WO-S 13 Giddings 21- Final/Comments

KFDM COOP

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What ashame. Ya'll get beat and all you can do is make fun of Silsbee's coaching. I think the great Dan Hooks made a reverse call that got some of your panties in a knot earlier. What a bunch of poor losers. Maybe you can blame the refs' date=' the turf, the night air or maybe someone else for your loss today.[/quote']where did this come from?

Glad I made this game, it was a very good and well played game. Both defenses were very solid. Hard to imagine that Giddings could stop all the weapons that WO-S had, but they did. Giddings was able to keep constant pressure on Bevil. WO-S was able to hold Giddings QB in check for the most part, but Giddings wisely utilized the option pitch and dive plays (which rarely gained much) to keep WO-S guessing just enough to make a few scores. WO-S made too many mistakes, way more than they have made all year. Hard to say Giddings caused the mistakes because most of the mistakes were bad snaps. I guess the pressure of the game sometimes causes these things to happen. Giddings has a heck of a team. #11 on defense is a tremendous player. WO-S' Garrett played a heck of a game as did #2 (hated to see him not be able to bring in that last pass because he played such a great game--it was just a couple of inches too high a tad behind him). Thomas was showing off his speed on boths sides of the ball, but Bevil had a hard time hitting him with the deep ball. #24 will be a fun one to watch next year along with Bevil and the rest the Stangs have returning. What grade is #2? Good season once again for the Stangs.

What a game, Giddings is the real thing. #11 for Giddings can play. Earl Thomas is a hell of an athlete, the kid can do it all.

Too much pressure on Bevil, couldn't set and find his receivers.

Don't understand the deep snap when your on the 1 with 1st down. 2 QB

sneaks and your 2 points from tieing this up.

Great year for the Stangs.

What a game' date=' Giddings is the real thing. #11 for Giddings can play. Earl Thomas is a heck of an athlete, the kid can do it all.

Too much pressure on Bevil, couldn't set and fine his receivers.

Don't understand the deep snap when your on the 1 with 1st down. 2 QB

sneaks and your 2 points from tieing this up.

Great year for the Stangs.[/quote']

I kept telling my buddy WO-S would put in #3 at qb and he would speed around that end for the TD, but it didn't happen.

Incidently someone asked why the RB got ejected. I am not sure what happened. I assume he threw a punch in the aftermath of the skirmish for the fumble by the Giddings QB. I did notice that he was holding himself in a sensitive area as if he had been hit or kicked there. I was thinking it was probably a reaction to something that happened to him in the scuffle for the ball. The refs. were very adamant that he had done something they didn't like. I was impressed at how his coach made him pick up his helmet he tossed on the sideline and go sit down. Giddings is a very well coached team.

Guest Bridge City Card

Ok i just got back from the WOS game. Here's my take...

First of all WOS did a great job defensively stopping Mr. Almighty Fitzhenry. The problem in this game was the snap over the punters head, that killed them.

BUT most important and i said this earlier in the year when i saw WOS play. The playcalling was terrible by the OC. WHY WHY when the ball was on the 1 yard line are you running the spread???????????? EVERYONE in the stands including County Judge Carl Thibeadaux was pissed.

It's easy to second guess play calling. I'm sure given the out come of that series that the OC would have done somethings differently, but I'm sure that it was done for a reason. If it would have worked then we would be talking about how it caught Giddings off guard and they had a LB covering a slot or something like that. Point being it is too easy to say that something should have been done differently when the way it was done didn't work.

Guest Orangeboy

It was a great game. The WOS kids and coaches had a great season. On the play calls at the goalline. I have seen WOS several times this year and I can't remember a time when they went under center when they got inside the 10. You have to work on something like that. They just went with what had worked for them all year. I think that is one of the weaknesses of the spread offense, it limits your ability to run the ball in short yardage situations. Great Season WOS!

Guest Orangeboy

lets use real logic here----at the 1-----u do a QB sneak c'mon.

I agree, but I haven't seen them do it all year. Well come to think of it I don't think they had to. :lol:

Guest Bridge City Card
:D Yea but you don't run the spread at the half yard line. I've never heard more people complaining about the playcalling than tonight in the stands.

wow.... how on earth do you not punch the ball in from the one inch line??? instead, we lineup 3 yards away from the line of scrimmage to try and get one inch!!! i said throughout the regular season that the kicking game would hurt us in the playoffs and it did.... we were well within fieldgoal range being only down 14-13 and had no choice but to go for it, had we been able to kick a fieldgoal that would have put us ahead. we should've been able to put points on the board when we had the opportunity.