link=topic=93192.msg1147612#msg1147612 date=1324088122]
Thanks. No signal in gym

30-22 mid 3rd now.
[/quote]never like to blame the refs but they blew this one. I think it is unfair to have people from BH calling games like this. It is totally unfair to the opposing team in that situation at the end of the game. If i was dayton i would get refs from houston or one of the other surrounding areas but not bay area.
[/quote]

Seriously?  The foul count was dead even...both teams in double bonus at end of game.  BH didnt get as many players in foul trouble because they played more players, spreading out the fouls.  The calls went both ways.  There were a lot of no calls, like the one with 8 seconds to go when Dayton was TRYING to foul and hammered the BH ball handler to the floor, took the ball and scored....no call.  I'm not sure what the refs ruled at the end, but what I saw on the final play the the ball was tipped by Dayton on the inbound pass into the back of the backboard.  Would have been BH ball even if time hadnt expired.

[quote name="HillGuy" post="1147792" timestamp="1324139001"]
[quote author=BIGBRITE link=topic=93192.msg1147729#msg1147729 date=1324118608]
Thanks. No signal in gym

30-22 mid 3rd now.
[/quote]

Seriously?  The foul count was dead even...both teams in double bonus at end of game.  BH didnt get as many players in foul trouble because they played more players, spreading out the fouls.  The calls went both ways.  There were a lot of no calls, like the one with 8 seconds to go when Dayton was TRYING to foul and hammered the BH ball handler to the floor, took the ball and scored....no call.  I'm not sure what the refs ruled at the end, but what I saw on the final play the the ball was tipped by Dayton on the inbound pass into the back of the backboard.  Would have been BH ball even if time hadnt expired.
[/quote]I thought it hit her hand not the backboard but the ref did not call the out of bounds and blew the whistle on the shooting foul before time expired. Dayton should have went to the line for two FT. So the refs really blew two calls in two seconds that decided the game because it was clear he blew the whistle for the foul before time expired. Again if I was Dayton or any other team in this district I would refuse to use the Bay area chapter when playing BH because they tend schedule BH residents to call their games. NOT RIGHT.

[quote name="BIGBRITE" post="1147795" timestamp="1324139982"]
[quote author=HillGuy link=topic=93192.msg1147792#msg1147792 date=1324139001]
[quote author=BIGBRITE link=topic=93192.msg1147729#msg1147729 date=1324118608]
Thanks. No signal in gym

30-22 mid 3rd now.
[/quote]

[/quote]I thought it hit her hand not the backboard but the ref did not call the out of bounds and blew the whistle on the shooting foul before time expired. Dayton should have went to the line for two FT. So the refs really blew two calls in two seconds that decided the game because it was clear he blew the whistle for the foul before time expired. Again if I was Dayton or any other team in this district I would refuse to use the Bay area chapter when playing BH because they tend schedule BH residents to call their games. NOT RIGHT.
[/quote]

Which Ref is a BH resident?  I hope it was not the one who lined up the BH player behind the backboard on the final inbound play.  That was bad officiating.

To bad a good game between TWO good teams had to end in such confusion. 

[quote name="tjcfan08" post="1147823" timestamp="1324145554"]
Dayton does have a good team, they are quick....Glad I made the trip....BUT there is a big difference between FOUL COUNT and GOOD CALLS....I saw that before halftime....Hope my schedule allows me to make the next matchup between these two, ;)....
[/quote]

Now you are a basketball guru? You need to leave that to the experts. LOL!!!!!!!

[quote name="Riding Solo" post="1147838" timestamp="1324146962"]
[quote author=tjcfan08 link=topic=93192.msg1147823#msg1147823 date=1324145554]
Dayton does have a good team, they are quick....Glad I made the trip....BUT there is a big difference between FOUL COUNT and GOOD CALLS....I saw that before halftime....Hope my schedule allows me to make the next matchup between these two, ;)....
[/quote]

Now you are a basketball guru? You need to leave that to the experts. LOL!!!!!!!
[/quote]

What experts, they complain about everything.....And you better watch it, I know where you live....At least I don't wear anything blue/white with a big star on it....choke....

[quote name="tjcfan08" post="1147848" timestamp="1324148021"]
[quote author=Riding Solo link=topic=93192.msg1147838#msg1147838 date=1324146962]
[quote author=tjcfan08 link=topic=93192.msg1147823#msg1147823 date=1324145554]
[/quote]

[/quote]

What experts, they complain about everything.....And you better watch it, I know where you live....At least I don't wear anything blue/white with a big star on it....choke....
[/quote]

>:( >:( >:( >:( >:( ;D

I posted this over a year ago and haven't changed my opinion....wonder how may referees Dayton has produced???:

I can understand your concern and on the surface it might be frustrating to a Dayton, or other 19-4A fan.  I am not an insider to the officials group (how they are scheduled, etc) you reference, but let me give different perspective.  From what I hear, getting folks to become refs is hard enough and having a group of good, experienced ones is even tougher.  I know these men and women and they are not just in it for the extra cash.  The truly want to provide the area with good officiating.  If you become a referee, you are probably a basketball fan...and you probably support your local team, or even have a kid in the program.  If you exclude anyone with any ties to local basketball or local schools...well, good luck with that.  I'm not offering a solution, just the reality.  What I see is some fine BH area residents who have stepped up and took on a job that a lot of people (including me) would NEVER do.  The fact that there are a lot of BH officials is not BH's fault, ....maybe its the fact that other communities are NOT producing folks who will do it.  It ain't perfect but it could be a lot worse

I agree Hill Guy, and lets not forget. There has been a on going battle between the local chapters and the UIL. Especially in football, I have seen a big drop off in quality officials at the lower classifications. I would also like to say that since I have been watching girls basketball which has been about 15 years, they let the girls play way to rough. IMO when they let kids play like that then you can throw defense out the window. It is really sad to watch sometimes.

[quote name="HillGuy" post="1148159" timestamp="1324187119"]
I posted this over a year ago and haven't changed my opinion....wonder how may referees Dayton has produced???:

I can understand your concern and on the surface it might be frustrating to a Dayton, or other 19-4A fan.  I am not an insider to the officials group (how they are scheduled, etc) you reference, but let me give different perspective.  From what I hear, getting folks to become refs is hard enough and having a group of good, experienced ones is even tougher.  I know these men and women and they are not just in it for the extra cash.  The truly want to provide the area with good officiating.  If you become a referee, you are probably a basketball fan...and you probably support your local team, or even have a kid in the program.  If you exclude anyone with any ties to local basketball or local schools...well, good luck with that.  I'm not offering a solution, just the reality.  What I see is some fine BH area residents who have stepped up and took on a job that a lot of people (including me) would NEVER do.  The fact that there are a lot of BH officials is not BH's fault, ....maybe its the fact that other communities are NOT producing folks who will do it.  It ain't perfect but it could be a lot worse
[/quote]I agree hillguy and appreciate all the refs. I am simply saying to eliminate any pressure being put on these refs, allow someone with know ties to BH or the other team call the games of this magnitude. They have enough refs to do that because I have saw the list. You would not want refs from dayton calling BH's games. that is all I am saying. It was a great game and looking forward to second match up hopefully with some refs that don't have anything to Dayton or BH and that way hopefully the players will decide who wins and who looses.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin