Cleveland vs. Liberty Game Thread/Cleveland wins!

WOSgrad

I want all of the Liberty fans to go back to your holes now. But first you need to apologize for all the non-sense you were talking about going to the playoffs and having a better team than Huffman. It looks like all of your reurning starters were not enough to get you to the playoffs. Get ready to live your dreams again in the off season and get your story together on how you will really, really, really be better next year.

As a Liberty fan who attended tonight's ball game against Cleveland, my impressions of the game are as follows:
1) Liberty was up 20-0 early in the third quarter and Cleveland proceeded to drop 41 points on us in the second half.  Cleveland was the better team.
2) Cleveland has a kick-ass marching band and drill team.
3) There were very few Cleveland fans in the stands (approx. 100) which seemed unusual for a game that determined a playoff berth (30 miles away).

Congrats to Cleveland and good luck in the playoffs!

As a Trojan fan, I must say I agree about the Cleveland Band being kick a$$.  I attended the game last week against Huffman (Coldspring bye week).  I think there were more Coldspring fans in the stands scouting Huffman than Cleveland fans supporting their team.  And the Cleveland fans that were there were very quiet....never cheering on the D or whooping it up the few times Cleveland was moving the ball.

[quote name="89falcon" post="1098637" timestamp="1319866816"]
I want all of the Liberty fans to go back to your holes now. But first you need to apologize for all the non-sense you were talking about going to the playoffs and having a better team than Huffman. It looks like all of your reurning starters were not enough to get you to the playoffs. Get ready to live your dreams again in the off season and get your story together on how you will really, really, really be better next year.
[/quote]

Sadly, that about sums it up...Gotta win something before you can crown yourself....As far as Liberty is concerned I'd like to once again quote the great Denny Green..."they were who we thought they were"

[quote name="MEM" post="1098680" timestamp="1319871176"]
[quote author=89falcon link=topic=90586.msg1098637#msg1098637 date=1319866816]
[/quote]

Sadly, that about sums it up...Gotta win something before you can crown yourself....As far as Liberty is concerned I'd like to once again quote the great Denny Green..."they were who we thought they were"
[/quote]

They won the 7 0n 7 Rember. Thats all they talked about all preseason. Go Liberty.. you have a future in flag Football

[quote name="only_one" post="1098493" timestamp="1319861734"]
Congrats to Cleveland on the big comeback.

Can we all finally agree that Liberty is way over-rated and played a very soft non-district schedule.  They have some good athletes, but are weak in other positions.
[/quote]
  Liberty was only over-rated by those who drank the Deel kool-aid,everyone else didnt rate them very high at all.Liberty had a weak schedule,they didnt beat Kelly,Kelly beat them selves.If Coach Stewart would have still been here this year,IMO, you would have seen different results.Until the parents stand up and put pressure on the school board to make major changes this will continue.Changes start at the top starting at the Superintendent who could care less about the sports programs which are suffering for the most part.If these changes cant be made then maybe its time to vote in new board members.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin