Who has the best baseball field in the area?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Since the hurricane Nederland has improved their fieldIt looks nice and i know since they played on it last year and since babe ruth's older guys play on it they have found minor problems... which i think they were working on improving. so we are anxious to see how it goes this year.

Vidor has also invested alot of money on their baseball program. im not too sure about the field but i have heard numerous stories about their indoor batting and pitching equiptment and stuff...it should be coming up within the next year or two.

Guest Orangeboy

New Caney has the best field. There's no competition.

They just lack are large scoreboard, was there a couple years ago and that popcorn size scoreboard looked kinda silly out there. Awesome field though.

Guest Orangeboy

Well, i'm just a fan, so i'll have to go with HJ. You can pull your truck out behind center field, talk a little smack to the outfielders, and tailgate without paying a dime.

Sounds like those HJ fans lack a little class huh?

We played on the New Caney field last year.  It has the nicest baseball playing surface in the area.  Barbers Hill's field is pretty good also.  Woodville's field is very nice also with sunken dugouts and the way the bleachers are built. It is a great place to watch a ball game.  It is a wonderful legacy to Sheriff Gary Hennigan.  Everytime I'm there it brings back fond memories.

i've always liked Ronnie Anderson Park at wos.  the large covered stands behind home plate.  plenty of room for lawn chairs and standing room down the baselines.  the train tracks behind left field and the tall fences in the outfield.  does anyone know how high the fences are in the outfield at wos?  i think they are at least 8-9 feet high.

In my opinion, Silsbee has a great baseball field. They have a new fence, new scoreboard, new home dugout, new batting facility. Coach Trahan has done a great job in getting that complex to look good. Four years ago that place was just a swamp with a fence around it! I think they have a few new projects for this upcoming year (landscaping, etc.). It is beginning to have a great atmosphere for baseball.

Maybe I'm wrong but it seems like more time and money is going into baseball fields and basketball gyms in Southeast Texas than any other sport.

That could be true.  If it is, it may be because they lagged so far back in money spent for so long.

Guest pirates

That could be true.  If it is, it may be because they lagged so far back in money spent for so long.

Have you hit it on the head....

It's an ongoing battle to get money for Baseball and other spring sports.  I know for a fact that the only money spent on Vidor's field before this year was new lights about 8 years ago.  The only reason that they did it then was because the UIL came in and said "no more night games".

Now as far as this year.. the district paid for new backstop, indoor hitting and pitching facility and a new sprinkler system, and the admistration was dragged screaming and fighting all the way.  Good to have some pro athletic Board Members and a good Athletic Director.

Vidor's field has been being worked on all winter.

They have a new brick backstop, net instead of fence behind home plate, 1st and 3rd baselines are done in turf as well as around home plate area....new dirt on the infield and a new mound.....

Very nice field this year...will be ready by season

It will be nice

We played on the New Caney field last year.  It has the nicest baseball playing surface in the area.  Barbers Hill's field is pretty good also.  Woodville's field is very nice also with sunken dugouts and the way the bleachers are built. It is a great place to watch a ball game.  It is a wonderful legacy to Sheriff Gary Hennigan.  Everytime I'm there it brings back fond memories.

;D Thank you for the comment!  The ball parks in Woodville is a great legacy of my Father!  I feel that the whole complex will get even better in the next few years.  People here in Tyler County believe in what the park brings and means to the community.  We will always remember and look forward to more great memories at Hennigan Park.

As for Da Bears, Brenham is always a great place to play. Whether is be Fireman's or Blinn, they are both nice. Also, I know this isnt in the area, but a few years ago LCM played a series in Columbus I believe. They had a real nice field with sunken dugouts I want to say.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder