Lamar beats Nicholls to snap losing streak

Did LU lose 5 games in a row???  Yes, but you cannot say that Woodard should be fired.  They lost those 5 games to the teams that occupy the #1-#5 spots in conference.  Also took the #2 seed C. Arkansas down to the wire, and had their chances to win that game.  Were they blown out a couple of games?  Yes, but who did not expect that coming into their 1st year in conference in over 20 years.

Will LU make some changes in the off season??  If sure they will.  Will they be major ones?  Not likely. 

I have all the confidence in the world in Coach Woodard and his staff.  I am looking forward to kicking McNeese's butt on Saturday!!!

I am not really a nay-sayer but a frustrated fan  (JUST GLAD THEY PLAYED WITH HEART AND DID NOT QUIT). I think we should give Woodard more time but I would really still say that replacing TW and getting a full time defensive cordinator w/ d1 experience will help this team....

Defense still had plenty of holes but they forced turnovers! That's the main key. We didn't turn it over much and they did. The other key was special teams. We still missed a kick but blocked a punt for a TD and returned a kick for a TD. Doing the little things right leading to victory! Finally, Bevil came in and really sparked the offense. He deserves a lot of credit for that.

[quote name="LUFAN" post="1117746" timestamp="1321289005"]
I am not really a nay-sayer but a frustrated fan  (JUST GLAD THEY PLAYED WITH HEART AND DID NOT QUIT). I think we should give Woodard more time but I would really still say that replacing TW and getting a full time defensive cordinator w/ d1 experience will help this team....
[/quote]

agree..we gave up almost 500 yds

one of my  favorite plays ----that lil quickie to sparks slanting  across the middle..dont know if i've seen that all year

wished we'd a kicked a field goal last time we had the ball...ended any chance of last second heroics by nichols.

Beat McNeese!

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1117700" timestamp="1321286878"]
Nay-sayers kinda silent right now
[/quote]

We are awesome.  The coaches are great.  Bevil, Jackson, Hayes, Venson, the Chavis brothers, our offensive line; heck, all the players were great.

And, to all you potential recruits that are out there reading this board to try and decide whether or not to come here, we love you and will never say a negative word about you!!! 

GO BIG RED!!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder