Nederland Offense

football04

Hopefully the Nederland offense will get on track this week, they just seemed like the timeing was off just a littlle. I would like to see Colton Kimler involved more on the offensive side of the ball, kid is a play maker. Also, I can never figure out why we doen't use our TE more, seems like a big capable athlete, TE 's get 1st downs and we never throw to ours. Over all we're not to bad considering how young we are, as they say, on offense you have to get into a rythem or find your rythem hopfully we're not to far off from finding ours, maybe friday night  it will show up.    Just my 2cents      Gotta give credit to the defenses we have faced WOS, BH and Vidor where all stout defenses  and I'm sure PNG's will be ready also, with that said  Ned  31    PNG  21

I agree but the running game did pretty good against Vidor.  I would like to seem more of Colton also.  Good hands, size and hard to bring down too. Seems like he was not on the field as much against Vidor?  I feel good about what the offense can do against PNG.  I hope the defense has an answer for PNG's passing game; I feel they should be able to handle their running game.  We will see!!!!

The line blocking for the spread is different than your offense that you are running today. All but one of the linemen are new so everything they have been learning has gone away. They are learning how to lock up on the defensive linemen and when they get it down then you will see some major running lanes open up. We have three good running backs they will get their yards!

I would like to see a return of the wild dog every now and then. It has been pretty effective. On the flip side of that, our running game has gotten better every week so gotta stick with what's working. As far as the passing game goes, you have to give credit to vidors defensive backs. I'm not sure another team has blanketed our receivers that consistently. Offensive line is doing a heck of a job run blocking. I'd like to see more improvement on our run defense to the outside. We give up big yards on the corners. DBs will need to step up big this week..

[quote name="GoDogs27" post="1067313" timestamp="1317097501"]
Believe me. Barrow has a lot up his sleeve. No reason to waste it yet or get too fancy.

[glow=red,2,300]p.s. wasn't Sonnier #9 too? He was a beast at the Wild Dog..[/glow][/quote]Yeah godogs27  Trev was #9 but he is not a babe ruth kid so I can see how he was overlooked ;).He only had 24 T.Ds out of the wild dog..and 4 of those against them lil indian boys last year ;D

I was glad to see Nederland find some offense in the second half and get the win, we could have put this game away earlier if we would have kept running off tackle, they never had an answer for the outside running attack.
I still say Colton Kimler needs to be on the field more on offense and needs more touches.  JMO

[quote name="football04" post="1070916" timestamp="1317479808"]
  I was glad to see Nederland find some offense in the second half and get the win, we could have put this game away earlier if we would have kept running off tackle, they never had an answer for the outside running attack.
I still say[glow=red,2,300] Colton Kimler [/glow] needs to be on the field more on offense and needs more touches.  JMO
[/quote]The kid is good..But I believe Monte has a plan..Nederland looked good last night ..Carson getting better every week..Troy had his best game this year and last year..IMO

[quote name="football04" post="1070916" timestamp="1317479808"]
I still say Colton Kimler needs to be on the field more on offense and needs more touches.  JMO
[/quote]

No doubt. He should have 10+ touches /game. I always found it easier to complete a pass to a 6'1" rec vs. A 5'8" receiver. Why is he not being used more ?

Nederland needs to improve their passing game to get past Livingston this Friday. They've got speedy receivers which Livingston may be able to cover. Kilmer could be the answer across the middle and in the Red Zone. At 6'1"-170#s, I'm sure Raines' accuracy would improve drastically. He's made big catches all year, but was barely used against PNG. Does anyone  know if he was completely healthy Friday night?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder