La Marque not completely to blame for fights

SgtRey

[quote name="blundy" post="1132941" timestamp="1322423889"]
Officials could have prevented the brawl. There was unneccessary pushing and shoving after plays had ended starting with the very first play of the game and tension progressed to the brawl. It was like adults turning their heads or even cheering on children in a fight. There were no penalties given for the pushing and piling on players after the plays. Yes, these players are responsible for their actions but the officials may have prevented that fiasco by making the proper calls that could have stopped the tension buildup. I have never seen another game played where the teams were allowed to continue to play a game of football in that manner. I predicted what happened after the first play of the game and it was because the officials allowed the game to continue without penalty.
[/quote]

So typical.  Blame the officials instead of the ones who were actually participating in the fights.

[quote name="thedogs1987" post="1132919" timestamp="1322422213"]
Anyone in this area,  who has followed football in this area for many years, knows La Marque's reputation, which, shall I say, is not very good.  They are NOT known for their sportsmanship. 
This goes back for many years.

I have witnessed Ozen firsthand for many years, in HEATED games with us.  I can say I have not witnessed anything resembling something like this.  Ozen battles in the game and they have always been good sports to Nederland.  Talking is part of any football game.  I have not seen them take CHEAP SHOTS at players.

It will be to the credit of the coaches and school district how they handle this, going forward.
[/quote]You are 100% correct

[quote name="Diamond-J" post="1151491" timestamp="1325101055"]
[quote author=thedogs1987 link=topic=92301.msg1132919#msg1132919 date=1322422213]
Anyone in this area,  who has followed football in this area for many years, knows La Marque's reputation, which, shall I say, is not very good.  They are NOT known for their sportsmanship. 
This goes back for many years.

I have witnessed Ozen firsthand for many years, in HEATED games with us.  I can say I have not witnessed anything resembling something like this.  Ozen battles in the game and they have always been good sports to Nederland.  Talking is part of any football game.  I have not seen them take CHEAP SHOTS at players.

It will be to the credit of the coaches and school district how they handle this, going forward.
[/quote]You are 100% correct
[/quote]Me as well!

I can support the Ozen football team and hope they continue in their success if and only if they come forth in their regrets for their poor representation of my community.  I hope coach Jeff and our AD find a way to resolve this thru the appropriate discipline. 
Right or wrong, Ozen is now labeled in other areas of the state just like WE have labeled Lamarque.  Eyes will be on them and the smallllest of future incidents will be blown out of proportion until they exhibit nothing but outstanding first class behavior. 
Shame on anyone who condones a young adult when confronting our law enforcement.  The officers did not sign on to work the game hoping to use force.
Also, shame on the BISD officer for even getting thought of in a manner that would make another fellow officer feel he did not have his back.  You have embarrassed your entire department and our students and  my community deserves better.

Again, I will support my local teams, but behavior like this puts a dark cloud on the entire community.  If you lose with class then at least you have won something.

[quote name="WeedBegone" post="1151563" timestamp="1325108330"]
I can support the Ozen football team and hope they continue in their success if and only if they come forth in their regrets for their poor representation of my community.  I hope coach Jeff and our AD find a way to resolve this thru the appropriate discipline. 
Right or wrong, Ozen is now labeled in other areas of the state just like WE have labeled Lamarque.  Eyes will be on them and the smallllest of future incidents will be blown out of proportion until they exhibit nothing but outstanding first class behavior. 
Shame on anyone who condones a young adult when confronting our law enforcement.  The officers did not sign on to work the game hoping to use force.
Also, shame on the BISD officer for even getting thought of in a manner that would make another fellow officer feel he did not have his back.  You have embarrassed your entire department and our students and  my community deserves better.

Again, I will support my local teams, but behavior like this puts a dark cloud on the entire community.  If you lose with class then at least you have won something.
[/quote]

Well said, and could be written by either side. Thanks.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder