Livingston @ Central 9/30/11 predictions...

BMTSoulja1

Its not very often you have as much talent and speed in a backfield as Livingston does at one time on the field. You can't just focus on one running back and design your D to stop him. You have to focus on 4 in the back field with speed. Their big back is a Earl Campbell type back. Can't just hit him and expect him to go down. Have to go with Livingston in another close game. 

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="pngfan66" post="1066469" timestamp="1317040479"]
Its not very often you have as much talent and speed in a backfield as Livingston does at one time on the field. You can't just focus on one running back and design your D to stop him. You have to focus on 4 in the back field with speed. Their big back is a Earl Campbell type back. Can't just hit him and expect him to go down. Have to go with Livingston in another close game.
[/quote]This is the same Livinston team from last year, so, I'm aware of what they can do.  This Livingston team have played teams on their schedule and beat them handily.  PN-G was their toughest test and they battled back and forth.  Late fumbles doomed PN-G.  This tells me that Livingston is starting to reach the 'Meat' of their schedule.  Games from this point forward will be tougher for these guys.  Not saying that they will not be up for the challenge.  I'm saying they won't be able to just rip up and down the field on anyone so easily anymore.  Also, their defense is still not good.  I've said from the begining of the season and every week on the HS preview show that all they need is Mediocrity on defense, and sky is the limit for this Lion team.

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1066525" timestamp="1317045270"]
[quote author=raider44 link=topic=88796.msg1066518#msg1066518 date=1317044979]
Central! I believe Coach Wash & Tony's offense get it together and Fontenot and the defense pull this one out this week.
[/quote]Larry, Curley, and Mo?  ::)
[/quote]
Have Faith!

[quote name="raider44" post="1066531" timestamp="1317045551"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=88796.msg1066525#msg1066525 date=1317045270]
Central! I believe Coach Wash & Tony's offense get it together and Fontenot and the defense pull this one out this week.
[/quote]
Have Faith!
[/quote]I do, but it's sometimes painful to watch.  I've been to all 4 games and see the same thing every single week. 

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1066535" timestamp="1317045658"]
[quote author=raider44 link=topic=88796.msg1066531#msg1066531 date=1317045551]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=88796.msg1066525#msg1066525 date=1317045270]
[/quote]
Have Faith!
[/quote]I do, but it's sometimes painful to watch.  I've been to all 4 games and see the same thing every single week.
[/quote]
I've only been to 1 this year but i was on the sideline and saw first hand what i think your referring to in situations. The necessary adjustments (and play calls) can and i believe will be made throughout the course of the rest of the season.

Livingston is a very good. They can be beat. We could have beat them, but we didn't play mistake free ball. They did, except for the personal fouls. Don't know what that was all about. I haven't followed Central, but will have to say that they will have to be on the top of they're game. As for as speed, that isn't what killed us this week or the in the previous games. It is called wrapping up and bringing down the runner. If Central can wrap up and hold on then they have a chance. "Bull" is a BIG runner. Jags are going to have to gang tackle. Livingston defense is better than what people think. Probably not the best in the district, but not bad. They have alot of speed. Good Luck Jags!!

[quote name="Trocket" post="1066695" timestamp="1317057950"]
[quote author=FSU24 link=topic=88796.msg1066680#msg1066680 date=1317057195]
Why do they call their Fullback "Bull" ???
[/quote]Because that's the type of back he is, but what people don't realize is, he has the footwork and speed of a 180 pound back. :D :D :D :D :D
[/quote]I've seen him.  He's a load.  You have to get to him before he gets a full head of steam. 

[quote name="FrodoNDN" post="1066576" timestamp="1317048505"]
Livingston is a very good. They can be beat. We could have beat them, but we didn't play mistake free ball. They did, except for the personal fouls. Don't know what that was all about. I haven't followed Central, but will have to say that they will have to be on the top of they're game. As for as speed, that isn't what killed us this week or the in the previous games. It is called wrapping up and bringing down the runner. If Central can wrap up and hold on then they have a chance. "Bull" is a BIG runner. Jags are going to have to gang tackle. Livingston defense is better than what people think. Probably not the best in the district, but not bad. They have alot of speed. Good Luck Jags!!
[/quote]You are right, we knew PNG could beat us, that why I'm glad we are past that game. The personal fouls was just that they were so pumped up for this game, they're not a dirty team, but they won't back down from anyone. I hated to see those fouls too, but the settled down after halftime. The only thing about stopping THE BULL is: if one don't get you the other ones will, and they have 4 more backs who could start on any team in 20=4A or 19-4A (believe me). And you are right their defense is better than a lot of people think, I knew the talent was their, I was concern if they would play the right player on defense. They still have a few options to make the defense stronger if they choose to. They probably not the best defense I agree.

[quote name="Trocket" post="1066695" timestamp="1317057950"]
[quote author=FSU24 link=topic=88796.msg1066680#msg1066680 date=1317057195]
Why do they call their Fullback "Bull" ???
[/quote]Because that's the type of back he is, but what people don't realize is, he has the footwork and speed of a 180 pound back. :D :D :D :D :D
[/quote]

He reminds me of Jerome Bettis. Very good footwork of a large running back. On the long touchdown run he was determined to run over anyone in his way, and he did!!!

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1066512" timestamp="1317044754"]
[quote author=pngfan66 link=topic=88796.msg1066469#msg1066469 date=1317040479]
[/quote]This is the same Livinston team from last year, so, I'm aware of what they can do.  This Livingston team have played teams on their schedule and beat them handily.  PN-G was their toughest test and they battled back and forth.  Late fumbles doomed PN-G.  This tells me that Livingston is starting to reach the 'Meat' of their schedule.  Games from this point forward will be tougher for these guys.  Not saying that they will not be up for the challenge.  I'm saying they won't be able to just rip up and down the field on anyone so easily anymore.  Also, their defense is still not good.  I've said from the begining of the season and every week on the HS preview show that all they need is Mediocrity on defense, and sky is the limit for this Lion team.
[/quote]Soulja1, I know where you coming from, that's good, it is to be expected. But stop thinking with your heart and think with your mind. (1) This is not the same team: these are our Soph class from last year, who are a year older, who have reloaded the positions that the seniors held with better atheletes. They are lead by last years Juniors who have become seniors. They used their pre-season schedule to prepare every player on the varsity for district. If they had put the line up on the field they used against PNG against those other teams the score would been horrible. You don't know this team, I hope you are there Friday Night, so you can make a better judgement about Livingston and your Team. We're not Mediocrity on defense, Not great, but I believe you could say good and still working to be better. I can't wait to see how our offense respond to that great defense you all have. But for right now, I'll just sit back and sip on my GREEN KOOL AID and see if you all say enough for coach Rowe to turn loose those LIONS on THAT GREAT DEFENSE. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

[quote name="Trocket" post="1067026" timestamp="1317081336"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=88796.msg1066512#msg1066512 date=1317044754]
[/quote]Soulja1, I know where you coming from, that's good, it is to be expected. But stop thinking with your heart and think with your mind. (1) This is not the same team: these are our Soph class from last year, who are a year older, who have reloaded the positions that the seniors held with better atheletes. They are lead by last years Juniors who have become seniors. They used their pre-season schedule to prepare every player on the varsity for district. If they had put the line up on the field they used against PNG against those other teams the score would been horrible. You don't know this team, I hope you are there Friday Night, so you can make a better judgement about Livingston and your Team. We're not Mediocrity on defense, Not great, but I believe you could say good and still working to be better. I can't wait to see how our offense respond to that great defense you all have. But for right now, I'll just sit back and sip on my GREEN KOOL AID and see if you all say enough for coach Rowe to turn loose those LIONS on THAT GREAT DEFENSE. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
[/quote]As I've said before, If yall's defense can even play mediocre, sky is the limit for this Lions team.  Yes, I'll be there and I'll make a fair assessment, and give props. 

BTW, don't think that I'm calling Livingston sorry.  I was one of the one that  said Livingston would be strong this year with all those young guns comming back. 

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1067045" timestamp="1317083154"]
[quote author=Trocket link=topic=88796.msg1067026#msg1067026 date=1317081336]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=88796.msg1066512#msg1066512 date=1317044754]
[/quote]As I've said before, If yall's defense can even play mediocre, sky is the limit for this Lions team.  Yes, I'll be there and I'll make a fair assessment, and give props. 

BTW, don't think that I'm calling Livingston sorry.  I was one of the one that  said Livingston would be strong this year with all those young guns comming back.
[/quote]I remember you saying so. ;D ;D ;D ;D Just didn't want you to think this was the same team. :) :) :) :) :) :) :) 

Livingston 65
Central 12

Central came to THE JUNGLE last year with their Senior team and  barely beat our Soph team who we didn't expect to win but hoped they would gain experience. Those young kids really wanted that game and they haven't forgotten. I was disappointed that Central team didn't go deeper in the playoff having all those seniors. Well for the next 2 or 3 years you can get ready for your beat down. By the middle of the 3rd quarter the game will be over, our 2nd and 3rd string running backs will be in the game. They will score at least 2 touchdowns before the 4th quarter. We will have to put in our 2nd string Defense and Offense to keep the score down, then you all will score 2 touchdowns.

Ha ha!!  Yall are a funny bunch.  Really?  65 points?  Yall are good but come on.  65 points with a run orientated defense?  What kind of logic is that?  I guess that beating PN-G was y'all super bowl as the Polk News stated Livingston may have played the best team on their schedule.  Man, 7:30 isn't getting here fast enough. 

[quote name="jwadams19" post="1069469" timestamp="1317387729"]
Speed alone will not stop the Slot-T Offense that Livingston Runs.  You have to have discipline to counter the misdirection and better than good linebacker play. 

Livingston 42
Central 7
[/quote]The same team put up  only 21 points last year at their house.  NOW, you mean to tell me they will score these astronomical numbers on us, at our turf?  Our only lopsided loss have been to PA Memorial, who I think will run anyone out of the stadium, including Livingston.  As I've said before, this game will be a really good game to watch.  I won't be suprised at all if either team wins by less than a TD.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder