Update on joharr73

Joharr73

Hello folks!  Thanks for everyone thoughts & prayers on the other thread.  Now I'd like to let you all know how it went.

Surgery lasted over 8 hours; they tried twice to repair my valve, however neither attempt worked.  We went with an artificial valve & know it sounds like the doctor left a clock in my chest.  LOL  ;D

Stayed in ICU for 3 nights & then in a regular room for 4 more nights.  I really don't think I could have made it another day in the hospital, those beds & chairs are horrible.  Have to admit though, the nursing staff at Memorial was awesome.

I'll probably be stuck here at home for another 4 to 6 weeks.  I do go outside and walk everyday on the street, not moving too fast or too far yet.

[quote name="Riding Solo" post="1131933" timestamp="1322354168"]
Don't know you but glad everything worked out OK. Now it is your turn to take better care of yourself. This is serious man. Don't know how old you are but your kids or grandkids want you to hang around for a while. Just sayin.
[/quote]

I will & thanks, weird thing is that my problem was genetic and not something like diet, high stress or high blood pressure.  My Artiries were perfectly clear, just a bad valve.  Surgeon said I had 80% regurgitation and probably 2 to 4 months before I had irreversable heart failure.

Oh and I'm 38! 

[quote name="Joharr73" post="1131955" timestamp="1322354735"]
[quote author=Riding Solo link=topic=92273.msg1131933#msg1131933 date=1322354168]
Don't know you but glad everything worked out OK. Now it is your turn to take better care of yourself. This is serious man. Don't know how old you are but your kids or grandkids want you to hang around for a while. Just sayin.
[/quote]

I will & thanks, weird thing is that my problem was genetic and not something like diet, high stress or high blood pressure.  My Artiries were perfectly clear, just a bad valve.  Surgeon said I had 80% regurgitation and probably 2 to 4 months before I had irreversable heart failure.

Oh and I'm 38!
[/quote]

Glad they caught it in time. You are young and have your whole life infront of you. I am actually the one that has not taken care of myself. I am 49 do have high blood pressure and don't eat right. I love my rice and gravey. Your story has opened my eye's.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kinghoyn
    Newest Member
    kinghoyn