Ozen/LaMarque Brawl...

[quote name="baddog" post="1132542" timestamp="1322371165"]
That would be the cheap shot artist? That wasn't a brawl. That was getting him off our QB after the late hit out of bounds.

This thread isn't about Ned.
[/quote]

It wasnt a late hit, he was trying to stop. And he was not on your quarterback he end up on yalls bench somehow and then your who team swarmed him then we ended up winning

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From looking at the pictures LaMarque had like triple the amount of players. If it was Beaumont Central, LaMarque would not have anymore players due to fatal injuries ;D. The cops definitely handled things wrongly. In one picture a LaMarque player(s) were kicking and hitting a Ozen player in the head. TRASH of a athletic program

[quote name="BH eagle 99" post="1132549" timestamp="1322371466"]
[quote author=baddog link=topic=92276.msg1132542#msg1132542 date=1322371165]
That would be the cheap shot artist? That wasn't a brawl. That was getting him off our QB after the late hit out of bounds.

This thread isn't about Ned.
[/quote]

It wasnt a late hit, he was trying to stop. And he was not on your quarterback he end up on yalls bench somehow and then your who team swarmed him then we ended up winning
[/quote]

Like I said. It was to get the cheap shot artist off our QB. It was penalized. You won. Big deal. It still was not a brawl.

The LM fans that are trying to claim they don't have a history of this are being dishonest.
Everyone knows that LM has a group of kids that are more likely than a lot of teams to get into fights.

A different coach will not help that.  The players are a product of their upbringing.
Heck, Baytown Lee has some of that same stuff and I'm a Lee fan.  So does Galveston Ball.

Some teams just have a higher propensity for getting into a brawl.
LM is one of those teams.

It's like a Miami Hurricane fan claiming to be ignorant when someone claims that the Hurricanes have a history of dirty play.
It's not an indictment of the whole town or community.  It just is what it is.

[quote name="panamamyers" post="1132565" timestamp="1322372401"]
The LM fans that are trying to claim they don't have a history of this are being dishonest.
Everyone knows that LM has a group of kids that are more likely than a lot of teams to get into fights.

A different coach will not help that.  The players are a product of their upbringing.
Heck, Baytown Lee has some of that same stuff and I'm a Lee fan.  So does Galveston Ball.

Some teams just have a higher propensity for getting into a brawl.
LM is one of those teams.

It's like a Miami Hurricane fan claiming to be ignorant when someone claims that the Hurricanes have a history of dirty play.
It's not an indictment of the whole town or community.  It just is what it is.
[/quote]

Tell everyone the who, when, and where. Making a blanket statement like that is dishonest, especially when you used brawl in the plurality. But hey, you could be right. Just show us the evidence, not innuendo and conjecture.

[quote name="cougartino" post="1132534" timestamp="1322370734"]
[quote author=ice74 link=topic=92276.msg1132487#msg1132487 date=1322368018]
[quote author=cougartino link=topic=92276.msg1132464#msg1132464 date=1322366787]
[quote author=ice74 link=topic=92276.msg1132445#msg1132445 date=1322366008]
1st off - a win is a win, lamarque won the game.

2nd- [color=red]LM has a history of this questionable behavior. [/color] Where there is smoke, there is fire.  When there is a pattern then, it makes it a bit difficult for you to claim innocence now.  Granted emotions run high, and sometimes get the best of the players, but when it persists over time and through coaching changes it kinda makes you wonder.  It is unfortunate that a program as storied as LM [color=red]continues to operate with such disorder.[/color] I'm certain that it is not all the kids, but a small group that cause the entire program to look bad, but that small group continues to do a really good job at portraying LM in a negative light.
[/quote]

There's a guy in WO who keeps great stats and he has us ranked high in several categories. One would think with all the success LM has, there would be a documented history of these occurrences. So what we at LM need from you is, please advise when all this "disorder" occurred. And for context sake, I'm referring to the football program, nothing else. The reason why I'm doing that is because you can search any ISD and find problems.
[/quote]

From your perspective, i'm sure you'll see it one way and I'll see it another.  You are correct, no district or program is without problems, so let's talk about today.  There was a great deal of trash talking both ways, but the loss of control and when things turned physical it was LM players that crossed the line.  I'm sure that you go to most of your team's games as I go to most of Ozen's games.  I have never in all my years of my watching panther football have I ever seen a team brawl like what occurred today.  I have seen Lamarque play twice and both times I've seen the same type of behavior.  I understand that 2 games is a small sample, but dude your 2 for 2 and according to other posters this was not an isolated occurrence.  As a LM fan can you say that this a new thing for your program?  Just curious, please enlighten me, since you feel I'm misinformed.  I truly hate it for both programs as it is not a good look, and is not a good representation of either district.
[/quote]

You made a premise so like a thesis, it's your job to support it with facts, not generalities. I've been told the area around the Hamburger Depot by the college is a magnet for fights and drug usage. According to other posters this is not an isolated. See how that game can be played? [b]All I'm asking for is specific examples.[/b] Other than today, what do you have to document LM football players regardless of fault, were involved in a brawl or melee before or after a game?
[/quote]

So you do get it!  Actually it is know for such activity and there appears to be some truth to what you've heard about Hamburger depot/College street area.  See how it works fella.  I stated in my previous post that my two times watching Lamarque play I [b]"witnessed" [/b]the same type of behavior.  I also, noted that this was a small sample and then asked  you to clarify if this is a true representation of the program that you follow.   

Seriously guys...

This is like asking for proof that Rodman was a hothead on the court.

Why are we going through these shenanigans?

Everyone who has ever played LaMarque can attest to the fact that they are a late hit here or there away from being in a shoving match or an altercation.

No one is trying to condemn the whole city over it, but trying to deny that there is a little bit rougher edge about LM than some other schools is a bit disingenuous. 

[quote name="panamamyers" post="1132584" timestamp="1322373239"]
Seriously guys...

Everyone who has ever played LaMarque can attest to the fact that they are a late hit here or there away from being in a shoving match or an altercation.

No one is trying to condemn the whole city over it, but trying to deny that there is a little bit rougher edge about LM than some other schools is a bit disingenuous.
[/quote]

True

[quote name="ice74" post="1132575" timestamp="1322372925"]
[quote author=cougartino link=topic=92276.msg1132534#msg1132534 date=1322370734]
[quote author=cougartino link=topic=92276.msg1132464#msg1132464 date=1322366787]

2nd- [color=red]LM has a history of this questionable behavior. [/color] Where there is smoke, there is fire.  When there is a pattern then, it makes it a bit difficult for you to claim innocence now.  Granted emotions run high, and sometimes get the best of the players, but when it persists over time and through coaching changes it kinda makes you wonder.  It is unfortunate that a program as storied as LM [color=red]continues to operate with such disorder.[/color] I'm certain that it is not all the kids, but a small group that cause the entire program to look bad, but that small group continues to do a really good job at portraying LM in a negative light.
[/quote]

There's a guy in WO who keeps great stats and he has us ranked high in several categories. One would think with all the success LM has, there would be a documented history of these occurrences. So what we at LM need from you is, please advise when all this "disorder" occurred. And for context sake, I'm referring to the football program, nothing else. The reason why I'm doing that is because you can search any ISD and find problems.
[/quote]

From your perspective, i'm sure you'll see it one way and I'll see it another.  You are correct, no district or program is without problems, so let's talk about today.  There was a great deal of trash talking both ways, but the loss of control and when things turned physical it was LM players that crossed the line.  I'm sure that you go to most of your team's games as I go to most of Ozen's games.  I have never in all my years of my watching panther football have I ever seen a team brawl like what occurred today.  I have seen Lamarque play twice and both times I've seen the same type of behavior.  I understand that 2 games is a small sample, but dude your 2 for 2 and according to other posters this was not an isolated occurrence.  As a LM fan can you say that this a new thing for your program?  Just curious, please enlighten me, since you feel I'm misinformed.  I truly hate it for both programs as it is not a good look, and is not a good representation of either district.
[/quote]

You made a premise so like a thesis, it's your job to support it with facts, not generalities. I've been told the area around the Hamburger Depot by the college is a magnet for fights and drug usage. According to other posters this is not an isolated. See how that game can be played? [b]All I'm asking for is specific examples.[/b] Other than today, what do you have to document LM football players regardless of fault, were involved in a brawl or melee before or after a game?
[/quote]

So you do get it!  Actually it is know for such activity and there appears to be some truth to what you've heard about Hamburger depot/College street area.  See how it works fella.  I stated in my previous post that my two times watching Lamarque play I [b]"witnessed" [/b]the same type of behavior.  I also, noted that this was a small sample and then asked  you to clarify if this is a true representation of the program that you follow. 
[/quote]

I get it. You got called out and then tried to switch the subject. It's not happening. There was no brawl after the Lumberton game. There was a brawl after the Ozen game. There is 1 brawl. 1! So let's try it one more time because again, you made the premise with terms like "disorder" and "questionable behavior." [b]Give us the examples.[/b] And to give you the history, I was sitting with the super (who is black) at the Lumberton game. He didn't care about the reason why our players refused to shake hands after the game. He saw a coach who refused to address it and well, you know.

Seriously guys...

[/quote]

True. And we can point to Rodman kicking a camer man, taunting Celtic Dennis Johnson, ripping his jersey off after being ejected, and headbutting referee Ted Bernhardt. These are documented examples that can be verified. Not a he said, she said. That's all I'm asking for. So again, other than the brawl with Ozen, can anyone here point to any documented examples? And please, enough of the LM late hits and shoving. That goes on in every game. Ever heard of Kilgore in 04 and 05? None of that made them a trash team.

[quote name="ice74" post="1132575" timestamp="1322372925"]
[quote author=cougartino link=topic=92276.msg1132534#msg1132534 date=1322370734]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]We can agree to disagree here all night we in LM know what kind of program we have had over the history of our football program.If we had a history of getting our @ss kick no one would complain so beleive what you want.We didn't have a problem with fighting until today.

[quote name="cougartino" post="1132569" timestamp="1322372549"]
[quote author=vpdb78 link=topic=92276.msg1132563#msg1132563 date=1322372344]
Last year doing Dayton game with LaMarque i overheard  a coach telling players to hurt our player break arm take them out. undisciplined team
[/quote]

I overheard a Dayton coach say the same thing. What are the odds?
[/quote]

If a coach orders his player to hit a player on the other team hard, but cleanly and legally, that's football.  An injury in that situation is part of the game.
If a coach orders his player to maliciously injure a player on the other team in violation of the rules of the game and state law (go break his arm or go bust his knees), that is at least misdemeanor conduct and could be a felony, depending on the severity of the injury.  No matter the team involved, that is unacceptable.  If not prosecutable, it at least opens the school and coach to civil litigation.

[quote name="coog78" post="1132604" timestamp="1322374607"]
[quote author=ice74 link=topic=92276.msg1132575#msg1132575 date=1322372925]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]We can agree to disagree here all night we in LM know what kind of program we have had over the history of our football program.If we had a history of getting our @ss kick no one would complain so beleive what you want.[b]We didn't have a problem with fighting until today.[/b]
[/quote]

Exactly! Ozen was successful intimidating Brenham last week. This week, Ozen ran across someone who pushed back. They lost. They're whining. Too doggone bad. They can now devote more time to that 2-1-2 zone.

[color=red][size=36pt][b]SCOREBOARD [/b][/size][/color]

[quote name="cougartino" post="1132592" timestamp="1322373713"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I get it. You got called out and then tried to switch the subject. It's not happening. There was no brawl after the Lumberton game. There was a brawl after the Ozen game. There is 1 brawl. 1! So let's try it one more time because again, you made the premise with terms like "disorder" and "questionable behavior." [b]Give us the examples.[/b] And to give you the history, I was sitting with the super (who is black) at the Lumberton game. He didn't care about the reason why our players refused to shake hands after the game. He saw a coach who refused to address it and well, you know.
[/quote]

I wasn't called out, I simply asked you to be honest.  I told you about the behavior that I witnessed and asked a simple question.  Your refusal to answer that question tells me that there may be an ugly truth that you wish to ignore.  It appears that you are a graduate of the Ndamakin Suh school of spin, forgetting that it has all been witnessed by many.  Does that mean that the people of LM are bad people as a whole?  absolutely not.  If what I witnessed of your team and also what the others who post similar accounts about LM is false then say so. Otherwise good night, congrats on your win, and I hope that nothing like this occurs again.

- since this is the first time in Lamarque's history that there has been a brawl, i'm sure it won't happen again. ;)

[quote name="JPD1966" post="1132606" timestamp="1322374826"]
[quote author=cougartino link=topic=92276.msg1132569#msg1132569 date=1322372549]
[quote author=vpdb78 link=topic=92276.msg1132563#msg1132563 date=1322372344]
Last year doing Dayton game with LaMarque i overheard  a coach telling players to hurt our player break arm take them out. undisciplined team
[/quote]

I overheard a Dayton coach say the same thing. What are the odds?
[/quote]

If a coach orders his player to hit a player on the other team hard, but cleanly and legally, that's football.  An injury in that situation is part of the game.
If a coach orders his player to maliciously injure a player on the other team in violation of the rules of the game and state law (go break his arm or go bust his knees), that is at least misdemeanor conduct and could be a felony, depending on the severity of the injury.  No matter the team involved, that is unacceptable.  If not prosecutable, it at least opens the school and coach to civil litigation.
[/quote]

I agree. I was just pointing out how fallacious his take was.

[quote name="ice74" post="1132608" timestamp="1322374901"]
[quote author=cougartino link=topic=92276.msg1132592#msg1132592 date=1322373713]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I wasn't called out, I simply asked you to be honest.  I told you about the behavior that I witnessed and asked a simple question.  Your refusal to answer that question tells me that there may be an ugly truth that you wish to ignore.  It appears that you are a graduate of the Ndamakin Suh school of spin, forgetting that it has all been witnessed by many.  Does that mean that the people of LM are bad people as a whole?  absolutely not.  If what I witnessed of your team and also what the others who post similar accounts about LM is false then say so. Otherwise good night, congrats on your win, and I hope that nothing like this occurs again.

- since this is the first time in Lamarque's history that there has been a brawl, i'm sure it won't happen again. ;)
[/quote]

Finally, you agree there are no other examples. Then you've must concur, perhaps your use of terms like "continues to operate is disorder" and "questionable behavior" was at best a reach. And I'm sure neither team will be involved in this type of thing again.

Seriously guys...

[/quote]

I'm glad you have been nominated to speak for everyone but I'd have to say that you doing so is a bit disingenuous in itself? I condem the actions by LM players but let's keep things in perspective. Have you taken time to look at both sides of the coin or are you only concentrating on a non Setx team? Granted this is a Setx board but have you noticed something in this entire thread? I'm yet to see any mention of the same accusations being thrown Ozen's way period. You don't take notice of the pattern because you are merely fanning the flames with accusations without having facts.

I've been a fan for LM for 30 years and I have never once seen anything of this magnitude take place ever before. The examples that you give are things I see happen on any given Friday night pretty much everywhere and those instances are typically handled by personal fouls or unsportsmanlike conduct penalties. This board is highly biased and if you don't believe me take a look around without your rose tinted glasses. You can deny it all you want but many here don't like LM because we typically put an end to your season so when the chance arises village idiots come out and take swipes at LM because they are followers instead of leaders. Other than our yearly games with Santa Fe who in the past always get frustrated because they are always on the losing end of the stick and resort to racial slurs I don't know of any team where shoving has been an issue.

Outside of that jaw jacking incident with Lumberton I'd sure like to see your instances of facts to support your blanket statements so please enlighten me? Things can get pretty hostile posting here at times as you folks attack non Setx members like ants on candy. I can take that mess in stride but don't diminish our accomplishments without having concrete evidence to support your accusations. It's petty, wreaks of envy and it shows clearly. I saw a post today that said if you mess with Ozen you get all of Setx on you. It speaks volumes!

[quote name="cougartino" post="1132612" timestamp="1322375305"]
[quote author=ice74 link=topic=92276.msg1132608#msg1132608 date=1322374901]
[quote author=cougartino link=topic=92276.msg1132592#msg1132592 date=1322373713]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Finally, you agree there are no other examples. Then you've must concur, perhaps your use of terms like "continues to operate is disorder" and "questionable behavior" was at best a reach. And I'm sure neither team will be involved in this type of thing again.
[/quote]

LOL!  You still never answered my question. Good Night SUH

[quote name="robanadana" post="1132529" timestamp="1322370345"]
Yes Invictus, I said PRAYER!!! I'm sorry your progressive (liberal) philosophy forgoes the inclusion of the Lord in anything, but it seems to have worked with Vidor / Central / Ozen just fine and has brought amity between our schools and our communities. I haven't seen too many teams that leave a post game prayer wanting to bash each other's heads in. Morals come from God: if not, show me that all seeing and knowing document created by any humanist which even comes close to the Bible. Sorry to everyone else if I got on my horse about this; just not big on atheism. Congratulations to Lamarque on their victory and Big Congratulations to Beaumont Ozen for making 20-4A proud. You represented us well. See ya'll on the B-ball court.
[/quote]

[img]http://bestsmileys.com/thumbs/2.gif[/img]

Bottom line is that both schools were at fault here. This sort of thing should never happen and for both sides to subject themselves to that sort of immaturity and embarassment is sad. Finger pointing is like condoning your sides actions. Whether LM has had a history of this type of behavior in the past is irrelevant. It was THIS YEARS LM team and THIS YEARS Ozen team that acted this way. This isnt a coaching thing or school philosophy thing. Its a parenting thing.

[quote name="hitman009" post="1132507" timestamp="1322368893"]
I'm not from either school.  I just looked at the all the picks and both teams actions were bad.
If there was "trash talking" from both teams then they were both at fault.
And when is it "OK" to start a fight or go ahead and retaliate??? did they hurt your feelings by what they said??? did it cause serious harm to your child by words.... So according to you then it is "OK" if they do a little trash talking after the game to fight... whatever...
How about teach your child to be a man and walk away... or don't trash talk back with another team and talk with your pads... Or if you get into a fight there are consequences.
Quit making excuses for kids... and teach them right from wrong..
[/quote]
AMEN

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder