Port Neches-Groves vs. Little Cypress-Mauriceville Game Thread/PN-G wins!

WOSgrad

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="tupac7" post="1090578" timestamp="1319260742"]
Bottom line is Coach Faircloth is a look at me coach who wants to be different than everybody else. We get it, he doesn't take a knee on injuries, he doesn't line up on the fifty to shake hands after the game. He calls timeouts when the score is out of reach to try and score again. I really do not have a problem with this at all.....but all this comes around at some point and time.
[/quote]

Timeouts to score again? Whatever!!!! The score could've been higher if Faircloth wanted it too.

[quote name="lu cards" post="1090575" timestamp="1319260501"]
[quote author=Beargrowl link=topic=90223.msg1090546#msg1090546 date=1319259055]
[quote author=lu cards link=topic=90223.msg1090543#msg1090543 date=1319258923]
png hasnt taken a knee since faircloth got here and its not going to change.i think everyone in the district knows this by now.
[/quote]

Like I said, Classless!!
[/quote]let me try and explain a little better.our coach has coached all over the state and has never seen a team take a knee when a player is hurt.you dont see it on saturday or sunday either.i guess he's doing what he feels is correct.a lot of people from png has raised this issue because its no fun having your kid yelled at for not taking a knee or having your whole team booed like tonight.my personal take is when in rome do as the romans do.take a knee but thats not how our coach chooses to handle it.players are doing what they are told.i know  there is no direspect meant.our coach is a geat family man.i hope at some point we take a knee or fans from other schools understand the situation and just agree to disagree.glad the kid is ok and thought both teams showed a lot of sportsmanship tonight.
[/quote]

Ever game in 19-4A I have watched this year and last the players take a knee and remove their helmets during an injury.  Granted there are cases where a substitution may be occuring for an obvious minor injury, but any potential serious injury the players all kneel and the fans normally stand.  Fans clap for the injured player when they leave the field, however that happens. 

I know, I know, "Real Football is Played West of the Trinity" so in a few weeks we will give you some lessons when we smack PNG around a bit.  ;D ;D 

So, we should not use our time outs, not play our first string players, not bring our fans, not support our team or coach, not play Cherokee, and not schedule any 20-4A team for our Homecoming??

Would this even the playing field enough for some of you??

Some of you people are clearly bitter.  Seriously. Many of you would only be happy if PNG dismantled their sports programs.

In all my years of playing football, pee wee thru college I never took a knee. Our coaches called us to the sidelines to discuss what we needed to do and work on the next play. I agree with several of the soccer comments. Somehow soccer traditions ended up in football. After the games we would walk out onto the field and meet the other players. Usually the player your were up against and say good game. I think the biggest statement made last night by any fans was LCM. The booing was uncalled for towards the players. Our boys are doing exactly as they are told. If it is your tradition to take a knee then so be it. But don't push your frustrations at players. BTW. There were players who did pray for the injured man. There were also fans in our stands praying for this young man.

[quote name="AlwaysBf8thful" post="1090693" timestamp="1319284978"]
So, we should not use our time outs, not play our first string players, not bring our fans, not support our team or coach, not play Cherokee, and not schedule any 20-4A team for our Homecoming??

Some of you people are clearly bitter.  Seriously. Many of you would only be happy if PNG dismantled their sports programs.
[/quote]

No one is bitter. I have no argument, but I can tell you LCM is seeing it through another set of eyes than is PNG. Not saying whats right or wrong because thats not my place, but I do belive in taking a knee. Not to say what happened was wrong, just my opinion. But no one is bitter.

[quote name="AlwaysBf8thful" post="1090693" timestamp="1319284978"]

[/quote]

Let's think about that? No, I want PNG to keep their sports programs...last year we beat them in football, basketball twice and baseball twice...this year, we have added another football win, so, no; please keep your programs...we ain't jealous!

All in good fun guys, all in good fun...somebody has to keep those egos in check over there

Don't get mad at them for booing, if you were getting drove all night long like they did last night and didn't have nothing to cheer about you would prob boo too! It was a scary moment for that youngman last night, what our coach teaches them is his call whether I disagree with it or not, it isn't my call, hell I didn't agree with him in the game against ned on that fourth down call. Me myself I kick the fieldgoal and take my chances in OT. But he is our coach, I support them win or lose. It is what it is. But I am glad Ceaser is ok, I think he will be something special the next couple of years!. Btwbloved the trick play last night totally caught us off gaurd! Lol but I never heard the whistle to start play was kind of a crazy play!

Guest Jaguar-J
[quote name="tupac7" post="1090578" timestamp="1319260742"]
Bottom line is Coach Faircloth is a look at me coach who wants to be different than everybody else. We get it, he doesn't take a knee on injuries, he doesn't line up on the fifty to shake hands after the game. He calls timeouts when the score is out of reach to try and score again. I really do not have a problem with this at all.....but all this comes around at some point and time.
[/quote]

This is nothing new , they have always been this way . They were taught this way ( TRASHY )

that's ok (jaguar-J) I understand you are upset because y'all were district champs and got drove by us last year. I get it. Its ok because you are gonna get another taste of what this trashy team can do in about two weeks! If I'm not mistaken we haven't lost at the butch in any of our appearances, the way I see it we might as well call it the new reservation! Don't see nothing changing this year either! Gonna make it a three peat! Good luck to you anyway, see you week 10 !!

[quote name="Jaguar-J" post="1090770" timestamp="1319291609"]
[quote author=tupac7 link=topic=90223.msg1090578#msg1090578 date=1319260742]
[/quote]

This is nothing new , they have always been this way . They were taught this way ( TRASHY )
[/quote] :'(

You guys know what this is all about. If the score was the other way around this wouldn’t even be a topic on this thread. It’s “FOOTBALL”, I bet there wasn’t one coach or player out there that did not have the injured player on their mind for a moment while he was being attended too. As for as kneeling do it if it makes you feel better. Congratulations to PNG on the win and the display of a successful football program. LCM fans well, I don’t know what to say. It has always been said look at the scoreboard before you start pointing fingers.

The immaturity on this thread is unbelievable! This isn't about college or pro comparison or has nothing to do with the score. It's about showing respect. Sezer was down for a good while. It's not like he sprained an ankle. These are 16, 17 year old kids who will most likely never play football again.

What happened, when your #24, Lance went down, the scoreboard flashed his name, why? Respect and sportsmanship which obviously png has neither! Your the ones who are pathetic!

[quote name="Razor" post="1090761" timestamp="1319291304"]
[quote author=AlwaysBf8thful link=topic=90223.msg1090693#msg1090693 date=1319284978]

[/quote]

Let's think about that? No, I want PNG to keep their sports programs...last year we beat them in football, basketball twice and baseball twice...this year, we have added another football win, so, no; please keep your programs...we ain't jealous!

All in good fun guys, all in good fun...somebody has to keep those egos in check over there
[/quote]
HAA! Yea Neds been on a roll here lately. Hang on to it while you can.

We did take a knee...Twice inside the 10 with over a minute left in the game!  ;D
What's this crap about calling timeouts to run up the score? When in the last three seasons did this ocur? Facts people...Facts. Fact is with our second unit in we drove down the field easily on the ground and deprived young men who get little playing time the opportunity to score so as not to be DISRESPECTFUL!

Did you notice our guys didn't take a knee when Lance got hurt either??? That should be proof enough that it is not out of disrespect!

Booing kids is disrespectful. Ask anyone what they think about that! Yeah we have zero classs. Ask your homecoming Queen how classless we were as she passed by our stands. Standing Ovation!

WOW, I didn't know not taking a knee would cause us to be classless? Fans booing kids? Thought LCM was going to be at the top of the district this year? We don't take a knee in peewee football and the fans don't boo!! Silly comments from LCM fan and one Central fan. They do have one thing in common, both of thier teams are starting basketball after two more weeks!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin