Manvel vs. Calallen /MANVEL WINS 31-28!!!!!

Z04AEA

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="dustoff03" post="1140636" timestamp="1323184400"]
After dropping their week 1 game to Calhoun, they have been on a roll. Looked good against Tivy. But idk, too close to call. Gonna come down to ball control and that infamous yellow flag.
[/quote]I say manvel should take it if they play the way they have been playing all season... BTW dustoff03, did you make it to the Angleton vs Dawson game?

[quote name="Purple/Silver/White" post="1140926" timestamp="1323208396"]
[quote author=dustoff03 link=topic=92686.msg1140636#msg1140636 date=1323184400]
After dropping their week 1 game to Calhoun, they have been on a roll. Looked good against Tivy. But idk, too close to call. Gonna come down to ball control and that infamous yellow flag.
[/quote]I say manvel should take it if they play the way they have been playing all season... BTW dustoff03, did you make it to the Angleton vs Dawson game?
[/quote]
Afraid not. The Calhoun fans here at Formosa were so distraught after losing to Tivy that they decided everyone needed to work Sat and Sun. Only game I saw was Sunday night NFL. Sounded like a nailbiter as predicted. Congrats to yall on a great season. Unfortunately my hopes of someone beating LT are probably gone. I don't think Dawson will do it.

Lets think about this logically. LaMarque always beats Callalen in this round of play. & Manvel has beat LaMarque twice. Im thinking Callallen is counting their chickens just cause manvel is new. But lets renember, this is only thier third year of varsity football & they have dominated every team. They are from the toughest district 24-4A

[quote name="SFA85" post="1140333" timestamp="1323121053"]
Calallen's never beaten a Reg 3 team.  LM turned them back numerous times.  WO-S got them once.  Can't see why Manvel doesn't beat them as well
[/quote]

You're almost correct. Calallen beat Brenham (Reg 3) in the Semis in 2005. They've lost every other time though. I will have to go with Manvel in this one.

[quote name="dustoff03" post="1140982" timestamp="1323211143"]
[quote author=Purple/Silver/White link=topic=92686.msg1140926#msg1140926 date=1323208396]
[quote author=dustoff03 link=topic=92686.msg1140636#msg1140636 date=1323184400]
[/quote]
Afraid not. The Calhoun fans here at Formosa were so distraught after losing to Tivy that they decided everyone needed to work Sat and Sun. Only game I saw was Sunday night NFL. Sounded like a nailbiter as predicted. Congrats to yall on a great season. Unfortunately my hopes of someone beating LT are probably gone. I don't think Dawson will do it.
[/quote]Yeah, we were one catch away from winning that one. Apparently, when thrown into a 30mph headwind the speed at which a pass travels decreases significantly after about 10 yards - (which enables a defender to get between the ball and its intended target much easier) :o Then, with less than a minute left and a four point lead, the opposition can just run the clock down. That's cool tho, 13-1 is still the best record (and team) Angleton has ever had in their history! (Not to mention a better record than Dawson's @ 12-2, and fixin' to be 12-3)!! LOL!!
I'm sure the 'Cats will be a force to be reckoned with next season too! I agree with you about Dawson and LT. I will be surprised if LT doesn't pluck all the eagles' feathers and send them home crying...BTW thanks for supporting Angleton! That's really cool of you. You know, not being from the area and all. :) Oh, Yeah... GO MAV'S!!!!

Guest UHCoog14
Calallen will have to do it with the back-up QB.  It's being reported on Twitter that the starter Dorsey is done  for the season with a knee injury.

[quote name="rollinac" post="1141967" timestamp="1323352357"]
It's too bad Manvel went DII because they could have been the team to beat LT.  That being said, I'm with Panama....42-13.
[/quote]

I sorta agree with the LT comment, but the 2 times I've seen Manvel, they made way too many mistakes to hang with LT. They've def. got the talent and depth though.

Calallen's gonna get hammered in this one.... 42-13 sounds good to me as well.... maybe 42-17

[quote name="dayton" post="1141994" timestamp="1323354308"]
[quote author=rollinac link=topic=92686.msg1141967#msg1141967 date=1323352357]
It's too bad Manvel went DII because they could have been the team to beat LT.  That being said, I'm with Panama....42-13.
[/quote]

I sorta agree with the LT comment, but the 2 times I've seen Manvel, they made way too many mistakes to hang with LT. They've def. got the talent and depth though.

Calallen's gonna get hammered in this one.... 42-13 sounds good to me as well.... maybe 42-17
[/quote]Kinda wish we would have got a shot at LT myself, but I'll take Calallen... LOL!  Honestly our kids have to play hard and not underestimate this squad.  I saw their film and they look like a very good football team.  Hopefully we can pull it out.  HOKA HEY!!!  GO MAV'S!!

[quote name="songone" post="1142174" timestamp="1323367453"]
[quote author=dayton link=topic=92686.msg1141994#msg1141994 date=1323354308]
[quote author=rollinac link=topic=92686.msg1141967#msg1141967 date=1323352357]
[/quote]

[/quote]Kinda wish we would have got a shot at LT myself, but I'll take Calallen... LOL!  Honestly our kids have to play hard and not underestimate this squad.  I saw their film and they look like a very good football team.  Hopefully we can pull it out.  HOKA HEY!!!  GO MAV'S!!
[/quote]

Maybe you don't want to get overconfident but I'm happy to oblige....we must be watching different films or something.  This shifty little running back may break loose once or twice but there won't be any sustained drives.  I also don't see the Calallen defense stopping Manvel without a bunch of turnovers (which honestly I've seen before ;).  Manvel is going to dominate the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball and has better skill players and more depth.  Hence, I see a blowout but I've been wrong before.

[quote name="Bronco/Cat Fan" post="1142522" timestamp="1323394427"]
Manvel should take this one, but don't go in over-confident. LaMarque made the last game close in the second half! Good luck Mavs.
[/quote]LaMarque made some great adjustments at halftime and made a game of that one!  Hopefully we can play better Saturday... We have the talent to win it all, but we got to take one play at a time.  Cut down on penalties, mistakes and stay focused for 4 quarters!  MAV NATION!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin