22 4A Predictions For Next Season?

Guest LCM Volleyball

The Broncos have an unbelievable talent pool from 7th grade to 11th grade. The current 10th and 11th graders are just AWEsome. As 7th and 8th graders they SWEPT LA MARQUE'S 7TH AND 8TH GRADERS! and there cummulative scores against Barbers Hill was 96 to 13!!! Next year the Broncos should be even better than this years. They will have some of the current Freshmen lineman they will probably pull to varsity. For the next 5 years it looks like football will be king in Dayton. As far as replacing Mike Dugat, his younger brother AJ will make 07 another year (5 in a row) with a Dugat who rushes over 1,000 yards! Cody Green will only get better and better as well as the defense and offensive lines. It will be hard for the Broncos to go undefeated again in 22-4A, but look for them to be favored to win the district again next year.

CHAMPIONS ADAPT TO THE SITUATION AND OVERCOME ADVERSITY

LOSERS MAKE EXCUSES

PURPLE4EVER!

OHS,

You are right, you did see a glimpse of what Nederland will look like next year without Mosley when they played Central. Gutierrez had a very good game. Add to the mix Paul Roy and Cameron Bass who did not play in that game and the run game should be pretty dang good again. We scored 24 without Mosley in that game and the problem was the defense, not the offense. All of the sub-varsity teams were good so we should re-load as usual.

As for Lumberton returning a billion starters and lettermen, big deal.. They return all that from a last place team that lost to Ozen. They'll finish middle of the pack at best. Dayton is clearly the team to beat. Central, LC-M, Nederland and PN-G should battle for the remaining playoff positions.

OHS' date='

You are right, you did see a glimpse of what Nederland will look like next year without Mosley when they played Central. Gutierrez had a very good game. Add to the mix Paul Roy and Cameron Bass who did not play in that game and the run game should be pretty dang good again. We scored 24 without Mosley in that game and the problem was the defense, not the offense. All of the sub-varsity teams were good so we should re-load as usual.

As for Lumberton returning a billion starters and lettermen, big deal.. They return all that from a last place team that lost to Ozen. They'll finish middle of the pack at best. Dayton is clearly the team to beat. Central, LC-M, Nederland and PN-G should battle for the remaining playoff positions.[/quote']

we are only sayin that we arent losin that many people and usually when you have almost all of the starters returning you tend to have a good team no one is already sayin that we are gonna win district we are just sayin we will improve we only got blown out two teams compared to getting blown out by every team last year

OHS' date='

As for Lumberton returning a billion starters and lettermen, big deal.. They return all that from a last place team that lost to Ozen. They'll finish middle of the pack at best. Dayton is clearly the team to beat. Central, LC-M, Nederland and PN-G should battle for the remaining playoff positions.[/quote']

Paul Roy is going to be a great back when he is an upperclassmen

Keep in mind that Bass was running behind THIS YEAR'S O-line. Next year will be a different story!!!! Replacing (5) 2-year starters on the O-line. I'm thinking that Nederland will have several of this year's 9th grade team on varsity and seeing playing time next year. Ned is very thin in their 10th and 11th grade classes.

Guest 87CRU79

I believe the talent pool in this year's 10/11th grade is good.

Sampere, Gutierrez, D. Johnson, Bass, Grogan, Krautz, Stanley Broussard. That covers most of the skilled positions, and believe me Neumann will not go out of his way to get some of next year's 9/10th graders some playing time.

Nederland always comes up with a good offensive line, just look back to '03 and '05, years where new offensive lines had to be formed. We made it work, and I think Bass and Guti will run wild next year.

Don't make the same assumption as Lumberton which goes along the lines of:

"Our 7th, 8th, 9th graders go undefeated every season and we are going to dominate in the next few years."

Just because the middle schoolers and sub-varsity teams have great years in football doesn't mean they are a lock to do good on varstiy.

And a word of caution to the Raiders, Vidor had 20 starters coming back in 2005 and I think they only won 1 district game.

Keep in mind that Bass was running behind THIS YEAR'S O-line. Next year will be a different story!!!! Replacing (5) 2-way starters on the O-line. I'm thinking that Nederland will have several of this year's 9th grade team on varsity and seeing playing time next year. Ned is very thin in their 10th and 11th grade classes.

First off nederland did not lose 5 offensive lineman, second they were not all 2 way starters. Might want to get some of you facts right before trying to make a point.

Sorry, I meant to say "2-YEAR starters". I went back and edited that.

Isbell, Molina, Daniels, Westbrook, and Biehle. That's 5!!!!! Huber is the ONLY O-lineman that will be back next year. If you're not counting the TE as an O-lineman, then sorry, it's only 4. But you get the idea.

Sorry' date=' I meant to say "2-YEAR starters". I went back and edited that.

Isbell, Molina, Daniels, Westbrook, and Biehle. That's 5!!!!! Huber is the ONLY O-lineman that will be back next year. If you're not counting the TE as an O-lineman, then sorry, it's only 4. But you get the idea.[/quote']

Always thought of a Tight End as a Tight End, not as a Offensive lineman.

Guest 87CRU79

Like I said in an earlier post:

Nederland always comes up with a good offensive line, just look back to '03 and '05, years where new offensive lines had to be formed.

Each of those years started with new O-lines and each of those years Nederland had a run in the playoffs. Anyway, Crommett and the Coaching Staff always find a way to field a line, including a tight end.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest TravelingBandsman

heh, I and a few others from our band went to Lumberton High School to compete in the TMEA Regional Contest. It's an individual contest of musicianship over pre-selected and pre-practiced pieces. Some of our people were talking around and they'd talk to some Lumberton people. They got some apparently ugly remarks towards us for beating them.

One remark was funny though I heard about. Someone said, "Yah, we would have been undefeated this year if it hadn't been for Dayton"

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder