Livingston District Alignment???????????

[quote name="CowboysNIndians" post="1102533" timestamp="1320257140"]
BH to 20-4a.  That sound you heard is the collective Hill fans butts' puckering in unison.  The thought of playing in a real district is just too much for Haircutter's Mound Eaglets.  Side note - Dear Santa, forget the toy train and new socks for Christmas.  All I want is BH in 20-4A!!!  Signed, Everyone who wants to beat up on an arrogant group of wanna be fans.
[/quote]
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Cheermom4" post="1102582" timestamp="1320259767"]
[quote author=bulldogbacker link=topic=90835.msg1102385#msg1102385 date=1320251884]
Question about Livingston possibly staying in 20-4A? ???

What are the idiots making the decisions smoking? :o

[b]Livingston should not have to travel alll the way to the GT to play every away game in every sport.[/b] >:(

Somebody needs to get of the pot and help the kids in Livingston. Much less saving money for the school district.

Heck, Dayton, BH, and GCM are all much closer.
[/quote]

I thought that everyone travels not just Livingston.  So the burden is not just on Livingston it is on every school in the district.
[/quote]

We only have to go to LHS once per year per sport. Every away game for them is 2+ hour trip to GT.

[quote name="puddleofmudd" post="1102640" timestamp="1320263757"]
I think to solve this problem is to just play everyone online line in video games. winner take all, no traveling, save money on coaches, you dont have to drag kids to practice. It would be neat
[/quote]

and someone like you would get a chance to shine.......... ;D

[quote name="liltex" post="1102574" timestamp="1320259321"]
Actually travel is not a real issue here compared to West Texas.
[/quote]Glad we're not in the Odessa district. we'd have to travel to ElPaso, Amarillo, Lubbock, Midland, etc. We dang lucky we live in S.E. Texas. Don't ya think? lol ;D ;D ;D

[quote name="CowboysNIndians" post="1102533" timestamp="1320257140"]
BH to 20-4a.  That sound you heard is the collective Hill fans butts' puckering in unison.  The thought of playing in a real district is just too much for Haircutter's Mound Eaglets.  Side note - Dear Santa, forget the toy train and new socks for Christmas.  All I want is BH in 20-4A!!!  Signed, Everyone who wants to beat up on an arrogant group of wanna be fans.
[/quote]
Actually, just about everyone I know WANTED to go to 20-4a the last two realignments.  The travel is not that bad, the food is good (pass by Al-T's every trip lol) and the non-football sports competition is better all around.  As for football, we'd wind up owning 20-4A too.  (Had to throw something in there to keep that arrogance thing goin).

[quote name="HillGuy" post="1102681" timestamp="1320265884"]
[quote author=CowboysNIndians link=topic=90835.msg1102533#msg1102533 date=1320257140]
[/quote]
Actually, just about everyone I know WANTED to go to 20-4a the last two realignments.  The travel is not that bad, the food is good (pass by Al-T's every trip lol) and the non-football sports competition is better all around.  As for football, we'd wind up owning 20-4A too.  (Had to throw something in there to keep that arrogance thing goin).
[/quote] ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

[quote name="PURPLE 4EVER" post="1102447" timestamp="1320254143"]
If...
GCM, Dayton, BH, and Livingston all stay 4A, and assumming all the current 20-4A teams stay 4A, one team from outside the triangle must be pulled in to make 20-4A have an even number of teams.  Before Livingston, it was Dayton.  I guess Dayton did "political procedures" to get out of 20-4A.  BH probably has the $$$ and the policital clout not to be placed over there.
IMO...
I wish Dayton would have stayed over in 20-4A.  It's better competition, and practically every away game you play in front of a packed home side.  That sure beats going to CE King and playing in front of 2 dozen or going to North Forest and playing in front of 30.  Sure, the away games are over an hour each, but the fans in the triangle are the most passionate around and they support their teams.
[/quote] I Agree

[quote name="HillGuy" post="1102681" timestamp="1320265884"]
[quote author=CowboysNIndians link=topic=90835.msg1102533#msg1102533 date=1320257140]
[/quote]
[/quote]

That contradicts what I heard. I heard that there was a BH graduate on whatever UIL board hashes this out that was pushing to keep BH in 19-4A because of the travel costs. Guess that goes to show that rumors are just that: rumors.

Personally, I think the UIL needs to add a 6A classification and be done with it. There's a 1,000 student range in Class 4A. That's way too much.

[quote name="bigdog" post="1102809" timestamp="1320273451"]
The range is way larger in 5A.  Memorial has 2100 or so kids,  Katy and some of the Dallas schools are pushing 4000!
[/quote]
Actually Katy may be the smallest school in the Katy ISD at 2700. For some reason people think Katy is one of those MEGA schools, when it is not.
North Shore was over 4000 last allignment. Point taken though. Large differences from bottom to top in 5A.

