Miami Marlins

What's going on in Miami?  The usually low payroll Marlins have been blowing money like it's nothing over the last few weeks.  Did the cartel buy the team or what?

First closer Heath Bell, then batting champ Jose Reyes, now they offered Pujols a 10 year deal.  I guess the Miami fans may get to see a dream team in 2 sports.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/7322538/miami-marlins-offer-albert-pujols-10-year-contract-sources-say

Guest basketball25
Miami will get good business bringing baseball in, and also bringing in those type of players they could win quick, olney said the other day they are looking to bring another ace type pitcher too!!

[quote name="baseball25" post="1140785" timestamp="1323197255"]
lol, you better hope so... marlins just offered him 10 yrs
[/quote]

He's dominican.. He'd get to live in Miami, for 10 years at that. I'd be shocked if he doesn't go there with a 10 year deal unless the Cards give him something crazy.

[quote name="walldrill" post="1142177" timestamp="1323367792"]
Saw they maybe in runnings for Prince if they can clear Hanley's salary by trading him he refuses move to 3B.
[/quote]

i wouldn't be totally shocked if Prince somehow ends up at Texas.  he'd be an excellent fit there.

[quote name="bullets13" post="1142201" timestamp="1323370122"]
[quote author=walldrill link=topic=92711.msg1142177#msg1142177 date=1323367792]
Saw they maybe in runnings for Prince if they can clear Hanley's salary by trading him he refuses move to 3B.
[/quote]

i wouldn't be totally shocked if Prince somehow ends up at Texas.  he'd be an excellent fit there.
[/quote]

Heard he grew up in that Arlington area???

• 4 weeks later...
[quote name="walldrill" post="1142177" timestamp="1323367792"]
[/quote]

I read where Hanley has agreed to position change unless he has changed his mind.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    fasedo9317
    Newest Member
    fasedo9317