La Marque not completely to blame for fights

SgtRey

[quote name="SgtRey" post="1132706" timestamp="1322405142"]
http://galvestondailynews.com/story/275422/

http://galvestondailynews.com/story/275418

Check this out...the other side of the grass
[/quote]

For the GDN to write this article is amazing since the writers have been so critical of the team all year long.

No real team mate is going to quietly stand by and watch his team mate get beat up.  That's why brawls happen.  So to say that both sides are at fault may not be totally accurate.  The true blame rests on the shoulders of those that threw the first punches,  not necessarily those that defend their team mates.
I'm not saying which team is truly at fault, because I wasn't there, and I don't necessarily believe a reporter from the same region.  But IMO,  the one that took the first swing is at fault.

[quote name="PNG Proud" post="1132811" timestamp="1322411155"]
No real team mate is going to quietly stand by and watch his team mate get beat up.  That's why brawls happen.  So to say that both sides are at fault may not be totally accurate.  The true blame rests on the shoulders of those that threw the first punches,  not necessarily those that defend their team mates.
I'm not saying which team is truly at fault, because I wasn't there, and I don't necessarily believe a reporter from the same region.  But IMO,  the one that took the first swing is at fault.
[/quote]

Agreed

Absolutely that both teams are at fault.  This says a lot as well about the control the coaches have over their players.  I can not say it enough:  if you are proactive as a coach, these actions and unruly behavior can be prevented.  The officials also should have been more proactive in calling unsportsmanlike penalties when players start using profanity on the field toward one another. By not doing so, they also did not establish control in the game.

[quote name="Roger Korby" post="1132819" timestamp="1322411485"]
Absolutely that both teams are at fault.  This says a lot as well about the control the coaches have over their players.  I can not say it enough:  if you are proactive as a coach, these actions and unruly behavior can be prevented.  The officials also should have been more proactive in calling unsportsmanlike penalties when players start using profanity on the field toward one another. By not doing so, they also did not establish control in the game.
[/quote]

Playoff ban (next year) would open eyes but until the UIL does something to stop it its gonna happen ;)

Detroit Lions Suh will most likely be suspended and fined by the NFL for what he did on Thanksgiving...  Rightfully so!  Now if the guy which whom he stomped would have got up and retaliated he would be getting suspended and fined also...  For simply retaliating.  But instead he walked away and will be in uniform helping his team next week, while Suh continue to lie to the public and not accept responsibility.  All I'm saying is LaMarque had won the game and should have displayed a little more restraint and walked away... If its not there fault to begin with.  But go to 24-4A Facebook and you will read post that let you know that there was anger on both sides coming into the game.

[quote name="Roger Korby" post="1132819" timestamp="1322411485"]
[/quote]AGREED

[quote name="coog78" post="1132839" timestamp="1322413262"]
[quote author=Roger Korby link=topic=92301.msg1132819#msg1132819 date=1322411485]
[/quote]AGREED
[/quote]

I agree, it sounded like the officials lost control of the game. It was headed that way and was never stopped by thee officials. The coaches also have the duty to see whom is doing what and taker them off the field and get control of them...

Anyone in this area,  who has followed football in this area for many years, knows La Marque's reputation, which, shall I say, is not very good.  They are NOT known for their sportsmanship. 
This goes back for many years.

I have witnessed Ozen firsthand for many years, in HEATED games with us.  I can say I have not witnessed anything resembling something like this.  Ozen battles in the game and they have always been good sports to Nederland.  Talking is part of any football game.  I have not seen them take CHEAP SHOTS at players.

It will be to the credit of the coaches and school district how they handle this, going forward.

[quote name="thedogs1987" post="1132919" timestamp="1322422213"]
Anyone in this area,  who has followed football in this area for many years, knows La Marque's reputation, which, shall I say, is not very good.  They are NOT known for their sportsmanship. 
This goes back for many years.

I have witnessed Ozen firsthand for many years, in HEATED games with us.  I can say I have not witnessed anything resembling something like this.  Ozen battles in the game and they have always been good sports to Nederland.  Talking is part of any football game.  I have not seen them take CHEAP SHOTS at players.

It will be to the credit of the coaches and school district how they handle this, going forward.
[/quote]should have been early ejections

Seems to me, less should be made of "who" was to blame - and the focus should be on mentoring kids and teaching them that there is no room for this in high school athletics and is completely 100% unacceptable.

Officials could have prevented the brawl. There was unneccessary pushing and shoving after plays had ended starting with the very first play of the game and tension progressed to the brawl. It was like adults turning their heads or even cheering on children in a fight. There were no penalties given for the pushing and piling on players after the plays. Yes, these players are responsible for their actions but the officials may have prevented that fiasco by making the proper calls that could have stopped the tension buildup. I have never seen another game played where the teams were allowed to continue to play a game of football in that manner. I predicted what happened after the first play of the game and it was because the officials allowed the game to continue without penalty.

Let's blame the officials, cops, fans, ticket takers, concession stand workers, really???

I have been to my share of HORRIBLY officiated games which were physically beyond measure, BUT I have not seen those teams revert to fighting.

Call a  duck a duck!

These players made the choice.  THEY should be punished ON BOTH sides of the field.  UIL, Coaches and SCHOOL DISTRICTS should deal swiftly with this DISGRACE.  And Forbid that the parents take their kids and teach them a lesson or two. 

Everyone is watching how the adults react!!!!  Knowing that those kids are going to be law abiding citizens one day.

After the first brawl occurred in the 4th quarter, at the end of the game both coaches should've taken their teams to opposite ends of the field and skipped the handshake. The head coaches could've shook hands at the middle of the field and went about their business. WOS did that after the Columbus game because of esculating cheap shots at the end of the game by Columbus. It just eliminated the opprotunity for a bad situation, like that at the Ozen/LaMarque game. jmo.

[quote name="Titletown2" post="1133715" timestamp="1322509038"]
After the first brawl occurred in the 4th quarter, at the end of the game both coaches should've taken their teams to opposite ends of the field and skipped the handshake. The head coaches could've shook hands at the middle of the field and went about their business. WOS did that after the Columbus game because of esculating cheap shots at the end of the game by Columbus. It just eliminated the opprotunity for a bad situation, like that at the Ozen/LaMarque game. jmo.
[/quote]I AGREE

[quote name="thedogs1987" post="1132953" timestamp="1322424444"]
Let's blame the officials, cops, fans, ticket takers, concession stand workers, really???

I have been to my share of HORRIBLY officiated games which were physically beyond measure, BUT I have not seen those teams revert to fighting.

Call a  duck a duck!

These players made the choice.  THEY should be punished ON BOTH sides of the field.  UIL, Coaches and SCHOOL DISTRICTS should deal swiftly with this DISGRACE.  And Forbid that the parents take their kids and teach them a lesson or two. 

Everyone is watching how the adults react!!!!  Knowing that those kids are going to be law abiding citizens one day.
[/quote]Change my words if you like, but let me say it again in another way.  The officials neglected to penalize Ozen for their actions throughout the entire game.  Had the officials penalized them early on and established a sense of order, the fiasco may have been averted.  But maybe not, it seems that they play well but are very sore loosers.  But its not their fault as the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.  I'm guessing since they had nothing to loose, they wanted to make sure LaMarque will be eliminated from the playoffs.  I see that there are a lot of people posting who have no idea what happened at the game and they are going by what they heard another HATER say about LaMarque.  I'll ask you this;  What would you do if someone approached you violently after they just lost a game and the coach tried to hold him back without success?  Would you just stand there and let him beat you down?  I feel your pain because your area is out of the playoffs but that is just the way it is. I'm sure when UIL reviews the game tape they will know exactly what happened and that LaMarque had no choice but to defend themselves.  Trash talking?  So what?  You don't try to hurt someone because of trash talking.  What UIL will see is an Ozen player running towards the LaMarque players in a rage while his coach tried to hold him back.  The LaMarque players were exiting the field on the visitors side at that point.  Oh I guess the BE photographer didn't get that shot.  And just tell me how Ozen should be punished.  Like I said, they have nothing to loose.  I agree that this type of behavior has no place on the field and both teams should be punished but lets punish the person who put both teams in this predicament the harshest.  All I see is pure hatred towards the LaMarque team from adults who need to be teaching the children good sportsmanship.  If you all could remove all the hate from your hearts, you could look at the review of the game and see what really happened.  Its highschool football people.

If they have decent video you can get some idea of what happened. Someone threw the first punch in each individual fight,,, every kid that threw a first punch should be dealt with very severly. Expulsion and immediate removal from the schools athletic program would be a good start. Assault charges by local law enforcement would be a good follow up. Counseling for anger management and self control while serving time for the offenders,, and furthermore for every fight participant should be a part of the solution. Community service for both teams in the opposing schools town would not hurt.

Anything less than legal action for every fight instigator is a travesty. Hitting someone is assault, that's a crime, period. The law has no choice but to file charges. If we don't start hold americans accountable for bad behavior we are going to implode.. Its freaking ridiculous that we tolerate this bullcrap and the fact that its gone too far already is why it happened.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    xyurnnsw
    Newest Member
    xyurnnsw