You guys are forgetting something. North Forest will no longer be a school next year. The school is closing and those students will be moved into other schools. 19-4A will lose a school because of this so actually, 19-4A could take in a Livingston and keep the district numbers the same. 20-4A would be short.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1103383" timestamp="1320346467"]
You guys are forgetting something. North Forest will no longer be a school next year. The school is closing and those students will be moved into other schools. 19-4A will lose a school because of this so actually, [b]19-4A could take in a Livingston and keep the district numbers the same. 20-4A would be short.[/b]
[/quote]

Which I think would be acceptable to all of the involved schools.

Guest Pirate_pride_07
[quote name="PN-G bamakid" post="1103398" timestamp="1320347575"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=90835.msg1103383#msg1103383 date=1320346467]
You guys are forgetting something. North Forest will no longer be a school next year. The school is closing and those students will be moved into other schools. 19-4A will lose a school because of this so actually, [b]19-4A could take in a Livingston and keep the district numbers the same. 20-4A would be short.[/b]
[/quote]

[/quote]
I agree. But 6 games for district would definitely make the playoff picture a lot more muddy lol.

[quote name="mytwocents" post="1103459" timestamp="1320350084"]
[quote author=PN-G bamakid link=topic=90835.msg1103398#msg1103398 date=1320347575]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=90835.msg1103383#msg1103383 date=1320346467]
[/quote]

[/quote]
I agree. But 6 games for district would definitely make the playoff picture a lot more muddy lol.
[/quote]According to the U.I.L., anything could happen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[quote name="mytwocents" post="1103459" timestamp="1320350084"]
[quote author=PN-G bamakid link=topic=90835.msg1103398#msg1103398 date=1320347575]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

In 20-4A, definitely. I'd still put Lumberton at the bottom unless something in that program changes soon, but the other six teams would all be in the hunt year in and year out. And with another week open for a pre-season game, the coaches and teams would be that much more prepared for district play.

Guest Pirate_pride_07
[quote name="PN-G bamakid" post="1103517" timestamp="1320353043"]
[quote author=mytwocents link=topic=90835.msg1103459#msg1103459 date=1320350084]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

In 20-4A, definitely. I'd still put Lumberton at the bottom unless something in that program changes soon, but the other six teams would all be in the hunt year in and year out. And with another week open for a pre-season game, the coaches and teams would be that much more prepared for district play.
[/quote]
Yeah definitely. And i wouldn't count out Lumberton just yet. Yes they have had a bad year so far but those kids got as much fighting spirit as any other team out there and that my friend is an x factor that you can't put in stats or anything else.

The problem with having odd numbered teams in a district, is that it forces some of those teams to have off weeks during district play, resulting in someone being forced to have their off week not until week 10.

A lot of coaches do not like this and that's why the UIL tries to get districts with even numbers so that this can be eliminated.

Guest Pirate_pride_07
[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1103525" timestamp="1320353341"]
The problem with having odd numbered teams in a district, is that it forces some of those teams to have off weeks during district play, resulting in someone being forced to have their off week not until week 10.

A lot of coaches do not like this and that's why the UIL tries to get districts with even numbers so that this can be eliminated.
[/quote]
Why wouldn't the coaches do what they've been doing before having there off week the week before district play starts? They would just have to bring in a non district game in week 3.

[quote name="mytwocents" post="1103532" timestamp="1320353619"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=90835.msg1103525#msg1103525 date=1320353341]

[/quote]
Why wouldn't the coaches do what they've been doing before having there off week the week before district play starts? They would just have to bring in a non district game in week 3.
[/quote]

Not exactly. With an odd numbered amount of schools in the district, that would have someone not playing each week of district play. Therefore, teams would have to schedule their off week during district play. It is very, very difficult to schedule a non-district game during district play due to the fact the most teams do not have off weeks during this time of the season.

Guest Pirate_pride_07
[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1103544" timestamp="1320354089"]
[quote author=mytwocents link=topic=90835.msg1103532#msg1103532 date=1320353619]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=90835.msg1103525#msg1103525 date=1320353341]

[/quote]
[/quote]

Not exactly. With an odd numbered amount of schools in the district, that would have someone not playing each week of district play. Therefore, teams would have to schedule their off week during district play. It is very, very difficult to schedule a non-district game during district play due to the fact the most teams do not have off weeks during this time of the season.
[/quote]
Oh That's right. Cuz you got 7 teams. Therefore you would only be playing 3 games with one person out. That would suck.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder