BISD Releases Statement About Ozen/La Marque Post Game Brawl

WOSgrad

Not very detailed in thier reports when speaking about the actual fight. If you noticed they dressed it up leading up to the final event, but then was very vague about the main incident itself. If they reviewed the video(which they said they did) then I would think the report would be a little more detailed then what BISD put out. Just my observation and being unbiased. Hopefully the young men from Ozen learned from this unfortunate incident.

Actually exxonmobil pays my salary! And whatever he's doing it must be working cause bisd hasn't laid off one teacher. We can't say the same for Vidor can we? People like you hate on Dr. Thomas and bisd all the time, but I'll take Bisd over Vidor everyday of the week and twice on Sunday.

[quote name="invictus" post="1135222" timestamp="1322630668"]
Oh and delete my posts that tell the truth too.  This site is apparently full of sissies that cannot handle the truth.  I would have thought more of a group of men.  But, I guess not.
[/quote]

Well, this is not required reading.  If you find our moderation so disappointing, you are cordially invited to leave.

[quote name="Yeoj" post="1135230" timestamp="1322632013"]
Actually exxonmobil pays my salary! And whatever he's doing it must be working cause bisd hasn't laid off one teacher. We can't say the same for Vidor can we? People like you hate on Dr. Thomas and bisd all the time, but I'll take Bisd over Vidor everyday of the week and twice on Sunday.
[/quote]

Get your facts correct.  Vidor did not, let me type this again.  Vidor did not lay off and teachers.  A state mandated staffing review was conducted, as a result of that review some secretaries, custodial staff and Para-professionals were released. Again, no teachers were laid off.

[quote name="BWOOD" post="1135267" timestamp="1322654548"]
[quote author=Yeoj link=topic=92472.msg1135230#msg1135230 date=1322632013]
[/quote]

Get your facts correct.  Vidor did not, let me type this again.  Vidor did not lay off and teachers.  A state mandated staffing review was conducted, as a result of that review some secretaries, custodial staff and Para-professionals were released. Again, no teachers were laid off.
[/quote]

Just curious; where did the state mandate come from?

Guest UHCoog14
[quote name="mat" post="1135289" timestamp="1322658830"]
[quote author=BWOOD link=topic=92472.msg1135267#msg1135267 date=1322654548]
[quote author=Yeoj link=topic=92472.msg1135230#msg1135230 date=1322632013]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Just curious; where did the state mandate come from?
[/quote]

In our district, it was not really a "mandate", just a reduction in State funding that led to those types of staff reductions. No loss of teaching positions per se, we just did not replace retirees and teachers that left for other reasons.

What does this have to do with teachers being laid off or not? ??? "BISD Releases Statement About Ozen/La Marque Post Game Brawl" This is the topic right?  According to the article "Those players who lacked proper judgment and chose to participate in acts of misconduct will be held accountable for their actions. Based upon their degree of involvement, students will receive school-based disciplinary action in accordance with district policy" Would they be getting this school-based disciplinary action if their football season was still going? I'm not just talking about this school... I am talking about all high schools.... IMO I believe if you are a Jock you have preferential treatment. I would be curious to see how many LaMarque players are missing come Saturday. Keep in mind now THIS IS JUST MY OPINION

Guest UHCoog14
[quote name="octfeb" post="1135299" timestamp="1322660239"]
What does this have to do with teachers being laid off or not? ??? "BISD Releases Statement About Ozen/La Marque Post Game Brawl" This is the topic right?  According to the article "Those players who lacked proper judgment and chose to participate in acts of misconduct will be held accountable for their actions. Based upon their degree of involvement, students will receive school-based disciplinary action in accordance with district policy" Would they be getting this school-based disciplinary action if their football season was still going? I'm not just talking about this school... I am talking about all high schools.... IMO I believe if you are a Jock you have preferential treatment. I would be curious to see how many LaMarque players are missing come Saturday. Keep in mind now THIS IS JUST MY OPINION
[/quote]

I was just answering the mans question in a round-about away.

As for the fight, not too worried about it. Not much we can do on here except take care of our own.

You can bet that LM will handle this issue...."In House".  You know, like...uh,  ok all you guys that were involved...go run 2 laps!  Shame on you!

There is    N O  W A Y  that LM is going to pull key players before this biggest game of the yr.  The fans would have the coaches heads,  so, their hands are tied.  That's just the society that we live in today.  And I'm not sure that any person can say with any certainty that their school would handle it any different if in the same shoes.

[quote name="PNG Proud" post="1135325" timestamp="1322661590"]
You can bet that LM will handle this issue...."In House".  You know, like...uh,  ok all you guys that were involved...go run 2 laps!  Shame on you!

[b]There is    N O  W A Y  that LM is going to pull key players before this biggest game of the yr.[/b]  The fans would have the coaches heads,  so, their hands are tied.  That's just the society that we live in today.  [b]And I'm not sure that any person can say with any certainty that their school would handle it any different if in the same shoes.[/b]
[/quote]Thats what I am talking about... But if it were another kid or kids that did that (that isn't into any UIL event) They would be in ISS or suspended RIGHT THEN!

A couple of things: first, somebody posted that there were not many details about the fight. I believe in Mr. Saveat's statement he says those details were on an attachment that went with his statement.
Second, according to BISD handbook the students involved should at least go to ISS for a first offense, anything after a first offense involves pathways. Anytime you're in ISS or Pathways you are banned from any extra carricular activities. We may never know what punishment is handed out to the players, though.
Last, I bet minimal punishment is handed out at both schools.

[quote name="Titletown2" post="1135562" timestamp="1322677414"]
A couple of things: first, somebody posted that there were not many details about the fight. I believe in Mr. Saveat's statement he says those details were on an attachment that went with his statement.
Second, according to BISD handbook the students involved should at least go to ISS for a first offense, anything after a first offense involves pathways. Anytime you're in ISS or Pathways you are banned from any extra carricular activities. .
[/quote]

I believe that is only for the day of the acticity.  So a kid could easily get 3 days of ISS and be back in time not only for the big game but in time to practice with the team.  Sad but true.

[quote name="NDNation" post="1135673" timestamp="1322686516"]
Where is some video? Cant believe that their wasnt at least one fan that whipped out the cell phone and recorded it.
[/quote]

Oh I am sure there is a video floating out there somewhere.  IMO both teams are at fault.  Players from both teams were involved, period.  Until the UIL makes their rules crystal clear regarding this type of behavior it will continue.  Fight today, playoffs tomorrow.  Yeah the players in the NFL get fined when they are out of line but what does it matter to them?? Pay a couple thousand out of the millions you make but then you play the next game.  It is getting out of hand.  To me, discipline starts in your home and as you play sports and are under your coach, he continues to instill those values into you when you are on that field representing your team/community.

[quote name="NDNation" post="1135673" timestamp="1322686516"]
Where is some video? Cant believe that their wasnt at least one fan that whipped out the cell phone and recorded it.
[/quote]I know right? ??? :-\

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder