19-4A Game of the week GCM Vs Crosby

BHFAN

[quote name="cbear4" post="1086861" timestamp="1318951704"]
I can see how you guys are not sold on GCM. They will have to be consistent in winning to change anyone's opinion. These guys are learning how to play together and this could spell success. They have some big play ability but prefer to go with the big RB on offense. the O-line looks very good and if they do not have to throw, they won't. Our QB has minimized his mistakes and has answered the call the past few weeks, making very good decisions running (4 tds vs dayton) and throwing the football. If he continues to play this way, we will be just fine. I do not see Crosby slowing this offense down, we can run a power game (#44), 192 yds rushing vs Dayton or we can put a little "shake and bake" (#33) who torched GP for 157 rushing yds in just 2 qtrs.

I do not buy into all the stats. We should have never lost to CE King and the guys appeared to have learned from this. We competed with Manvel for 2+ qtrs until turnovers did in our momentum. Nederland's "D" gave us problems but we scored on them as well. Both, Nederland and Manvel may be on their way to winning their districts. Playing these teams early just helped learn from the mistakes.

Our Defense has learned a little discipline and cause a lot of turnovers but this week will say a lot about their ability to be consistent. They are quick but this will be their biggest test since the Manvel game.
Good luck to both teams. I will not even predict what the outcome will be.
[/quote]

Crosby was tested as well. Dawson is 8-0 and is going to play manvel and La Marque for the title the next two weeks. Montgomery is in Brenham's district... we put more points on them than any other team this season.

Crosby is not turning the ball over... shocker given 2 sophomores run the show. And we Beat PNG, the Lee game was our CE King equivalent.

For GCM to win your not going to have to score on us, your going to have to score a ton on us. As for your power run game, we can stop that... Dawson ran the same setup and they beat the cougs through the air. GCM is a lesser version of Dawson, but a team that hasn't shown the ability to throw the ball (the cougs big weakness). Cali is going to be all over your back this Friday.

Something tells me 5 turnovers made the job for your defense easy against Dayton.

your other win VS GP had 5 turnovers as well.

So my full prediction is now...
Crosby will force GCM to throw the football, and that will lead to GCM turnovers.
GCM defense will face the quickest back they've played this year.
GCM Defense will give up a TD pass of over 40 yards to the cougs.
Crosby will Fumble the ball 2x but only lose it 1x
GCM will have more turnovers than Crosby
GCM will lose by 2 TD's
GCM will rush for less than 200 yards of 50 attempts.
Crosby will have 500 yards of total offense.

The difference is this GCM relies on Turnovers for their offense to be able to pound the ball in. However the Cougs don't they consistently drive 80 yards for a score.

As for BH-92 hes just picking GCM so he can talk trash when we meet for the game!
I get GCM can run the ball, but don't forget Crosby might have the best back in 19-4a, he is certainly putting up those numbers.

I just think the entire basis for the argument in support of GCM is based on two games. both time you received 5 turnovers.

Here is what i mean by GCM NEEDS turnovers to score.
Dayton 5 turnovers -> 34 points
GP 5 Turnovers -> 45 points
King 2 Turnovers -> 17 points
Manvel 3 Turnovers -> 19 points
Your best game of the year: Nederland 0 turnovers 20 points (14 points in last minute of 3rd or in the fourth) Also that's Nederlands best offensive performance of the season (points wise.)
LCM 1 turnover -> 14 points (7 of them right before time expires in the 4th)

Honestly your offense hasn't moved the ball on anyone this year. And your defense is a turnover or bust style defense, means thier overly aggressive, and that -> to big plays, and on top of it, your playing a team in Crosby who consistently makes huge plays. heres a few examples
[b][u]MONT.[/u][/b]
CRO -- Jacoby Scott 47-yard pass from Walter Aston (Austin Walter run), 01:02, 3rd
CRO -- Juvaunte Street 53-yard pass from Walter Aston (Sam Fowler kick), 09:20, 4th.

[u][b]PNG[/b][/u]
CRO -- Austin Walter 74-yard run (Sam Fowler kick), 4:00, 4th

[u][b]Dawson[/b][/u]
CRO -- Aston Walter 25-yard run (kick), 02:19, 2nd.

[u][b]Lee[/b][/u]
CRO -- Austin Walter 43-yard run (Sam Fowler kick), 10:12, 2nd.
CRO -- Austin Walter 48-yard run (Chase Bench from Marc Farrish), 02:43, 3rd.
CRO -- Jacoby Scott 27-yard run (Sam Fowler kick), 11:51, 4th.

[u][b]North Forest[/b][/u]
CRO -- Jacoby Scott 68-yard pass from Aston Walter (Sam Fowler kick), 05:26, 1st.
CRO -- Austin Walter 99-yard run (Sam Fowler kick), 03:19, 2nd.

[u][b]King[/b][/u]
CRO -- Jacoby Scott 73-yard pass from Aston Walter (Sam Fowler kick), 11:15, 1st.
CRO -- Jacoby Scott 50-yard pass from Aston Walter (Sam Fowler kick), 06:52, 2nd.

[u][b]GP[/b][/u]
CRO -- Paul Singleton 52-yard pass from Aston Walter (Sam Fowler kick), 05:51, 1st.

GCM vs opponent

[u][b]LCM [/b][/u]

GCM -- Damon Guillory 60-yard run (kick), 8:45, 1st.

[u][b]Manvel[/b][/u]
GCM -- Curtis Granberry 98-yard kickoff return (Andre Ollivierre kick), 01:29, 1st.

[b][u]King[/u][/b]
GCM -- Deandre Durden 40-yard run (Deandre Durden kick), 09:06, 2nd.

[u][b]GP[/b][/u]
GCM -- Denton Lucas 84-yard fumble return (Andre Ollivierre kick), 02:30, 3rd.

Dayton

"FUMBLE! GCM 1st and  10 at the Dayton  25." GCMPats

"Dayton 4 posessions, 1 TD, 2 Fumbles, 1 interception, now the offense is trying to keep pace with the defense, at sucking!" Jeepz

"Interception! GCM 1st and 10 at the Dayton 25." GCMPats

"Interception! Dayton receivers are having  some trouble. Herrera is dead on." GCMPats (Sounds like they where handing your defense the ball)

"Purple 4 Ever- looks like my jeddi java the han solo game calling crystal ball is working. They have a sonic just down the street from GCM if you need more video footage. You may be short on highlights tomorrow." BH-92 just because that's a hall of fame post.

"It's not the coach. Dang receivers can't catch." GCMPats

According to Dayton fans at least 3 starters quit the week before the GCM game... i think that might have something to do with their turnover problems.

P.S. I'm very fired up for this game, i think its going to be the Cougs statement win. Before the two big games with BH and Dayton.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Cougtalk" post="1087415" timestamp="1318994028"]
[quote author=cbear4 link=topic=89988.msg1086861#msg1086861 date=1318951704]
I can see how you guys are not sold on GCM. They will have to be consistent in winning to change anyone's opinion. These guys are learning how to play together and this could spell success. They have some big play ability but prefer to go with the big RB on offense. the O-line looks very good and if they do not have to throw, they won't. Our QB has minimized his mistakes and has answered the call the past few weeks, making very good decisions running (4 tds vs dayton) and throwing the football. If he continues to play this way, we will be just fine. I do not see Crosby slowing this offense down, we can run a power game (#44), 192 yds rushing vs Dayton or we can put a little "shake and bake" (#33) who torched GP for 157 rushing yds in just 2 qtrs.

I do not buy into all the stats. We should have never lost to CE King and the guys appeared to have learned from this. We competed with Manvel for 2+ qtrs until turnovers did in our momentum. Nederland's "D" gave us problems but we scored on them as well. Both, Nederland and Manvel may be on their way to winning their districts. Playing these teams early just helped learn from the mistakes.

Our Defense has learned a little discipline and cause a lot of turnovers but this week will say a lot about their ability to be consistent. They are quick but this will be their biggest test since the Manvel game.
[/quote]

Crosby was tested as well. Dawson is 8-0 and is going to play manvel and La Marque for the title the next two weeks. Montgomery is in Brenham's district... we put more points on them than any other team this season.

Crosby is not turning the ball over... shocker given 2 sophomores run the show. And we Beat PNG, the Lee game was our CE King equivalent.

For GCM to win your not going to have to score on us, your going to have to score a ton on us. As for your power run game, we can stop that... Dawson ran the same setup and they beat the cougs through the air. GCM is a lesser version of Dawson, but a team that hasn't shown the ability to throw the ball (the cougs big weakness). Cali is going to be all over your back this Friday.

Something tells me 5 turnovers made the job for your defense easy against Dayton.

Crosby will force GCM to throw the football, and that will lead to GCM turnovers.
GCM will lose by 2 TD's

The difference is this GCM relies on Turnovers for their offense to be able to pound the ball in. However the Cougs don't they consistently drive 80 yards for a score.

As for BH-92 hes just picking GCM so he can talk trash when we meet for the game!
I get GCM can run the ball, but don't forget Crosby might have the best back in 19-4a, he is certainly putting up those numbers.

I just think the entire basis for the argument in support of GCM is based on two games. both time you received 5 turnovers.

Your best game of the year: Nederland 0 turnovers 20 points (14 points in last minute of 3rd or in the fourth) Also that's Nederlands best offensive performance of the season (points wise.)

Honestly your offense hasn't moved the ball on anyone this year. And your defense is a turnover or bust style defense, means thier overly aggressive, and that -> to big plays, and on top of it, your playing a team in Crosby who consistently makes huge plays. heres a few examples
[b][u]MONT.[/u][/b]
CRO -- Jacoby Scott 47-yard pass from Walter Aston (Austin Walter run), 01:02, 3rd
CRO -- Juvaunte Street 53-yard pass from Walter Aston (Sam Fowler kick), 09:20, 4th.

[u][b]PNG[/b][/u]

[u][b]Dawson[/b][/u]

[u][b]Lee[/b][/u]

CRO -- Jacoby Scott 68-yard pass from Aston Walter (Sam Fowler kick), 05:26, 1st.

[u][b]King[/b][/u]
CRO -- Jacoby Scott 73-yard pass from Aston Walter (Sam Fowler kick), 11:15, 1st.
CRO -- Jacoby Scott 50-yard pass from Aston Walter (Sam Fowler kick), 06:52, 2nd.

[u][b]GP[/b][/u]
CRO -- Paul Singleton 52-yard pass from Aston Walter (Sam Fowler kick), 05:51, 1st.

GCM vs opponent

[u][b]LCM [/b][/u]

[u][b]Manvel[/b][/u]
GCM -- Curtis Granberry 98-yard kickoff return (Andre Ollivierre kick), 01:29, 1st.

[b][u]King[/u][/b]

[u][b]GP[/b][/u]

Dayton

"Dayton 4 posessions, 1 TD, 2 Fumbles, 1 interception, now the offense is trying to keep pace with the defense, at sucking!" Jeepz

"Interception! Dayton receivers are having  some trouble. Herrera is dead on." GCMPats (Sounds like they where handing your defense the ball)

"Purple 4 Ever- looks like my jeddi java the han solo game calling crystal ball is working. They have a sonic just down the street from GCM if you need more video footage. You may be short on highlights tomorrow." BH-92 just because that's a hall of fame post.

According to Dayton fans at least 3 starters quit the week before the GCM game... i think that might have something to do with their turnover problems.

P.S. I'm very fired up for this game, i think its going to be the Cougs statement win. Before the two big games with BH and Dayton.
[/quote]

All this from a guy who thinks LCM has a better chance at the playoffs than Central, a team who beat LCM. ;) ::)

[quote name="jabu84" post="1087455" timestamp="1319001306"]
GCM by 17. Crosby is weak up the middle. GCM loves to Run the ball in the middle. Best D Crosby has seen since Dawson.
[/quote]

Yeah and we put up 28 on dawson... so ur saying GCM is going to score 45 points? Also weak up the middle? is that a feeling or a fact. I hope the cougs see that one... i want a pissed off linebacker myself.

p.s. Dawson didn't even try to run it up the middle.

[quote name="Cougtalk" post="1087415" timestamp="1318994028"]
[quote author=cbear4 link=topic=89988.msg1086861#msg1086861 date=1318951704]

[/quote]

GCM will lose by 2 TD's

[b][u]MONT.[/u][/b]

[u][b]PNG[/b][/u]

[u][b]Dawson[/b][/u]

[u][b]Lee[/b][/u]

[u][b]King[/b][/u]

[u][b]GP[/b][/u]

GCM vs opponent

[u][b]LCM [/b][/u]

[u][b]Manvel[/b][/u]

[b][u]King[/u][/b]

[u][b]GP[/b][/u]

Dayton

[/quote]
You really need to close the computer and get out more. I cannot believe you dug up all the stats just to make a point. Might be trying to convince yourself that Crosby has this game won. It will be decided on the field, which is why I said earlier that I will not even predict who will win. We have been way to inconsistent to predict and you guys have some playmakers but did lose to Lee.
We moved the ball well on Nederland and their Defense is much stronger than Crosby. We had too many turnovers, one on our own one yard line that accounted for one of Nederland's easy TD's and another on Nederlands one when we were about to punch it in. 14 point swing right there. 

I would say that Sezar from LCM was the quickest and fastest back we have seen all year. Manvel had no one with his speed. Crosby will be a test. Just hope our guys and coaches are up to it and we do what it takes to win.

cbear4 I agree with you let these young men figure out who wants it more. Who cares about stats from the previous games, doesn't really matter on Friday night, but I do think Crosby might have the edge with all the weapons they have on Offense. I don't know much about GCM I'm sure they have weapons also. So let's wait & see around 10:00 this Friday. Crosby by 14

[quote name="Cougtalk" post="1087459" timestamp="1319007858"]
[quote author=jabu84 link=topic=89988.msg1087455#msg1087455 date=1319001306]
GCM by 17. Crosby is weak up the middle. GCM loves to Run the ball in the middle. Best D Crosby has seen since Dawson.
[/quote]

Yeah and we put up 28 on dawson... so ur saying GCM is going to score 45 points? Also weak up the middle? is that a feeling or a fact. I hope the cougs see that one... i want a pissed off linebacker myself.

[/quote]
no team will hit 45. 31 to 13 GCM. Fact how you think LEE won. speedy running between the tackles. Dawson attacks the edge against all the teams they play of course they are not going to run up the middle.

Just cause you put up 26 on Dawson. You still lost by 30. halftime score was 35 to 10. 42 to 18 by the end of the 3rd. It was practice for Dawson going in to the 4th. GCM plays Manvel 19 to 12 at half. 32 to 19 at the end of the 3rd. It was still a game going in to the 4th. 

GCM by 17

[quote name="jabu84" post="1087817" timestamp="1319055106"]
[quote author=Cougtalk link=topic=89988.msg1087459#msg1087459 date=1319007858]
[/quote]

[/quote]
no team will hit 45. 31 to 13 GCM. Fact how you think LEE won. speedy running between the tackles. Dawson attacks the edge against all the teams they play of course they are not going to run up the middle.

Just cause you put up 26 on Dawson. You still lost by 30. halftime score was 35 to 10. 42 to 18 by the end of the 3rd. It was practice for Dawson going in to the 4th. GCM plays Manvel 19 to 12 at half. 32 to 19 at the end of the 3rd. It was still a game going in to the 4th. 

GCM by 17
[/quote]

Lol... question that manvel game... what the score end up? How bout that king game?

"Fact how you think LEE won." Lee won with a very good passing attack, they finished the game with a Runningback playing QB, basically running a wildcat... GCM can't throw the ball and they're going to lose because of it.

"Crosby,

You lost to Lee?  This conversation is over.

Love,

The Goose"

You lost to King this conversation is over.

[quote name="Cougtalk" post="1087881" timestamp="1319059676"]
[quote author=jabu84 link=topic=89988.msg1087817#msg1087817 date=1319055106]
[/quote]

[/quote]

GCM by 17
[/quote]

Lol... question that manvel game... what the score end up? How bout that king game?

"Fact how you think LEE won." Lee won with a very good passing attack, they finished the game with a Runningback playing QB, basically running a wildcat... GCM can't throw the ball and they're going to lose because of it.

"Crosby,

Love,

The Goose"

[/quote]
Yes, we did lose to King, but if I was from BH, I would cry foul on the refs calling back a  TD pass that would have sealed the win in the 4th qtr. Refs said our QB crossed line of scrimmage before throwing the ball but video shows he was clearly 2-3 yds behind it. But I am not from BH so we did lose. Should have never been that close, I agree. Blowing a 17-0 lead in the 3rd qtr. Almost deserve to lose.

You keep saying we cannot throw. We only throw if we have to. Three things happen when you throw and two of these things are not good. We choose to run if we are successful. Confidence is what they have always lacked. Seem to be riding high after this King loss. We will see... Good luck...

Guest UHCoog14
Let me speak slowly for all you Crosby fans-

All your base, they are belonging to us.

PS:
Tell your Homecoming queen to wear water-proof mascara. She gonna cry when you lose.

Guest Cap Rock Brewing Co.
This game has been overanalyzed to death. Whoever brings the most intensity and wants it more will win. Whoever comes out on top will have beaten a good opponent. Hurry up Friday.

Guest UHCoog14
Not that it matters, but it was my understanding that Durden crossed the line of scrimmage when he initialy recovered the fumbled snap. Any forward pass after that would be illegal.

That, in and of itself, will not prevent the beat down Crosby has coming Friday night.

[quote name="Cougtalk" post="1086326" timestamp="1318888803"]
Cougs defense keeps getting retooled... Supposedly GP could throw the ball... we held them to 14, 7 of which where in mop up time.

Our Defense is extremely quick to the edge, and GP found that out last week. In fact the only 2 things that have worked are power run games and deep passes. So if GCM can do both of those they can win.

But we won't show offensive impotence like Dayton did last week. Should be a good one.

GCM has a defense i'm just not sure how good its Offense is.

ranked 40th in SETX in scoring.

So here is my breakdown

Crosby gives up 33.67 points a game
Crosby scores 36.67 per game

GCM Gives up 24.83 per game
GCM Scores 22.67 points per game

No team has held Crosby under 26 points Including PNG/Dawson/Montgomery

LCM beat them
Best defensive performance they've had all year.
Nederland put up 38 on them. The only team Nederland has scored that many points on is Central.

I honestly think Dayton didn't show up last week, and to be Crosby this week GCM is going to have to play a flawless game.

But those are my reasons and i'm a big stats guy.

Crosby 35-21
[/quote]

That's good, I hope you and everyone else keeps underestimating GCM.  You have all ready pointed out we can't throw, run the ball or play defense.  Maybe we should hope the bus even shows up at Crosby.  The good thing is it doesn't matter what you believe, the kids believe in themselves and the game plan.  Keep spreading the word Crosby will beat us, I want everyone underestimating us.  Heck BH probably shouldn't even practice next week. 

[quote name="cbear4" post="1087888" timestamp="1319060422"]
[quote author=Cougtalk link=topic=89988.msg1087881#msg1087881 date=1319059676]
[/quote]

[/quote]

GCM by 17
[/quote]

"Crosby,

Love,

The Goose"

[/quote]
Yes, we did lose to King, but if I was from BH, I would cry foul on the refs calling back a  TD pass that would have sealed the win in the 4th qtr. Refs said our QB crossed line of scrimmage before throwing the ball but video shows he was clearly 2-3 yds behind it. But I am not from BH so we did lose. Should have never been that close, I agree. Blowing a 17-0 lead in the 3rd qtr. Almost deserve to lose.

You keep saying we cannot throw. We only throw if we have to. Three things happen when you throw and two of these things are not good. We choose to run if we are successful. Confidence is what they have always lacked. Seem to be riding high after this King loss. We will see... Good luck...
[/quote]

If you were from BH you would have been smart enough not to live in Baytown 8)

Crosby by 14

Guest UHCoog14
[quote name="BHFAN" post="1088138" timestamp="1319113998"]
[quote author=cbear4 link=topic=89988.msg1087888#msg1087888 date=1319060422]
[/quote]

[/quote]

GCM by 17
[/quote]

"Crosby,

Love,

The Goose"

[/quote]

[/quote]

Crosby by 14
[/quote]

Careful now, you just offended 80% of the people in BH.

[quote name="GCMPats" post="1088182" timestamp="1319118524"]
[quote author=BHFAN link=topic=89988.msg1088138#msg1088138 date=1319113998]
[/quote]

[/quote]

GCM by 17
[/quote]

"Crosby,

Love,

The Goose"

[/quote]

[/quote]

Crosby by 14
[/quote]

[/quote]

;D ;)

[quote name="GCMPats" post="1088182" timestamp="1319118524"]
[quote author=BHFAN link=topic=89988.msg1088138#msg1088138 date=1319113998]
[/quote]

[/quote]

GCM by 17
[/quote]

"Crosby,

Love,

The Goose"

[/quote]

[/quote]

Crosby by 14
[/quote]

[/quote]We moved out of Baytown when we had children. I would think the reason would be obvious. In addition, there was a drive by shooting in the neighborhood where I lived in Baytown. The Baytown I grew up in the 60's and 70's has changed dramatically in the last 35 years.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder