Anahuac vs. East Chambers Game Thread/EC wins!

WOSgrad

[quote name="ECFAN#1" post="1083365" timestamp="1318647843"]
Anahuac has a good team. #23, #4 and #42 are some good players. [u][glow=red,2,300]The stats I was looking at was that they only throw the ball 15 times all year and completed 8 of them. When the sweep did not work they had nothing to go to[/glow]. [/u] Good luck with the rest of the season. Hopefully some of the hurt players can come back and help with the rest of the season.
[/quote]

See 2009, 2010 and of course now...2011.  3rd time isn't always the charm, so GAC!

[move][glow=red,2,300]GRAB A CLUE[/glow][/move]

Guest ECBucFan
[quote name="APanthers" post="1083221" timestamp="1318645872"]
I wish the Buc's well i hope yall go far in the playoff's yall have a good team and a good Coaching staff .
[/quote]

Thank you AP. Wishing Anahuac the best the rest of the way, hope you win out.  8)

[quote name="APanthers" post="1083221" timestamp="1318645872"]
I dont know what to say but we got our butt's kicked on both sides of the ball. Barbay's Offense dont work agaist East Chamber's, we are to predictable, no pasiing game at aLL.  I know E.C is good but we should do better than this we was out played and out coached  . I wish the Buc's well i hope yall go far in the playoff's yall have a good team and a good Coaching staff .
[/quote]
I hear your frustration but are always to stinking quick to say they were OUT COACHED when their teams get their butt's kicked......Barbay is a good coach and sometimes you get your butt kicked once in a while as a coach.  Good luck to EC and AP!

[quote name="wildcats35" post="1083949" timestamp="1318695992"]
[quote author=APanthers link=topic=89861.msg1083221#msg1083221 date=1318645872]
I dont know what to say but we got our butt's kicked on both sides of the ball. Barbay's Offense dont work agaist East Chamber's, we are to predictable, no pasiing game at aLL.  I know E.C is good but we should do better than this we was out played and out coached  . I wish the Buc's well i hope yall go far in the playoff's yall have a good team and a good Coaching staff .
[/quote]
I hear your frustration but are always to stinking quick to say they were OUT COACHED when their teams get their butt's kicked......Barbay is a good coach and sometimes you get your butt kicked once in a while as a coach.  Good luck to EC and AP!
[/quote] Was you at the game, if so you would have seen that we was out coached. We have all our eggs in one basket if we cant run around the end or up the middle than we are done . Yes East Chamber's is good but we have athletes to and we are not 38-0 bad. We ran about the same 5 play's all night . You can say what you what but we are to predictable

[quote name="APanthers" post="1084174" timestamp="1318707441"]
Its called making adjustment's and we never did .
[/quote]

Keep your heads up Anahuac and make some adjustments because your team does have alot of talent and needs your support. Give the coaches a chance to watch the film and hopefully they can see some things to impove. Good luck with the rest of the season, there is still alot of football to be played before the playoffs!!!!

[quote name="APanthers" post="1084170" timestamp="1318707193"]
[quote author=wildcats35 link=topic=89861.msg1083949#msg1083949 date=1318695992]
[/quote]
[/quote] Was you at the game, if so you would have seen that we was out coached. We have all our eggs in one basket if we cant run around the end or up the middle than we are done . Yes East Chamber's is good but we have athletes to and we are not 38-0 bad. We ran about the same 5 play's all night . You can say what you what but we are to predictable
[/quote]  Why don't you become a head coach somewhere and make "adjustments" with your own team and run what you want to run.  Do you coach for a living?  Its easy to coach from the stands....SHUT UP, GET a DEGREE, and go coach your own team.  The message board is here to express opinions not bash coaches or their teams.  If you dont agree with what is being called, go visit with the coach on saturday morning at the fieldhouse when he is working and talk to him about it. 

[quote name="APanthers" post="1084170" timestamp="1318707193"]
[quote author=wildcats35 link=topic=89861.msg1083949#msg1083949 date=1318695992]
[/quote]
[/quote]
I was at the game and until the Panthers find a QB that can actually throw the ball and utilize their speed the play calling will be the same.  I agree some of the play calling was on the coaches but geez the QB couldn't even throw a simple out route, not his fault but thats a big problem.  All EC had to do was key on the run.  AND I think AP's defense had a lot to do with it as well, the middle of the field was open all night long.

Guest ECBucFan
[quote name="7mary3" post="1084360" timestamp="1318714644"]
the middle of the field was open all night long.
[/quote]

I would not presume to second guess AP's coach, but just sharing an [i]opinion[/i] I fully agree with that. Sitting in the stands, I wondered when AP would throw short pass to a slant route across the middle, or, perhaps a middle screen, instead of the long bombs. I would believe that would have been much more effective for them.

Refocus and play hard, AP. The season goes on!     

[quote name="wildcats35" post="1084358" timestamp="1318714619"]
[quote author=APanthers link=topic=89861.msg1084170#msg1084170 date=1318707193]
[/quote]
[/quote]  Why don't you become a head coach somewhere and make "adjustments" with your own team and run what you want to run.  Do you coach for a living?  Its easy to coach from the stands....SHUT UP, GET a DEGREE, and go coach your own team.  The message board is here to express opinions not bash coaches or their teams.  If you dont agree with what is being called, go visit with the coach on saturday morning at the fieldhouse when he is working and talk to him about it.
[/quote]Im not trying to bash coach Barbay he is a good coach but i think we could have done better if we would have tried passing the ball a little more and spread the defense out it's hard to run the ball when you have ten people in the box . I will still support the panther's win or loose thats my opinion sorry if you dont like it. Im done with this topic . 

EC vs. AP is definitely a rivalry game...no if, and's, or but's about it.

Now...while I do agree everyone can coach from the sidelines, it doesn't take a village idiot to understand what "being outcoached" means.  I'm glad I wasn't there last night, and I know Albritton and Raymond are out, but they were there last year = same result.  If you can execute, then the plays should work.  When plays aren't working, it's vital to make halftime adjustments, there's just no imagination here and I've been saying it for years.  We probably do have the best athletes in the district hands down, but you can't teach desire nor can you teach imagination.  38-0 is unacceptable in my book, so blame has to fall somewhere...it's just that simple.  :-\

Guest ECBucFan
Oh heck yeah. EC -AP is a rivalry, just like EC - HF is. Anytime you have similar schools with geographically connected attendance boundaries there will be a rivalry. I like EC vs. HF, or HJ, or AP. I wish we could play BH, and I would like to see EC vs. Liberty, too. 

I agree. The Bucs are getting better each game, making the necessary adjustments in all aspects of the game depending on the weaknesses of the other teams or the strengths of ours. And it's not that the community is not behind them in that there are not a lot of posts about them, it's that we don't want to jinx them, or give the other team locker room fodder. We are 100% behind the Bucs and have faith in their abilities and in the coaches. Go Bucs!

Guest ECBucFan
Well siad, Spitz!

Some people got a bit discouraged when the Bucs went 0-2[u] to start with[/u], but everyone [i]should [/i] have realized a new system was being put in place. Clearly, the players are becoming more famailiar with the new system, and its paying off big time.

Coach Russ & staff are doing an outstanding job! Go Bucs!  8)

This is why sometimes I hate even getting on here.  It doesn't matter if it's Anahuac, Warren, West Brook, or Nederland, if a team loses or performs badly, it's the coaches fault.  Sometimes it is, no doubt, but if the personnel you have aren't performing, you lose.  Adjustments can be and should be made true, but it still comes down to personnel.  Anahuac has lost their D1 runner to injury, their starting QB to injury (re: no passing game) and are basically relying on 2 players to get the job done.  We played them tough for 2 1/2 quarters last week and if we would have been able to stop those 2 guys in the 3rd quarter, it would have been a nailbiter till the end.  We didn't, EC did.  Congrats to EC, work harder AP, playoffs are still yours for the taking.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder