COldspring vs. Livingston

If coldspring and Livingston were to play who would win??  

68 members have voted

1. 1. If coldspring and Livingston were to play who would win??

• Coldspring trojans
    • Livingston lions

Not sure because I haven't had the opportunity to see much of the Lions except for highlights here and there the last couple of years but I do know our little league teams have more than held their own against them the last few years.....

And as luck would have it Coldspring (5-6, 7-8, 9-10, & 11-12 yr old divisions) will be playing Livingston @ Coldspring highschool this Saturday starting at 12:30pm....I'm going to say the group of 5-6 yr olds will continue beating Livingston just like we have recently... ;)

Last year I think they had 30+ kids to our 15 and we still handled them (twice) fairly easily....

They'll probably be the best team we play this year so I'm interested to see how this years games go....They have some really good players but our team speed has been the difference the last few times we played....

The games are always very good across the board...Livingston always seems to have really good turnout when they come to Coldspring...Anyone in the area who isn't busy ought to come out and support youth football!

I'm going with Coldspring in this one. Only seen Highlights of Livingston, and they are truly for Real; but the Coldspring Trojans are firing on all 8 cylinders and want a return trip to Title Town and the Lions are in their way. No matter who wins, it won't come easy. Good Luck  to both squads.

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="Newtonjb" post="1068118" timestamp="1317185573"]
I'm going with Coldspring in this one. Only seen Highlights of Livingston, and they are truly for Real; but the Coldspring Trojans are firing on all 8 cylinders and want a return trip to Title Town and the Lions are in their way. No matter who wins, it won't come easy. Good Luck  to both squads.
[/quote]

Coldspring playing Livingston???  When???  Where???

[quote name="tigersvoice" post="1068138" timestamp="1317205061"]
[quote author=Newtonjb link=topic=88893.msg1068118#msg1068118 date=1317185573]
[/quote]

Coldspring playing Livingston???  When???  Where???
[/quote] :) :) :) :) :) :)

[quote name="Newtonjb" post="1068118" timestamp="1317185573"]
[/quote] :) :) :) :) :) :)

[quote name="texaggies07" post="1068574" timestamp="1317253878"]
Need to lobby Coach Barbay for this game and a game against Dayton next year!!
[/quote]Stay in you league. Coldspring is good, but stop dreaming. Come back to reality my friend. I have supported Coldspring for 30 Years and still do but I don't know what you are smoking!! You have completely lost it. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D 

Normally you are right but what you don't know is Coldspring has played the same kids since they was young in Football, Basketball, and Baseball. So, they are not scared of the "big school" and if they played would be a win/win for Coldspring even if they lost or if the game was close. Livingston would have nothing to gain by playing them except to know where they are week at. Coldspring by 6 only because we struggle with the extra point.

[quote name="Trocket" post="1068698" timestamp="1317264139"]
[quote author=texaggies07 link=topic=88893.msg1068574#msg1068574 date=1317253878]
Need to lobby Coach Barbay for this game and a game against Dayton next year!!
[/quote]Stay in you league. Coldspring is good, but stop dreaming. Come back to reality my friend. I have supported Coldspring for 30 Years and still do but I don't know what you are smoking!! You have completely lost it. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
[/quote]

I don't think so partner.  I played in Coldspring the years we played LaMarque and yeah they beat us, but they were also 4A state champions. Livingston and Dayton I don't believe are state title contenders in 4A.  So I do think it would be very competitive and that we could win.  No I'm not smoking nothing either. 

[quote name="captredass" post="1068808" timestamp="1317301950"]
Coldspring by 6 only because we struggle with the extra point.
[/quote]

Extra points aren't a problem this year unless they're letting someone other than #75 Dunham kick them...Years past extra points (when not going for 2) have been somewhat of an adventure but it doesn't look to be that way this year...

There'd be lots of places I'd look for mismatches before I'd be worried about the extra point...

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder