Goose Creek Memorial vs. Baytown Lee Game Thread/GCM wins!

WOSgrad

Guest UHCoog14
GCM gat a little banged up last night. Lee was bringing the wood the first half. When the Lee QB was injurred, you could feel the wind leaving the Lee fans sails. With Speedy at QB, Lee is much more run focused but he is an outstanding athlete. When Speedy got hurt on the 2 pt conversion try, that about sealed it.

4th seed is a tough row to hoe. I like our chances against Nederland. No matter what their record may be.

[quote name="panamamyers" post="1105643" timestamp="1320494694"]
Absolutely horrible uniforms Lee was wearing by the way. Black and maroon just don't go together in that manner.
Worst uniforms since Stroud took away the Gander and put Lee on the side to make us look more like Midland Lee.
[/quote]

SAY WHAY??????? Uglier than our Barbers Hill Barber Pole Uni's?????

I like maroon and white.
I don't like black uniforms with a maroon helmet.  Just looked bad.
Maroon numbers didn't help much, even though they were outlines in white.

GCM, I wish I could blame it on Scott or Richardson getting hurt, but I don't think it had much to do with it.  Lee lost the game when they couldn't snap the ball to the qb throughout the first half and kept giving up opportunities to build on the 13-0 lead.
When GCM got the field goal blocked, and Lee had the ball up 13-0.  That was the time to really put GCM behind the 8 ball.
Lee just doesn't execute well enough to beat teams with equal talent.
It was impressive just how perfectly GCM executed from midway first quarter through the end of the game.  No fumbles, no missed pitches, no penalties, nothing.
Lee just wasn't good enough to stop them without mistakes by GCM.

Guest UHCoog14
They have shown the ability to throw the ball when necessary. Durden was not on target last night and Lee was putting a lot of pressure on him. We were also down 2 receivers due to some discipline from last week.  1 will be back this week, not so sure on the other.

The "change of pace" back (#33) (he is one of the 2 WR's too) was missing. This was #3's second varsity game.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder