Crosby vs. Barbers Hill Game Thread/Crosby wins!!

WOSgrad

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Cap Rock Brewing Co.
If I were 20-4A I wouldn't want to be playing The Hill next week.

Congrats to the Coogs - I guess we are playing Vidor now. We should be Div. 1 #1.

[quote name="Cap Rock Brewing Co." post="1105049" timestamp="1320460581"]

Congrats to the Coogs - I guess we are playing Vidor now. We should be Div. 1 #1.
[/quote]

No one in 20-4A is scared of BH.

Goodlord folks give us time to get home ;D No Excuses from me Crosby played a perfect game and We didn't. 2 turnovers and a personal foul did us in tonight, but outside of that Crosby just plain ran all over us tonight! The BH D could not stop the twins they just had their way with us. The Crosby D stopped us when it counted and eat us alive with thier secondary! Crosby played a very clean game and didn't turn the ball over and had 1 penalty for 5 yards! Congrats to Crosby yall came to win and took that undefeated season from us.  Crosby should have some steam going into the playoffs goodluck to whoever the play containing these Sophmore twins(They are going to be monsters in a couple of years) Glad BH got a wake up call can't wait for the playoffs.

[quote name="BHFAN" post="1105143" timestamp="1320461551"]
Goodlord folks give us time to get home ;D No Excuses from me Crosby played a perfect game and We didn't. 2 turnovers and a personal foul did us in tonight, but outside of that Crosby just plain ran all over us tonight! The BH D could not stop the twins they just had their way with us. The Crosby D stopped us when it counted and eat us alive with thier secondary! Crosby played a very clean game and didn't turn the ball over and had 1 penalty for 5 yards! Congrats to Crosby yall came to win and took that undefeated season from us.  Crosby should have some steam going into the playoffs goodluck to whoever the play containing these Sophmore twins(They are going to be monsters in a couple of years) [b]Glad BH got a wake up call[/b] can't wait for the playoffs.
[/quote]

TRUE DAT

The cougs owned us from the opening kick. We were out coached, out played, and out hearted. We thought we could just show up and win...it just doesn'twork that way. I guess we'll see how our team responds.

Congrats Cougs!!! Ya'll deserved this win.

[quote name="bronco pride" post="1105195" timestamp="1320462095"]
Bhfan hurry up your shows almost on dont miss it
[/quote]

I got it taping so that i can watch it over and over and over :-\ These Twins from Crosby impressed the heck out of me tonight! They are going to be tough in a couple of years. If you want to know how to stop them don't watch the game films from tonight :o

Congrats Coogs...they played the perfect game and we didnt.  Unbelievable only two penalties in the game.  Only two punts too I think.  VERY clean.  Easily the best offense we faced this year and had no answer for the twins.  SPEED KILLS!  there is some stuff Im sure we didnt show on offense, but that had nothing to do with Crosby putting up 35.

Here is my excuse for why BH lost to Crosby. Crosby wanted it alot more. That was easy to see and our defense counld'nt stop the twins. The must have averaged 8 yards a carry. I hate it when someone comes to our house and kicks our butt but that is what happened. At least we won't have to listen to comparrisons to our undefeated teams of the past because it is not a discussion. :-*

Guest Cap Rock Brewing Co.
I think Austin should be offensive MVP of the district and Aston newcomer of the year.  Austin had 200 yards of offense tonight. That big screen that went for 70 and what, 135 yards rushing?

Those kids are winners.

As for Barbers Hill, I think this wakes the Eagles up and they come out and put a whipping on someone next week.

Just checked the stats and Crosby put up 359 yards to our 253! It felt like 500 yards ;) There were 3 punts in the game 2 by Crosby 1 by BH! 25 yards total in penalties with 20 of them from BH. BH had more first downs by a count of 18 to 17! Best thing about the game for BH was no injuries and I didn't see any for Crosby as well. 4 pretty good teams going into the playoffs for 19-4A 8)

[quote name="Cap Rock Brewing Co." post="1105049" timestamp="1320460581"]

[/quote]

After what the Pirates did tonight; neither BH or Crosby want my Pirates. We'll match speed with speed and you're gonna get four quarters of football.

MVP MVP MVP!

Cougar Defensive Safety #12 gets the game ball. his pick and edge play is what won the cougs the game.

I said it before the game... Flannigan my hats off to you, you just out coached your opponent tonight.

This team with confidence is going to be scarey come playoff time.

Game was 100% injury free.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder

• It’s terrible no matter what happened. I am always concerned with the news media and social media outright lies or incorrect information that is put out, maybe in a rush to be first. Watching the video, it is easy to see that some of the earlier claims are simply nonsense. The officer might be cleared or he might face trial but we should be disgusted with the misinformation. Having been on scene or shortly after an officer involved shooting three times, I can say that some information that comes out is a complete fabrication. This is a horrible situation no matter who was at fault. I wish that the nonsensical false information would stop. That won’t happen…..  
    • Trump walks to the beat of a different drummer so he could very likely pick a person that is on no one’s radar. Going by typical political logic, assuming that a VP pick might bring 0.5%-1% votes, who should it be? A half to one percent is not much but in a potentially razor thin election, a couple of thousand votes in a state could decide the presidency. Biden won AZ by just over 10,000 votes. The most recent Beaumont mayoral election, where almost no one votes, had over 15,000 votes cast. In GA it was 12,000 votes and Biden did not even get 50%. In WI it was 20,000 and again Biden didn’t get to 50%.  There are other states in that area of percent point difference. How important? If any two AZ, GA and WI flip, Trump would have won. So while the VP probably never matters…. can it this time? I think that it could. What then does the VP pick bring to the table? FL and SC were both won by Trump in 2020 so a favored son vote for Rubio or Scott won’t help Trump. Both are in a fairly comfortable position within the conservative community so they will neither hurt nor help with strong conservative voters.  What about the few fence riders that could and likely will determine the election by either sticking with Biden or switching from the last election? What about the people who did not vote in the last election, but may come out to vote in this one just to support the VP candidate? Could Scott sway a percentage point or two from Black support? Could Rubio help draw a percentage point or two of Hispanic support? Possibly on both counts. Like I already mentioned, they won’t help in their own states because Trump already won those in 2020. I personally think that either would actually do a good job as president (although VP picks are about the politics of being elected and not the “best” possible president) and might be the difference in a few votes but a few votes more is all that is needed.  Or…. My outlier, Tulsi Gabbard.  She had some decent support when are ran for the presidency in the Democrat primary. Could some people follow her because they support her and not necessarily the party? I’m sure that’s true for all candidates. Could she bring female support? As a strong mentally and physically person and a member of the military who was deployed into a combat zone into Iraq. Then she went to OCS and became an officer, then deployed to Kuwait. Can that military history, including deployment into a war swing some votes? As of late, she has been on a one person tirade against Biden and the Democrats. Let’s remember that Ronald Reagan was a Democrat and so was Texas governor John Connally. Connally was not only a Democrat governor in Texas but also Secretary of the Navy under JFK. Both ended up switching to the Republican Party so there is a fairly strong history of former Democrats switching parties and being successful, all the way up to the presidency. Gabbard is a pretty fiery campaigner and doesn’t mince her words. She would really be a thorn in the Democrats’ hopes and has the inside knowledge of the party. Could she potentially swing more votes than Scott or Rubio? I think so. But…. I don’t think that Trump would pick her and I’m not sure that she would accept if offered. Her odds of being Trump's pick are at about 1%.  Scott or Rubio at about 10%. Trump being Trump, will choose someone who no one has ever heard of. 
    • So biden's a creepy old pedophile after all...shocker! But that's where the smart votes are landing.
    • 🤣🤣🤣  Right on schedule!!
  • Topics