Junior Superbowl and PNG W #28

The Junior Superbowl was a thriller. Congrats to WOS and hold your heads up PNG W. You guys did an amazing job this season, just keep working for next year.
Now to #28, that kid is HEAD, SHOULDERS, AND HIPS above everyone in this league and he proved it again today. He pulled that team nearly single handedly into contention. I have never seen that on this level before. I believe most would agree that this PNG W team is much easier to handle without him there.
If he had ANY SORT of COMPLIMENTS OR HElP, WOS would have lost this game. WOS has multiple talented guys at multiple positions and it played to there advantage today. People we may well be looking at the next SETX pro player in the making. Enjoy it!!!

[quote name="icancyourmind" post="1115458" timestamp="1321142817"]
The Junior Superbowl was a thriller. Congrats to WOS and hold your heads up PNG W. You guys did an amazing job this season, just keep working for next year.
Now to #28, that kid is HEAD, SHOULDERS, AND HIPS above everyone in this league and he proved it again today. He pulled that team nearly single handedly into contention. I have never seen that on this level before. I believe most would agree that this PNG W team is much easier to handle without him there.
If he had ANY SORT of COMPLIMENTS OR HElP, WOS would have lost this game. WOS has multiple talented guys at multiple positions and it played to there advantage today. People we may well be looking at the next SETX pro player in the making. Enjoy it!!!
[/quote]

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!  Unbelievable!!!!!!

You spit in the entire teams face of PNG-W, coaches and and players.

I didn't see #28 snap the ball to himself, didn't hand the ball to himself, pass the ball to himself. It's a team sport.

Hey Dad, if you want to claim your son single hand won a sport, put him in golf or track or singles tennis.... That way its all him and you can say wish the "Team" would have won.

This is not the first thread I've read about this kid single handedly wins a game. I've never read anyone other post about WOS #4 bragging about him winning the game or about #9 and #25 of PA or 78 for LC.

So if you say that he's the team, then he a lone is to blame for PNG losing the Superbowl.

There is NO "I" in Team.

Football is a team sport. No one individual can be responsible for a team's success, I don't care how good he is. Not taking anything from #28, bcuz he is absolutely phenomenal, but he's not the best to play at this level. As the Asst Head Coach of the WOS Jr team, I can say that I've seen my fair share of awesome athletes play in the STJFL. And as good as #28 is, every yard he got yesterday, somebody blocked for him; every tackle he got in on, someone else helped him. Truth be told, it got to a point to where everyone else had to tackle bcuz he shyed away from the contact. To say that PNG White wouldn't be where they were bcuz of one kid is ludicrous!! Somebody had to coach them to get them to that point, and other kids had to block, help tackle, etc to help that team be successful. And in my honest opinion, as a coach from another organization, #28 doesn't need anybody to hype him up or brag on how good he is. His play speaks for itsself...

And here's another aspect to having a player "Head Shoulders and Hips" above everyone else. If #28 for PNG or #10 was my son, I would be furious that the coach would work him
Like a government mule and not if but when he gets hurt, you toss him to the curb like an old pair of shoes.

I see this all the time in baseball, the same "Dominate" pitcher pitching every game 100 pitches for 6 months a year and at 17 yrs old needing "Tommy" sueguery.

All for what..... For the coach to get his "Tropy" that will sit on his mantel and collect dust while a kids body is ruined for thr rest of his life.

[quote name="icancyourmind" post="1115458" timestamp="1321142817"]
[/quote]
I do not have a child in the Junior division but I really have to comment on your post.  ONE player cannot win a game alone.  It starts with the coaches number one teaching everyone what to do and what not to do.  If the snap from the center is off, the qb cannot catch it properly so therefore cannot throw it accurately to the receiver.  If the line fails to protect the qb, then all is for nothing.  So if your ONE player can do all that by himself, then you can come on here and say that he won the game single handedly. If not, then I would suggest you just get on here and say GOOD JOB TO THE (Name) TEAM FOR A JOB WELL DONE!

Thank you.

[quote name="Bobcat101" post="1117587" timestamp="1321278440"]
And here's another aspect to having a player "Head Shoulders and Hips" above everyone else. If #28 for PNG or #10 was my son, I would be furious that the coach would work him
Like a government mule and not if but when he gets hurt, you toss him to the curb like an old pair of shoes.

I see this all the time in baseball, the same "Dominate" pitcher pitching every game 100 pitches for 6 months a year and at 17 yrs old needing "Tommy" sueguery.

All for what..... For the coach to get his "Tropy" that will sit on his mantel and collect dust while a kids body is ruined for thr rest of his life.
[/quote]

Thats a VERY general comment and most of it is simply not true......the coaches that do what you mentioned are very few, and please do not use such a wide brush to paint all of us coaches the same. There are also BAD parents, but very few, and I don't see coaches using a wide brush to label all parents bad......

I won't even respond to "icancyourmind" as it does not deserve a response

[quote name="thetragichippy" post="1117670" timestamp="1321284601"]
[quote author=Bobcat101 link=topic=91461.msg1117587#msg1117587 date=1321278440]

[/quote]

Thats a VERY general comment and most of it is simply not true......the coaches that do what you mentioned are very few, and please do not use such a wide brush to paint all of us coaches the same. There are also BAD parents, but very few, and I don't see coaches using a wide brush to label all parents bad......

[/quote]

I just have one question for you to answer.

Why did #28 from PNG-W and #10 (the 7 or 6 yr old "Monster") from Nederland carry the ball 9 out of ten times and never very came off the field. His actions are louder than your words.

Where as the actual Superbowl winners had a more balance "Team" approach..... 

BTW. I'm a coach and a parent of many sports.

[quote name="Bobcat101" post="1117691" timestamp="1321286625"]
[quote author=thetragichippy link=topic=91461.msg1117670#msg1117670 date=1321284601]
[quote author=Bobcat101 link=topic=91461.msg1117587#msg1117587 date=1321278440]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I just have one question for you to answer.

Why did #28 from PNG-W and #10 (the 7 or 6 yr old "Monster") from Nederland carry the ball 9 out of ten times and never very came off the field. His actions are louder than your words.

Where as the actual Superbowl winners had a more balance "Team" approach..... 

BTW. I'm a coach and a parent of many sports.
[/quote]

I cannot answer, as I did not see the game, and the ones I did see I didnt talley number of plays per player. 

and as for the actual superbowl winner, WOS.....I have seen them (as well as most teams) utilize their talents....and I see nothing wrong with that. I remember #4 from Jr. last year......STRONG player, and ran the ball A LOT. 

My Son plays both ways, and usually only was out 1 or 2 plays per quarter....if that.....again, I see no problem with that.

One question for you coach, do you make sure all of your players get the exact number of plays per game?