VIDOR vs. CROSBY BROADCAST/VIDOR WINS 42-20!

WOSgrad

[quote name="Mark F Barnes" post="1112566" timestamp="1321026692"]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=91245.msg1112158#msg1112158 date=1320986155]
Um Crosby has more speed than Montgomery. Um, Crosby just got smoked like a BBQ contest in Lockhart. Lol. No Dobbins, no heir apparent, Vidor will win.
[/quote]

JIMMY DOMINICK (7.9 yds/car), DEDRICK LINTON (8.7 yds/car), your right no Dobbins on the roster. Just an offense that's generating 475 yds/game avg. And a DEFENSE that's only giving up 116 yds/game avg.  If you think you are gonna rush for 310 yds against da' Bears, cherish that thought, and good luck with it. Brenham had the best rushing game against da' Bears, and it was for 186 yards. Better learn to pass, oh yeah and if you do, da'Bears have a REGION leading DEFENSE with 18 INT's (three-way tie with Hubbard and Clear Springs). That DEFENSE is averaging 5 sacks/game and 9.5 hurries/knockdowns per game.

So bring your lunch boxes boys, it's going to be a chore......

Oh yeah "Montgomery Who?"....... You know soon enough......
[/quote]

I'm pulling for y'all but your stats are wrong.  Y'all are average 428.4ypg & y'all give up 216.3ypg. (Best offense in 17-4A & 2nd best defense) Still very impressive #'s, just not as crazy as what you listed.  Let's sweep this round, and then the region!  Go Bears!

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="1112743" timestamp="1321035408"]
[quote author=Mark F Barnes link=topic=91245.msg1112566#msg1112566 date=1321026692]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=91245.msg1112158#msg1112158 date=1320986155]
Um Crosby has more speed than Montgomery. Um, Crosby just got smoked like a BBQ contest in Lockhart. Lol. No Dobbins, no heir apparent, Vidor will win.
[/quote]

JIMMY DOMINICK (7.9 yds/car), DEDRICK LINTON (8.7 yds/car), your right no Dobbins on the roster. Just an offense that's generating 475 yds/game avg. And a DEFENSE that's only giving up 116 yds/game avg.  If you think you are gonna rush for 310 yds against da' Bears, cherish that thought, and good luck with it. Brenham had the best rushing game against da' Bears, and it was for 186 yards. Better learn to pass, oh yeah and if you do, da'Bears have a REGION leading DEFENSE with 18 INT's (three-way tie with Hubbard and Clear Springs). That DEFENSE is averaging 5 sacks/game and 9.5 hurries/knockdowns per game.

[/quote]

I'm pulling for y'all but your stats are wrong.  Y'all are average 428.4ypg & y'all give up 216.3ypg. (Best offense in 17-4A & 2nd best defense) Still very impressive #'s, just not as crazy as what you listed.  Let's sweep this round, and then the region!  Go Bears!
[/quote]

Our total yards this year was 4288, I must have brain farted the math in my head (428.8 YPG), and that 116 YPG average was strictly running yardage allowed by the Defense which was 1168 yards total. Defense has only given up 999 yards total passing all season, and if you ad in the 198 yards in returned INT's the net is 801 yards total. So you are correct in saying we give up a total of 216.3 YPG avg. But less than 100 of those yards is passing.

Either way, no one is looking passed Huntsville, Vidor just seemed to be calling us out a little early.......

[quote name="Mark F Barnes" post="1112803" timestamp="1321038151"]
[quote author=BrenhamFan link=topic=91245.msg1112743#msg1112743 date=1321035408]
[quote author=Mark F Barnes link=topic=91245.msg1112566#msg1112566 date=1321026692]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Our total yards this year was 4288, I must have brain farted the math in my head (428.8 YPG), and that 116 YPG average was strictly running yardage allowed by the Defense which was 1168 yards total. Defense has only given up 999 yards total passing all season, and if you ad in the 198 yards in returned INT's the net is 801 yards total. So you are correct in saying we give up a total of 216.3 YPG avg. But less than 100 of those yards is passing.

Either way, no one is looking passed Huntsville, Vidor just seemed to be calling us out a little early.......
[/quote]He is not from Vidor..He is actually a Memorial Titan fan supporting a local team and we thank him for it. I do not believe anyone from Vidor is calling Mont. out.We know we have an uphill battle but,its one that we welcome. ;)

Great job Pirates. I'm sad to say it was the first game this season for me to attend, but what a game it was. Hard hitting, in your face Pirate football. Brings back the should've would've could've back in 1984 but whose looking backward. Can't wait till the next game.

Guest Cap Rock Brewing Co.
Congrats to Vidor. Good game played by a team that executed well and beat us with a lot of heart and determination. Vidor wanted it more.

Good luck the rest of the way.

I am disappointed that Crosby averaged 9 yards a carry but turnovers will kill you everytime. And we couldn't stop Vidor although, I don't know if they got more than 10 yards in a single carry all night - just kept grinding away at 3, 4, and 5 yards a pop. 

Either way, Vidor poses a tough matchup because they execute well (especially the o-line) and their defense tackles well.

Hopefully the Cougars will make this a lesson learned. I saw no quit in the twins - they played hard all night.

[quote name="Cap Rock Brewing Co." post="1116214" timestamp="1321157229"]
Congrats to Vidor. Good game played by a team that executed well and beat us with a lot of heart and determination. Vidor wanted it more.

I am disappointed that Crosby averaged 9 yards a carry but turnovers will kill you everytime. And we couldn't stop Vidor although, I don't know if they got more than 10 yards in a single carry all night - just kept grinding away at 3, 4, and 5 yards a pop. 

Either way, Vidor poses a tough matchup because they execute well (especially the o-line) and their defense tackles well.

Hopefully the Cougars will make this a lesson learned. I saw no quit in the twins - they played hard all night.
[/quote]

+ for you.... very well said.... crow ate well.... comendable... and yes them Twins are freaking BEAST!!! especially to be Sophs.... they will be a handful for a couple of years in 19-4A.... good luck next year and congrats on your season....

[quote name="Cap Rock Brewing Co." post="1116214" timestamp="1321157229"]

[/quote]Those two are very talented...Gonna be fun to watch....I was shocked Crosby stayed in a 3 man front all night on defense...That pretty much assured our offense of 3 or 4 yards every snap

Guest Cap Rock Brewing Co.
Go get Montgomery. Vidor played hard and with lots of class. Quirante is one heck of a leader. I don't see how he doesn't get worn out. The o-line for Vidor was impressive. #2 Bolinger was a little out of sync and it seemed like he was taking off 1/2 step to early a few times. #8 at CB made some great tackles, and #16 another secondary kid was impressive. They tackle well out in space.

I think it's safe to say that the twins weren't overhyped too much. Those two 15 yr olds are about as good as I've ever seen. They made some highlight runs. Crosby will be back.

[quote name="Cap Rock Brewing Co." post="1116252" timestamp="1321158160"]
Go get Montgomery. Vidor played hard and with lots of class. Quirante is one heck of a leader. I don't see how he doesn't get worn out. The o-line for Vidor was impressive. #2 Bolinger was a little out of sync and it seemed like he was taking off 1/2 step to early a few times. #8 at CB made some great tackles, and #16 another secondary kid was impressive. They tackle well out in space.

I think it's safe to say that the twins weren't overhyped too much. Those two 15 yr olds are about as good as I've ever seen. They made some highlight runs. Crosby will be back.
[/quote]16 is a great kid and the only senior on the defense...Personally I think the secondary is what won the game for us..They took great angles on the twins when they were out in space and tackled pretty well when they got to them..Our secondary is alot faster than people think and our O-line while undersized will flat out get after you.

[quote name="vp32" post="1116398" timestamp="1321161755"]
[quote author=pirate68 link=topic=91245.msg1116387#msg1116387 date=1321161325]
[quote author=vp32 link=topic=91245.msg1116291#msg1116291 date=1321159040]
#16 is the second fastest guy on the team. second only to #2 our runningback
[/quote] ::) ::) ::)
[/quote]
btw thats coming from the mouth of 16 himself  ::)  8)
[/quote]My point was #2 is a very good player and his play on the field speaks for itself....He does not need you on here reminding everyone how good he is all the time..You did notice I gave the whole secondary props...Its a team sport my friend.

[quote name="pirate68" post="1116409" timestamp="1321162249"]
[quote author=vp32 link=topic=91245.msg1116398#msg1116398 date=1321161755]
[size=12pt][b]#16 is the second fastest guy on the team[/b][/size]. second only to #2 our runningback
[/quote]
[/quote]My point was #2 is a very good player and his play on the field speaks for itself....He does not need you on here reminding everyone how good he is all the time..You did notice I gave the whole secondary props...Its a team sport my friend.
[/quote]
Look what my post started with. Calm down there buddy. I wasn't saying that #16 or #2 do it all by there selves.

[quote name="vp32" post="1116413" timestamp="1321162571"]
[quote author=pirate68 link=topic=91245.msg1116409#msg1116409 date=1321162249]
[quote author=vp32 link=topic=91245.msg1116398#msg1116398 date=1321161755]
[size=12pt][b]#16 is the second fastest guy on the team[/b][/size]. second only to #2 our runningback
[/quote]
[/quote]
Look what my post started with. Calm down there buddy. I wasn't saying that #16 or #2 do it all by there selves.
[/quote]No where in these 40 pages did anyone ask who the fastest player on our team was.....I geuss you thought you should just throw that out there huh?

ok first off he was stating a fact. do you know what a fact is??? most of you only get on here to bash people when you have no reason too. #16 is the second fastest person on the team it is proved every year in track and football. so before you all start jumping to conclusions why dont you read what he actually wrote instead of bashing him for stating a fact. i dont care if anyone on this board likes me or not. you can say what you want to that im a stupid girl who knows nothing but if that makes you sleep better at night then go ahead. and you are right the team won the game together.

[quote name="Blackrose#2" post="1116443" timestamp="1321163661"]
ok first off he was stating a fact. do you know what a fact is??? most of you only get on here to bash people when you have no reason too. #16 is the second fastest person on the team it is proved every year in track and football. so before you all start jumping to conclusions why dont you read what he actually wrote instead of bashing him for stating a fact. i dont care if anyone on this board likes me or not. you can say what you want to that im a stupid girl who knows nothing but if that makes you sleep better at night then go ahead. and you are right the team won the game together.
[/quote]

First of all,  Bolinger-VP32  does not say much of anything from fact on these boards.  Much less does he "talk" to 16 Powell beause he thinks he is an idiot also.  They have never ran against each other in track because they run different events.  NOT this year.  When you want to talk about BASHING, that is all Mr. nocents knows how to do when someone elses name is brought up on the team.  Why even bring up who is faster, is my point.  I have warned you since the start of the season boy to leave Austins name out of your retarded posts.  You can change your screen name all day but you cant hide.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder