West Hardin vs. Lovelady Game Thread/Lovelady wins!

How did #28 (Sherman, I think)do? Lovelady has always been tough at their place. West Sabine went there last year 7-1 and left 7-2 after getting beat 41-13. This district is wide open. I know it's just a win over Colmesneil(for West Sabine, 63-20), but I got the sense that a sleeping giant was awakened in Pineland tonight, so I thought I'd put District 11 on notice!

Lovelady didn't really play smash mouth football, they were more finesse!  The Oilers had numerous fumbles, horrible penalties - some warrented & some very bogus, dropped passes, missed blocks, we couldn't tackle anyone & our own players were fighting & arguing with themselves.  It almost looked like they were deflated after LL's 3rd TD. 

I've talked about how the Oilers were playing like a TEAM this season; tonight the Prima Donnas came out.  They either weren't getting the ball or a missed tackle wasn't their fault & BLAH BLAH BLAH! 

It was probably the saddest day in my Oiler history as a fan to watch!

How do you expect to win a game when first you don't tackle, secondly you give the Lions the ball on the West Hardin side of the field probably 7 out of the 10+ TD's they had???

I'll always be one of the Oilers biggest supporters, but tonight I AM ASHAMED to have wittnessed that game!

Congrats to the Lions players & coaches, good luck the rest of the way out.

Also, to answer Pinelandflash's question, #28 looked fantastic.  He wasn't as fast as I thought he'd be, but he was very elusive.  He literally made some of our defenders look stupid out there.  #22 is someone else to watch, he's fast.  #5 is a dual threat player & fast.

Final note, we did sustain some injuries to key players, hopefully their minor and will be back for West Sabine coming up.

Like I said. Lovelady is better than last year, especially on offense. Several ways to score through the air and on the ground. 43 points in one quarter maybe a record. West Hardin has not played anyone on that level this year. I hope no one was hurt too bad. Good luck the rest of the way.

Well, the question now becomes... Does West Hardin come back to playing "TEAM" football or is that it, fall apart once and their done?

If the Prima Donna attitudes still exist next week against West Sabine, then expect another blowout.  If they rebound and learn from their mistakes at Lovelady, then the skies the limit.

We'll see Friday night in Saratoga.

[quote name="Joharr73" post="1077532" timestamp="1318119002"]
Well, the question now becomes... Does West Hardin come back to playing "TEAM" football or is that it, fall apart once and their done?

If the Prima Donna attitudes still exist next week against West Sabine, then expect another blowout.  If they rebound and learn from their mistakes at Lovelady, then the skies the limit.

We'll see Friday night in Saratoga.
[/quote]Sorry to hear about the lose and the injuries, I hate to hear of any kids getting hurt if you could give me there names I would like to put them on our prayer list at church.  Keep your spirits up and pray hard, play hard.  Good luck next week

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    nanoflowcell
    Newest Member
    nanoflowcell