x-PN-G                4  2          Central
Livingston            4  2          @ Vidor
Ozen                  3  3          Lumberton
[s]Central[/s]                1  5          @PNG
[s]LC-M [/s]                  1  5          Nederland
[s]Lumberton[/s]            1  5          Ozen

x- Clinched playoff berth

[quote name="pirate68" post="1098410" timestamp="1319860129"]
Ned,Vidor,and Png are all in I believe because all have beaten Ozen head to head....Livingston has to beat Vidor are Ozen is in because they lost to Ozen...Someone correct this if I am wrong.
[/quote]

If PNG loses to Central, you could have a 3 way tie with PNG, Ozen, and the winner of Liv/Vidor.  Then it would come down to point differential

Vidor                  4  2            Ozen +7, PNG -7, Liv ?
Livingston            4  2            Ozen -1, PNG + 14, Liv ?
PN-G                  4  2            Liv -14, Ozen +17, Vidor +7= +7
Ozen                  3  3            Vidor -7, PNG-17, Liv +1= -20

In a 3 way tie-

Winner of Liv/Vidor is in.  If Liv loses they are +13, PNG is +3, Ozen is -16. If Vidor loses they are at 0, PNG +24, Ozen -24.  In any 3 way tie senario Ozen is out based on points.  The only way this could happen is if Central actually decides to show up next week and beats PNG. 

In a 2 way tie

Vidor- Win and they are in
PNG-Win and they are in
Liv- Win and they are in
Ozen- Win, PNG win, Liv loss

According to this(not sure if I'm correct) Vidor and PNG are in the playoffs.  If you go by points, Ozen has too great of a deficit to overcome.  Head to Head Vidor gets in over Ozen.  The only playoff spot up for grabs is between Liv/Ozen.

[size=12pt][b]Clear as mud??[/b][/size]

Anyone agree or disagree?  All I know is my head hurts from thinking and it sucks that another football season is almost over.  It always goes by way too fast!  Hopefully some of these teams can make a long playoff run to extend it a little longer.

How do you count PNG in the playoffs already based on their record. If you say the ties go by head to head then Livingston should be ahead of PNG due to PNG's loss to Livingston. It's my understanding from talking with UIL athletics that the head to head issue with ties in district standings was dimantled a year ago and strictly goes by total points scored in district competition. Just a few thoughts. The Livingston vs Vidor game should be a good one.

[quote name="Lion56" post="1098822" timestamp="1319898696"]
How do you count PNG in the playoffs already based on their record. If you say the ties go by head to head then Livingston should be ahead of PNG due to PNG's loss to Livingston. It's my understanding from talking with UIL athletics that the head to head issue with ties in district standings was dimantled a year ago and strictly goes by total points scored in district competition. Just a few thoughts. The Livingston vs Vidor game should be a good one.
[/quote]

If PNG wins and Ozen wins, this creates a 3 way tie.  PNG will get in based on points and Ozen is out.

Not certain, but pretty sure that Nederland and Vidor are already the div 1 reps...png will be div 2, just not certain if as the 1 or 2 seed, depending on the Vidor/Livingston outcome...if Livingston wins, they tie with png and get the top seed based on the head up match up...should Vidor win and Ozen win, then Ozen gets in and png will be the 1 seed, Ozen 2.

[quote name="Lion56" post="1098822" timestamp="1319898696"]
How do you count PNG in the playoffs already based on their record. If you say the ties go by head to head then Livingston should be ahead of PNG due to PNG's loss to Livingston. It's my understanding from talking with UIL athletics that the head to head issue with ties in district standings was dimantled a year ago and strictly goes by total points scored in district competition.
[/quote]

Not the case, the UIL DOES NOT have a tiebreaker system that is used state wide, they specifically state that the method of breaking ties is left strictly up to the executive committees of the individual districts.

Here is the language:  "(h) TIES. The district executive committee shall determine in writing prior to the season the method to determine the district representatives in the event two or more schools are tied in win/loss percentages."

http://www.uiltexas.org/files/athletics/manuals/dec-handbook.pdf

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder