LIBERTY VS TARKINGTON PREDICTIONS????

[quote name="idk" post="1074810" timestamp="1317920383"]
offensively Liberty is just as good as their district championship competitors.

Really!!! Liberty couldn't carry Coldspring bags to the game for them, come on, I'm not even from Coldspring but that was a little bit out there. Liberty wishes they were as good as Coldspring on offense, if you were you would of been able to score enough to beat Huffman.
[/quote]

were you at the game? obviously not.. if liberty's o played liberty's d they put up 60..

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

were you at the game? obviously not.. if liberty's o played liberty's d they put up 60..

If I remember right, your offense only put up 20 points on Huffman's Defense, I wouldn't say that is burning up the field with offensive productivity. What is Coldspring average scoring point per game 50+.

All I am saying is that Liberty is a solid team, but I get on here and read about how great Liberty is. Just be real about it, you are solid, but not in the same league as Coldspring. I think the best you can do in district is 3rd, that is if Cleveland doesn't beat you, So quit telling the world how great you are and go out and prove it.

None of these randoms were at the game, Liberty scored 20, dropped a wide open touchdown, and fumbled the ball 3 times. They also had a 45 yd run called back, and 1 interception ( the 1st legitamate one thrown all year) I know those are all part of the game but at their full potential, yes they are just as good as Huffman's offense. And as far as CS, I just said their offense can compete with theirs, doesn't necessarily mean they can do good against CS defense. This thread is about Tarkington and Liberty and all you randoms were saying Tarkington will D them up when they wont.

[quote name="idk" post="1074843" timestamp="1317922923"]

If I remember right, your offense only put up 20 points on Huffman's Defense, I wouldn't say that is burning up the field with offensive productivity. What is Coldspring average scoring point per game 50+.

All I am saying is that Liberty is a solid team, but I get on here and read about how great Liberty is. Just be real about it, you are solid, but not in the same league as Coldspring. I think the best you can do in district is 3rd, that is if Cleveland doesn't beat you, So quit telling the world how great you are and go out and prove it.
[/quote]
No one said we were great. We said, Tarkington (the weakest team in 1-3A in texas) would not D us up at all even for a second. And to prove my point I posted our offensive statistics, which are better than the other teams in our district, and yes Liberty had a weak schedule but so did Huffman you had one good team and I went to the game, they weren't the Green Bay Packers.

[quote name="idk" post="1074843" timestamp="1317922923"]

[/quote]

if ur gonna quote my comments respond to me cuz i didn't say any of that guy.. btw, 22-3a.. i believe liberty is in the same "league" as cs along with tarkington an the rest.. haha. btw, liberty had 346 yds. against huffman.. fair amount of "productivity" if u ask me.

[quote name="SetX6" post="1074850" timestamp="1317923173"]
None of these randoms were at the game, Liberty scored 20, dropped a wide open touchdown, and fumbled the ball 3 times. They also had a 45 yd run called back, and 1 interception ( the 1st legitamate one thrown all year) I know those are all part of the game but at their full potential, yes they are just as good as Huffman's offense. And as far as CS, I just said their offense can compete with theirs, doesn't necessarily mean they can do good against CS defense. This thread is about Tarkington and Liberty and all you randoms were saying Tarkington will D them up when they wont.
[/quote]

Hey buddy Liberty lost 1 fumble in that game not 3 and Huffman had 1 pic as well as way more pentalty yards. The game was 28-7 for most of the second half. You didn't even score again until there were 5 min left in the 4th when Huffman was already celebrating a win lol. Your offence is not as good as Huffman, more than half of all your yard came from jones. He is your offence. Atleast Huffman has multiple weapons.

I could also say that last year (When Liberty went to the playoffs) Shepherd had them beat and lost a fumble on the 2 yard line (going in for another score). At that point if Shepherd would of scored with time running out Liberty would of lost that game. If memory serves me right. So is it good for me to say that Shepherd gave Liberty a gift to go to the playoffs. Nope, so all that crap about Should-of Would-of doesn't matter and neither does the 346 yards of offense, I don't think that is what they go by how many yards of offense a team has to decied who goes to the playoffs. That would be W's. Liberty can get on here and tell the world about there offense and dream whatever they wish. Go win against Coldspring or Huffman if you want anyone to take you serious in this district.

[quote name="falconfanatic" post="1074897" timestamp="1317925672"]
[quote author=SetX6 link=topic=89245.msg1074850#msg1074850 date=1317923173]
[/quote]

Hey buddy Liberty lost 1 fumble in that game not 3 and Huffman had 1 pic as well as way more pentalty yards. The game was 28-7 for most of the second half. You didn't even score again until there were 5 min left in the 4th when Huffman was already celebrating a win lol. Your offence is not as good as Huffman, more than half of all your yard came from jones. He is your offence. Atleast Huffman has multiple weapons.
[/quote]

no, ya'll just played a terrible secondary. which is why this is the first time anyone on ya'lls team has actually stood out. but i'm thru before it even gets started.

[quote name="idk" post="1074907" timestamp="1317926622"]
I could also say that last year (When Liberty went to the playoffs) Shepherd had them beat and lost a fumble on the 2 yard line (going in for another score). At that point if Shepherd would of scored with time running out Liberty would of lost that game. If memory serves me right. So is it good for me to say that Shepherd gave Liberty a gift to go to the playoffs. Nope, so all that crap about Should-of Would-of doesn't matter and neither does the 346 yards of offense, I don't think that is what they go by how many yards of offense a team has to decied who goes to the playoffs. That would be W's. Liberty can get on here and tell the world about there offense and dream whatever they wish. Go win against Coldspring or Huffman if you want anyone to take you serious in this district.
[/quote]

the 346 was in reply to your lack of productivity comment but i guess you couldn't follow. as for the fumble, nobody hit him to cause the fumble he just dropped it right? anyways. liberty has 4 w's and 1 l.. point?

[quote name="UTEPminer" post="1074944" timestamp="1317929893"]
[quote author=falconfanatic link=topic=89245.msg1074897#msg1074897 date=1317925672]
[/quote]

[/quote]

no, ya'll just played a terrible secondary. which is why this is the first time anyone on ya'lls team has actually stood out. but i'm thru before it even gets started.
[/quote]

Before the game started all I remember hearing was how good Liberty's D was all this we only gave up 7 points throught three game garbage. It is amazing how quickly they went from great to terrible. ::)

[quote name="falconfanatic" post="1074954" timestamp="1317930416"]
[quote author=UTEPminer link=topic=89245.msg1074944#msg1074944 date=1317929893]
[quote author=falconfanatic link=topic=89245.msg1074897#msg1074897 date=1317925672]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Before the game started all I remember hearing was how good Liberty's D was all this we only gave up 7 points throught three game garbage. It is amazing how quickly they went from great to terrible. ::)
[/quote]

if u re-read my comment i said we have a terrible SECONDARY.. not D.. think it helped huffmans cause that our safety tore his acl, our lb was ruled ineligible.. (huffman voted against btw) and one starting corner had to moved to lb due to atb. just saying. still believe liberty will finish second in district and get to the second round. sue me. you have to admit tho, ya'll did nothing special, scoring basically only on vert's that went right over a corner who was turned toward the wr waving his hands like his hair was on fire.. sad to watch. COACHING.

UTE, talk about someone not being able to follow what is being said, I got the point about the yards that Liberty put up, did you miss my point about how loosing a fumble, int. doesn't matter and doesn't make loosing any better. The POINT started when someone said Liberty's  offense was as good as Coldspring. And to that POINT it all depends on who you are playing. POINT TAKEN!!!!

Then POINTS were make as to why Liberty lost the game to Huffman, Why can't Liberty just say Huffman was a better team on that Night instead of making excuses as to why you lost the game. Now back to the topic.

I say Tarkington in an upset. 35-10!!!

[quote name="idk" post="1074962" timestamp="1317931045"]
UTE, talk about someone not being able to follow what is being said, I got the point about the yards that Liberty put up, did you miss my point about how loosing a fumble, int. doesn't matter and doesn't make loosing any better. The POINT started when someone said Liberty's  offense was as good as Coldspring. And to that POINT it all depends on who you are playing. POINT TAKEN!!!!

Then POINTS were make as to why Liberty lost the game to Huffman, Why can't Liberty just say Huffman was a better team on that Night instead of making excuses as to why you lost the game. Now back to the topic.

[b]I say Tarkington in an upset. 35-10!!![/b]
[/quote]

an that is why no one takes u seriously. ask the huffman fans. i have admitted that huffman was the better team that night. as for the rest my response is simply "ok" no need to argue with you

In order to throw the ball downfield over a weak corner and/or safety, dont you have to protect? Which means that Liberty's D is not all that as previously stated on the Liberty-Huffman post.
All Liberty does is throw 3 or 4 yard routes in the flats... And didn't this 'potent' offense give up something like 8 sacks? Wasn't the Huffman kid SETX defensive player of the week because of Liberty's offense?

With that being said, good luck to both teams... Liberty by 14.

I wish Tarkington could and would beat Liberty.  I'm so sick of Liberty people getting on here and making excuses about losses.  Tarkington is in a tough district and they have absolutely no size.  I feel really bad for those kids.  They have to take a beating nearly every week.  It is not because they don't work hard. 

They guy that compared Liberty's offense to Coldsprings must be out of his mind.  That would mean Liberty has a State Championship caliber offense.  Well I tell you what at the end of the season they will get to test that offense against a State championship caliber defense.  I can't wait to hear the excuses when it doesnt work out so well for ya. 

Guest beechnut
[quote name="pirates" post="1074704" timestamp="1317912486"]
Where is gorilla, porter playa, socrates?  love to hear gorilla's logic more than most!!!
[/quote]

Good luck to Tarkington and keep you heads up.

Coldspring, we know, is state championship caliber. Huffman always fields a good team, & Liberty & Cleveland have potential. Tarkington has no size, no speed, no Larrys or Joes. But this year their freshmen played with CS & beat Liberty's JV. The MS teams have won or competed every week. I'm wishing this football program a big turn-around, & that in a year or two a thread with Tarkington in it will have real meaning & not just be full of ridicule.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder