Central players say 2-8 season not coaches fault

I cannot believe I've just read what I've read.  WOW!!  We were subpar before Mitchell went down.  Mojica was a starter on the O-line and is a great kid, but in all reality, our blocking scheme wasn't good at all this year.  Heck, it wasn't even good last year when we won district.  You didn't see it last year because we had a playmaker at runningback.  I cannot believe that they STILL are deverting the blame from them.  Sounds like someone is trying to pull out every stop in the book to remain after this horrible season.

Penalties?  Come on!  Now, I will say one thing that the kids didn't do well they they had control over was catching the ball.  Other than that, the staff is to be blamed.  I remember last year in the playoffs we were beating Humble 14-0 early and was driving for a 3rd TD.  we went away from what worked (running with heard) and went to a weak play calling.  Humble then went on to score 24 unanswered points.  They then went in the newspapers and quoted 'we were OUTMANNED'.  Are you serious?  That must have been a typo.  He meant 'OUTCOACHED'.  I'm sorry to put it out there like that, but they have their nerve even saying this to the media and the fans of Central football.

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1109166" timestamp="1320782654"]
Penalties?  Come on!  Now, I will say one thing that the kids didn't do well they they had control over was catching the ball.  Other than that, the staff is to be blamed.  I remember last year in the playoffs we were beating Humble 14-0 early and was driving for a 3rd TD.  we went away from what worked (running with heard) and went to a weak play calling.  Humble then went on to score 24 unanswered points.  They then went in the newspapers and quoted 'we were OUTMANNED'.  Are you serious?  That must have been a typo.  He meant 'OUTCOACHED'.  I'm sorry to put it out there like that, but they have their nerve even saying this to the media and the fans of Central football.
[/quote]

Wow I have much respect for Coach Wash but This kids are only in Highschool, I dont think you can really put any of the blame on them. Theirs enough blame to go around, Honestly the team was just young this year and had alot of inexperience at Key positions..

Also, i AGREE WITH SOULJA!!!! that Comment I read in the paper last year "We were simply outmaned" Almost made me Blow up..If you were at the game, Honestly Humble shouldnt have even been on the field with that team we had last year, we should have took them out early...Theirs no way you can say their players were better than ours..
In matter of fact it seemed like he blame  the players for that lost to..
But hey thats spiled milk now..I just feel this players are only in HS not the NFL, you cant place all the blame on them if any

I have to say that numbers 99 and 98 were freaking strong and fast. Emmaunual was awesome against us. That team had talent. If the players are jacking around and not playing hard, well it is the coaching staffs responsibilty to get them going. It can be done. Look at Neumann. Too many times you thought .....that guys lost alot of great players to only come back the next year and make playoffs again. Props for kids sticking up for their coaches, but responsibilty goes somewhere....I don't know soulja, was there discipline beyond control?

Yes responsibility has to go somewhere.  I think it is both really.

It is easy to point at coaches but Central had 23 fumbles and lost 15.  I don't think you can find any films that showed coaches puting it on the turf that many times.  It is tough to win when you have turnovers. Also when you lose some big games, heads go down. and stay down.  A coach can use negitive or positive reinforcement but sometimes kids just don't respond.

Still you have to question the coaches.  What were they doing?  How do you go from the top to almost last in one year WITH THE SAME COACHES.. I do think it is a shame that the coaches have not come out publicly and defended there kids..  A coach can not let his kids take the blame..
I think the coaches will work the kids hard in the offseason and Central will be back on top of 20 4A.

The great part about all of this is from the kids... there is no fingerpointing except on themselves.  They could jump on the bandwagon like lots of parents and fans and point at the coach.. We as a society love to point the finger somewhere else... It CANT BE MY FAULT!!
It shows class from the kids.  And I respect them..There are to many districts that win and they want to push the coach out even when they are making playoffs every year... It is a shame......

[quote name="FrodoNDN" post="1109242" timestamp="1320785500"]
I have to say that numbers 99 and 98 were freaking strong and fast. Emmaunual was awesome against us. That team had talent. If the players are jacking around and not playing hard, well it is the coaching staffs responsibilty to get them going. It can be done. Look at Neumann. Too many times you thought .....that guys lost alot of great players to only come back the next year and make playoffs again. Props for kids sticking up for their coaches, but responsibilty goes somewhere....I don't know soulja, was there discipline beyond control?
[/quote]I know there was talent there.  There was young talent as well.  There was fast players.  There was big players.  I'm talking about this 2011 Central team.  What we DIDN'T have was great preparation and game managment.  We go into the bye week and come out with absolutly no improvement/wrinkles.  We come out with the same thing that gave us a loss against West Brook and got us embarrased for a second straight year to PA Memorial.  Then, when Mitchell went out and Bramble came in, I personally felt like we would use that as an excuse for failar.  Also, If it was the kids, how come we stinked it up on both sides of the ball?  Our defense wasn't gett nor was our offense.  There have been multiple games where we couldn't even muster over 100 yards of offense on teams who have been giving up yards all year but mysteriously, they find a way to shut us down and move the ball up and down the field on us. 

[quote name="hitman009" post="1109294" timestamp="1320787604"]
Yes responsibility has to go somewhere.  I think it is both really.

It is easy to point at coaches but Central had 23 fumbles and lost 15.  I don't think you can find any films that showed coaches puting it on the turf that many times.  It is tough to win when you have turnovers. Also when you lose some big games, heads go down. and stay down.  A coach can use negitive or positive reinforcement but sometimes kids just don't respond.

Still you have to question the coaches.  What were they doing?  How do you go from the top to almost last in one year WITH THE SAME COACHES.. I do think it is a shame that the coaches have not come out publicly and defended there kids..  A coach can not let his kids take the blame..
I think the coaches will work the kids hard in the offseason and Central will be back on top of 20 4A.

The great part about all of this is from the kids... there is no fingerpointing except on themselves.  They could jump on the bandwagon like lots of parents and fans and point at the coach.. We as a society love to point the finger somewhere else... It CANT BE MY FAULT!!
It shows class from the kids.  And I respect them..There are to many districts that win and they want to push the coach out even when they are making playoffs every year... It is a shame......
[/quote]I've followed Central football al of my adult life and 4 years of my youth.  I know central football.  This wasn't it.  We even play Central football when we have losing seasons.  I have never blamed the coach in any instance.  But If you would have came out and see this program at the begining of last year up untill now and have seen what me and the other die hard Central fans have seen, they you too would agree with what I'm saying.  It was one of the more painful things to watch.  I'm not questioning your knowlege, but I am going to question weather or not you've seen at least 3 Central games this year. 

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1109337" timestamp="1320790129"]
[quote author=bigdog link=topic=91150.msg1109177#msg1109177 date=1320782970]
easy there Soulja, your going to blow a gasket! :)
[/quote] ;D
[/quote] They blamed it on no spring practice, then they blamed it on the football boys are not used to playing in front of a big crowd, they say the boys didnt listen to the coaches, they talked back! but nobody never blamed it on the sorry oc calling! they played 5 minutes with 10 men on the field and the coaches didnt noticed that! wow, give me a break.!

[quote name="zeroturn" post="1109515" timestamp="1320801301"]
Imo should have stayed with Stowers
[/quote]

I don't believe that the Jags had that option with Donald Stowers. He was a coach headed for greener pastures. I have to agree with SoulJa and the rest; full responsibility for Central's season falls squarely on the coaches' shoulders. Every team has injuries, adversity, etc. but it's up to the coaching staff to motivate the players and overcome. Central has plenty of talent to be in the playoffs every year; I'm not buying any of it being the players' fault.

I'm not going to even read this.  Central's problem is this and it's been this way since they dropped to 4A......

They get away from their identity of hitting folks in the mouth and running the football.  I argue with my North/Southend bretheren all the time every time a kid with an arm comes through, they go from a run base offense to some form of the spread and the Oline has never been good at blocking it.  So you gonna tell me Central can make playoff runs with a midget QB and running the spread option w/o pitching the ball but they're better at passing???  I say nope.  Get rid of Wash and the OC and get back to smashmouth football on both sides of the line...

[quote name="SFA85" post="1110311" timestamp="1320887238"]
I'm not going to even read this.  Central's problem is this and it's been this way since they dropped to 4A......

They get away from their identity of hitting folks in the mouth and running the football.  I argue with my North/Southend bretheren all the time every time a kid with an arm comes through, they go from a run base offense to some form of the spread and the Oline has never been good at blocking it.  So you gonna tell me Central can make playoff runs with a [b]midget QB [/b] and running the spread option w/o pitching the ball but they're better at passing???  I say nope.  Get rid of Wash and the OC and get back to smashmouth football on both sides of the line...
[/quote]Matherson 3 year starter QB 2002 - 2004 football team.

[quote name="SFA85" post="1110311" timestamp="1320887238"]

They get away from their identity of hitting folks in the mouth and running the football.  I argue with my North/Southend bretheren all the time every time a kid with an arm comes through, they go from a run base offense to some form of the spread and the Oline has never been good at blocking it.  So you gonna tell me Central can make playoff runs with a midget QB and running the spread option w/o pitching the ball but they're better at passing???  I say nope.  Get rid of Wash and the OC and get back to smashmouth football on both sides of the line...
[/quote]

SFA,  I know you have been saying this about several teams for years,  and I will say that you are starting to make a believer out of me.  Ned's offense is much more effective since they dropped the spread for the most part this year.  Maybe they don't score as fast, but they control the clock and wear out the opposing D.  I think this is also part of the reason our D has improved,  they are not on the field as much.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder