that was...... alsmost comical

[quote name="LAZEEK" post="1106613" timestamp="1320551556"]
[quote author=cardinal link=topic=91044.msg1106608#msg1106608 date=1320551484]
[quote author=LAZEEK link=topic=91044.msg1106585#msg1106585 date=1320550909]
Yep.  I was there. Standing on the sidelines!!!!
[/quote]

Excellent.  Perhaps you are one of the coaches.  Do us a favor and find a new profession.
[/quote]

It is fair weather fans like you cardinal why LU lost it's program in 89!!!!!  Give them a chance!!!  [/quote]

Wrong again!!!  I am no fair weather fan!  I went to all the home games and a couple of road games back in 89.  And I am a season ticket holder this year abd will continue to be as long as we have a football team.
[/quote]

[quote name="puddin tane" post="1106542" timestamp="1320548614"]
passed disgust, entered comical early

[u]one positive--Ray ray benched players[/u].  Talking with a player's parent..said jj hayes and the other wr were benched for attitude problems..said team had NO discipline, no respect, showing up late , etc...inmates running the asylum

this offensive line? non existent...kudos to prewitt/harmon/vinson for making it out alive--prewitt took an absolute beating ...dont know how he kept getting up

our defense? well, there is none  [/quote] This shouldn't be surprising at all.  Look at te large number of cashiers he has been recruiting.  Many of these guys are obviously low character guys.  We need to focus more on character and attitude and less on the quality of the team they are leaving.

And good game @ wr for Kevin Smith..good things come when you bust your arse..2 shoulder surgies, qb career over..kept that chin up and bingo--TD reception

time to dump players and coaches...starting with the def coordinator and dim whitten

after this, i'm not so sure the big wigs are gonna be to patient with ray ray either
[/quote]

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="cardinal" post="1106726" timestamp="1320562299"]
[quote author=puddin tane link=topic=91044.msg1106542#msg1106542 date=1320548614]
passed disgust, entered comical early

[u]one positive--Ray ray benched players[/u].  Talking with a player's parent..said jj hayes and the other wr were benched for attitude problems..said team had NO discipline, no respect, showing up late , etc...inmates running the asylum

this offensive line? non existent...kudos to prewitt/harmon/vinson for making it out alive--prewitt took an absolute beating ...dont know how he kept getting up

our defense? well, there is none  [/quote] This shouldn't be surprising at all.  Look at te large number of cashiers he has been recruiting.  Many of these guys are obviously low character guys.  We need to focus more on character and attitude and less on the quality of the team they are leaving.

And good game @ wr for Kevin Smith..good things come when you bust your arse..2 shoulder surgies, qb career over..kept that chin up and bingo--TD reception

time to dump players and coaches...starting with the def coordinator and dim whitten

after this, i'm not so sure the big wigs are gonna be to patient with ray ray either
[/quote]
[/quote]

You could be on to something - there's a lot of wind in "That there big bag."

I would say that Woodard is in a simalar position as Roc the year before last.  If he did bench some players for attitude issues good for him but it is probably late.  It is his responsibility to assess and replace coaches.  Personally I am not impressed with the OC.  After the first three plays I wondered what he was thinking?  I guess it was a qb read, pass and qb read but if I have two qbs injured I don't want my qb getting hit two out of the first three plays.  Either way it says we have no confidence in our young running backs.  Find someone else.

I don't know if Prewitt should have been the starter all year or if he is better or worse than Bevil or Johnson, but I give him an A for attitude and heart.  There were several hits that he took which I was supprised that he stayed in the game after.  The other player I saw that didn't want to come out of the game was Garrett on defense.  Yes he did have to come out twice but managed to get the coaches to let him go back in after getting retaped or whatever.

[quote name="LAZEEK" post="1106606" timestamp="1320551425"]
Not related to anyone.

Some guys on here act as if the LU Football program has been around for years.  How do you expect great players to come here to a start up program.  Gonna take time.  Give this coaching staff 3-5 years.  If it is not getting the job done then you have to consider all options.  There is no doubt that Coach Woodard has what it takes. 

It is so funny how quick people will turn their backs on the team and coaches once they lose games.  If they were winning it would be the best coaching staff in the conference.  Right????

How many starters are out right now???  Would they make up 50 something points, not likely but would make a big difference.
[/quote]

SEE SOUTH ALABAMA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[quote name="raid07" post="1106757" timestamp="1320584167"]
[quote author=LAZEEK link=topic=91044.msg1106606#msg1106606 date=1320551425]
Not related to anyone.

Some guys on here act as if the LU Football program has been around for years.  How do you expect great players to come here to a start up program.  Gonna take time.  Give this coaching staff 3-5 years.  If it is not getting the job done then you have to consider all options.  There is no doubt that Coach Woodard has what it takes. 

It is so funny how quick people will turn their backs on the team and coaches once they lose games.  If they were winning it would be the best coaching staff in the conference.  Right????

How many starters are out right now???  Would they make up 50 something points, not likely but would make a big difference.
[/quote]

[/quote]

Thank you, I was thinking that....

[quote name="raid07" post="1106757" timestamp="1320584167"]
[quote author=LAZEEK link=topic=91044.msg1106606#msg1106606 date=1320551425]
Not related to anyone.

[/quote]

[/quote]
Why is it that you want to compare with USA which is in its third year and plays FBS?  That is not apples to apples.  Georgia State is, FCS and a second year program. http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/_/id/2247/georgia-state-panthers they are 2-7 and just lost at home to a NAIA school.  I'm not happy with the last to games either.  But if you are going to compare GSU is APPLES to APPLES.

I was at the game yesterday and I don't know a whole lot about football but I know that those boys didn't really care to be playing other than a select few.  That quarter back took a pounding and never stopped.  When the ball is being thrown down field you do have to pay attention so that maybe you can catch it. We will always support LU football but the players at least have to want to play.

[quote name="LAZEEK" post="1107081" timestamp="1320612828"]
South Alabama is a little bit better known than Lamar also.  They are in a better conference.  Need I say more!!!!
[/quote]

So what?  It is relative.  They should recruit a little better talent than us but they should also have a little (Lot) tougher conference schedule than us.

Right now they are also playing bigger non-conference schools.......that will get better kids to commit to your school.  LU has those on the schedule starting next year.  Hawaii, Okie St, Texas A&M and Baylor the next 4 years.  That will get better players to LU!!!!

USA played NC State this year, and has Mississippi State, NC State and Hawaii on their schedule for next year.  Tennessee and Navy the following year in 2013, Mississippi State, Navy and Georgia in 2014, NC State and Navy in 2015, Mississippi State, Navy and LSU in 2016, Ole Miss and Oklahoma State in 2017, Okie State in 2018 and Okie State in 2020.  Where would you go to school??  LU will start to get more big games like this, once they decide to go to a better conference.  That will come with time!!!!

I agree that you can probably recruit a better caliber of player if you are playing top 25 teams but after the last two weeks drubbings do you really believe if SLAM and SFA can put that kind of beating on us we can score more or give up less points against OK State and others?  I am pulling for Woodard and the team but I want "Wins" against our conference peers and other FCS schools.  The only reason Woodard has these upper tier schools on his schedule is for the payday because he has to produce $$$$ for the budget and that won't happen any time soon from home games against anyone.  There aren't enough seats in Provost Umphrey, TV money or other money to support the program as compared to what they will receive from one game at T Boone stadium.

[quote name="cardinal" post="1107354" timestamp="1320630325"]
[quote author=LAZEEK link=topic=91044.msg1107081#msg1107081 date=1320612828]
South Alabama is a little bit better known than Lamar also.  They are in a better conference.  Need I say more!!!!
[/quote]

So what?  It is relative.  They should recruit a little better talent than us but they should also have a little (Lot) tougher conference schedule than us.
[/quote]
They have a WEAK schedule compared to Lamar. (Again apples to apples) USA's schedule.[color=pink] West Alabama D2[/color],[color=red] Lamar FCS[/color],[color=blue] NC State FBS[/color],[color=blue] Kent St. FBS[/color], [color=blue]UTSA FBS FIRST YEAR!![/color],[color=red] Tenn. Martin FCS[/color],[color=red]Georgia St. FCS[/color]2nd year,[color=pink] Henderson St D2[/color], [color=red]Miss Valley St. FCS[/color],[color=red]CAL Poly FCS[/color],
So USA has played THREE schools on their level.  One of the schools UTSA is in its first season. Of the schools on their level they beat ONE UTSA in overtime.  Boy it sure sounds like the grass is greener over there. So far that is exactly what Lamar has done with the win over SE. 
The FCS schools that USA has played would be like Lamar playing D2 schools.  And the D2 schools would be compatible to NAIA schools for LU.  If Lamar were to play a schedule like this the board would be full of comments about how weak the schedule is.  So what is it going to be WINS or Competition.  Hear are the ranks of the FCS schools that USA played provided by AL.com http://www.al.com/atomic-football/index.ssf?fcs-rankings
Lamar 90
Tenn Martin 64
Georgia St. 104
Miss Valley St. 125
Cal Polly 28

Lamars FCS schedule
SE La. 88
Northwestern 20
TX St 33
Central Ark 12
Sam 4
SFA 34
Nicholls St 99
McNeese St. 43

How do you think USA would have done against #4 Alabama , #12 Penn State, and #20 Georgia Tech

Like I said before if you want to compare look at Georgia State.  But you don't want to do that.  Because then you don't have anything to complain about.

[quote name="Texantagonise" post="1107474" timestamp="1320639415"]
[quote author=cardinal link=topic=91044.msg1107354#msg1107354 date=1320630325]
[/quote]

[/quote]
They have a WEAK schedule compared to Lamar. (Again apples to apples) USA's schedule.[color=pink] West Alabama D2[/color],[color=red] Lamar FCS[/color],[color=blue] NC State FBS[/color],[color=blue] Kent St. FBS[/color], [color=blue]UTSA FBS FIRST YEAR!![/color],[color=red] Tenn. Martin FCS[/color],[color=red]Georgia St. FCS[/color]2nd year,[color=pink] Henderson St D2[/color], [color=red]Miss Valley St. FCS[/color],[color=red]CAL Poly FCS[/color],
So USA has played THREE schools on their level.  One of the schools UTSA is in its first season. Of the schools on their level they beat ONE UTSA in overtime.  Boy it sure sounds like the grass is greener over there. So far that is exactly what Lamar has done with the win over SE. 
The FCS schools that USA has played would be like Lamar playing D2 schools.  And the D2 schools would be compatible to NAIA schools for LU.  If Lamar were to play a schedule like this the board would be full of comments about how weak the schedule is.  So what is it going to be WINS or Competition.  Hear are the ranks of the FCS schools that USA played provided by AL.com http://www.al.com/atomic-football/index.ssf?fcs-rankings
Lamar 90
Tenn Martin 64
Georgia St. 104
Miss Valley St. 125
Cal Polly 28

Lamars FCS schedule
SE La. 88
Northwestern 20
TX St 33
Central Ark 12
Sam 4
SFA 34
Nicholls St 99
McNeese St. 43

How do you think USA would have done against #4 Alabama , #12 Penn State, and #20 Georgia Tech

Like I said before if you want to compare look at Georgia State.  But you don't want to do that.  Because then you don't have anything to complain about.
[/quote]

If there was a LIKE button, I would be hitting it!!!! 8) 8)

*&*&^&@%^!8&^@^%%$!+~*  Give this program a chance.  OMG  it is in the second year of a start up program that went 5-6 in the first year.  Pretty damn good if you ask me.  I had visitors with me last night and even though we got the dog poop beat out of us, they were impressed with some of our hustle and heart.  Also we are young, had some good showings at time.  For those of you who are arm chair quarterbacks.  Give it a few years.  As far as the crowds.  I am not surprised.  Southeast Texas has been known for their apathy.  What disappoints me the most is the lack of showing of students.  Where are all the Greeks and service organizations. 

Well, after 66-0 beatdown by Sam, the game last week against a team who beat us 72-3 and followed that up with a 69-10 victory. Having a four game losing streak. Are we really competitive with our (competitive schedule)? There was only about 8,000 in actual attendance and would have been less if SFA didn't bring their fan's and band.

Also there was another game in Beaumont Saturday (I hate that Lamar has to compete with BISD for fan's it is terrible) PUS should be the place all football fan's want to be at.

Then there are the guys like my niece's (senior political science major) boyfriend who went deer hunting and she had to work at Mathews Jewelers in Beaumont then she was ill (had a lap chole done last week) or she would have been there. They watched the game versus Sam on the TV at work and she was mad when I talked to her. She is a really big football fan and have been to Cowboy Stadium to watch Dallas several times. Boyfriend is a electrical engineer Lamar alum. So if Lamar was playing better he would have been there. Others I bought season tickets for had the flu and couldn't come.

I'm pulling for Coach Woodard but I think there are some other changes needed to be made. Yes I'll be at the McNeese game. I've been to all but the Texas College game at home this year. I waited 21 years for football so I'm going win or lose. I just might get mad and leave early if we are down 54-7 at halftime.

Just hope for better results the next 2 weeks.

[quote name="Texantagonise" post="1107474" timestamp="1320639415"]
[quote author=cardinal link=topic=91044.msg1107354#msg1107354 date=1320630325]
[/quote]

[/quote]
Lamar 90
Tenn Martin 64
Georgia St. 104
Miss Valley St. 125
Cal Polly 28

Lamars FCS schedule
SE La. 88
Northwestern 20
TX St 33
Central Ark 12
Sam 4
SFA 34
Nicholls St 99
McNeese St. 43

[/quote] 

Not true.  I agree that Georgia State should be a good comparison as well.

[quote name="LU Baseball Fan" post="1107502" timestamp="1320642569"]
*&*&^&@%^!8&^@^%%$!+~*  Give this program a chance.  OMG  it is in the second year of a start up program that went 5-6 in the first year.  Pretty dang good if you ask me.  I had visitors with me last night and even though we got the dog poop beat out of us, they were impressed with some of our hustle and heart.  Also we are young, had some good showings at time.  For those of you who are arm chair quarterbacks.  Give it a few years.  As far as the crowds.  I am not surprised.  Southeast Texas has been known for their apathy.  What disappoints me the most is the lack of showing of students.  Where are all the Greeks and service organizations.
[/quote]

There are LU alumni who state this is a 3rd year program. How they come up with this is crazy to me!  ::)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder