Warren vs. Evadale Game Thread/Evadale wins!

WOSgrad

Evadale JV 52  Warren JV 16

Evadale:Oldbury 11,Connor 8,Stanton 8,Beard 6,Williams 5,Bertrand 4,Richardson 4,Christian 4,Thompson 2

Warren:Applewhite 12,DeRouen 2,Euwings 1,Miller 1

Varsity
Evadale 51  Warren 12

Evadale:Herrington 15,Jackson 13,Porter 7, Seago 6,Langston 6,Rawls 2,Burnett 2

Warren:Johnson 7,Conner 3,Ford 2

Next Game: Evadale JV vs Newton JV @ Warren JV Tournament 9am 11/10

Next Game: Evadale vs Buna @ Warren Tournament 12:30pm 11/10

Were did you get that I was talking against anyone. I said that if she scored 20 points that would be points that someone else would not. They scored 50 last night, do you think that they would have scored 70 with her on the floor.. I know the coach there very well and he would not showup anyone by scoring that many.. She will be a good part of that team and she is a good kid. I have coached her. I am just saying that the points will be spread out.. Like I said there are only so many trips up the floor, and only one ball to go around.

[quote name="basketball25" post="1110270" timestamp="1320884732"]
I coached her too, and she will be the best player in that district I can promise you that!!!
[/quote]I am not doubting that.. Now that the Franklin Girl has left Evadale and is playing in Buna..But its hard to compare the two, one is a postup player and the other a  scoring guard.

[quote name="True Blue" post="1110239" timestamp="1320883372"]
Were did you get that I was talking against anyone. I said that if she scored 20 points that would be points that someone else would not. They scored 50 last night, do you think that they would have scored 70 with her on the floor.. [b]I know the coach there very well and he would not showup anyone by scoring that many.. [/b] She will be a good part of that team and she is a good kid. I have coached her. I am just saying that the points will be spread out.. Like I said there are only so many trips up the floor, and only one ball to go around.
[/quote]

I think there are a few people that would disagree with you on that one!  ;)

[quote name="True Blue" post="1110317" timestamp="1320887586"]
[quote author=basketball25 link=topic=91160.msg1110270#msg1110270 date=1320884732]
I coached her too, and she will be the best player in that district I can promise you that!!!
[/quote]I am not doubting that.. Now that the Franklin Girl has left Evadale and is playing in Buna..But its hard to compare the two, one is a postup player and the other a  scoring guard.
[/quote]there is no doubt she is the best in the dist, but at the same time thats not saying much with that dist. and the franklin girl and the moss girl are no where close to the same players, and im going to leave it at that... to bad the moss girl aint playing 2mara that would be able to show who is the better player, and for this years team being the best in a while, thats far from it, last years team was better than this years and than 5 years ago with, griffen, dunigan, moss, and nance was a really good team, and 3 years b4 that was the best girls team ever, wilkins was the best player to ever come out of evadale

Waterboy...we all know who you are and of course you are gonna try and make your girl seem 10 times better than mine and that's ok! Mine has no desire to prove herself to you or anyone else for that matter! Your people seem to be the ones always downing her and saying she is not all that...and that's ok too! We don't feel the need to drag others down to make Marley look good! It is too bad about this tournament, but our prayer is that she can play this year....not to prove anything to you, but because she just simply loves the game! I think yours is an awesome player and I look forward to watching her this year. If you wanted me to come on here and drag people down to make mine look good, you are mistaken! We don't play that way, sorry  ;)

[quote name="TAMU" post="1110414" timestamp="1320895327"]
[quote author=True Blue link=topic=91160.msg1110239#msg1110239 date=1320883372]
Were did you get that I was talking against anyone. I said that if she scored 20 points that would be points that someone else would not. They scored 50 last night, do you think that they would have scored 70 with her on the floor.. [b]I know the coach there very well and he would not showup anyone by scoring that many.. [/b] She will be a good part of that team and she is a good kid. I have coached her. I am just saying that the points will be spread out.. Like I said there are only so many trips up the floor, and only one ball to go around.
[/quote]

I think there are a few people that would disagree with you on that one!  ;)
[/quote] I have watched him coach for over 15 yr, and I have never seen him leave his starting 5 on the floor just to run up a score.. And In yrs past it has hurt them in the playoffs, when the starting five had to play the entire game , after blowing out every team in dist. and having to set most of the second halfs. Now If the second string was scoring , the other team need to stop that ,not him. As long as he pull out of the press, if the other team cant score or stop the second string for scoring, maybe they should have stayed home ;D

[quote name="HOSSFAN" post="1110572" timestamp="1320929802"]
Waterboy...we all know who you are and of course you are gonna try and make your girl seem 10 times better than mine and that's ok! Mine has no desire to prove herself to you or anyone else for that matter! Your people seem to be the ones always downing her and saying she is not all that...and that's ok too! We don't feel the need to drag others down to make Marley look good! It is too bad about this tournament, but our prayer is that she can play this year....not to prove anything to you, but because she just simply loves the game! I think yours is an awesome player and I look forward to watching her this year. If you wanted me to come on here and drag people down to make mine look good, you are mistaken! We don't play that way, sorry  ;)
[/quote] wait there wait there im not saying anyone is better all i said was that its not hard to be the best player in that dist. that does not mean im saying she aint good im just say the dist is weak and always has been, and i said that they were no were close to the same players because they are not they both play diffrent types of ball, again im not saying anyone is better, now i did say last years team was better because yes they had her but also had a real good group of Sr. too  ;D

[quote name="basketball25" post="1110989" timestamp="1320948852"]
waterboy, she was the top 3 best players in last yrs district with ec,hardin, and buna!!! the girl average 21 ppg and 15 reb ppg
[/quote]see now this is the same thing with the boy from Deweyville last year, its not hard to put up a ton of points on a team that your all they have, not saying there not good just saying when the rest of the team is just trying to get you the ball because your all they have than you should be putting numbers up like that. now what was they record in dist?

Guest baseball25
deweyville was 17-11 last yr, 5-7 in district, lost to ec by 11 one game and lost to buna by 2 points at buna, Deweyville was very competitive last yr!!! they also beat a pretty descent BC team last yr and lost to woodville by 3 points in the championship game of woodville tourney.

[quote name="basketball25" post="1111012" timestamp="1320950440"]
deweyville was 17-11 last yr, 5-7 in district, lost to ec by 11 one game and lost to buna by 2 points at buna, Deweyville was very competitive last yr!!! they also beat a pretty descent BC team last yr and lost to woodville by 3 points in the championship game of woodville tourney.
[/quote]my point though they were a non-playoff team under .500 and she was all they had

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder