Your schools Best Teams that Underachieved

D3zii

2001 HJ team:  We started off 8-0 without having any really close games... In the 8th game of the season our RB (Quentin Riley), FB (Curtis Leday), and QB (Patrick McKeller) all got hurt.  We lost the next game in double or triple OT by 2 points, and the game after that to then 3A powerhouse Barber's Hill by 2 points on a PAT that they botched, recovered and ended up running in for a conversion.  We then went to the 1st round of the playoffs (still without Riley and Leday, and with a still-injured McKeller playing) and lost by about 3 TDs to Bridge City.  That team was stacked.  We had 3 or 4 all-state players on that team (how often can you say that for an HJ team?), our defense was stiff, our offense loaded, and our special teams was very good for a 3A school.  If everyone stays healthy, i think we had a reasonable shot at making a very deep playoff run, maybe even to state.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="bullets13" post="1142251" timestamp="1323373482"]
2001 HJ team:  We started off 8-0 without having any really close games... In the 8th game of the season our RB (Quentin Riley), FB (Curtis Leday), and QB (Patrick McKeller) all got hurt.  We lost the next game in double or triple OT by 2 points, and the game after that to then 3A powerhouse Barber's Hill by 2 points on a PAT that they botched, recovered and ended up running in for a conversion.  We then went to the 1st round of the playoffs (still without Riley and Leday, and with a still-injured McKeller playing) and lost by about 3 TDs to Bridge City.  That team was stacked.  We had 3 or 4 all-state players on that team (how often can you say that for an HJ team?), our defense was stiff, our offense loaded, and our special teams was very good for a 3A school.  If everyone stays healthy, i think we had a reasonable shot at making a very deep playoff run, maybe even to state.
[/quote]
Dang. I definitely give this team the most underachieved team i've seen. That really sux.

[quote name="bullets13" post="1142251" timestamp="1323373482"]
[/quote]
I wouldn't call that underachieving. Just a bad break to have so many key players injured that late in the season.JMO

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder