Evadale vs. West Hardin/Predictions?

oiler#3

I've said it before and I'll say it again, this is the most athletic Oiler team I've seen in recent years.  We've had plenty of single stars, but not an entire team full of them.  West Hardin started out pretty sloppy against Kountze, but started getting back to form later on.

Being that it's the Oiler Homecoming game, I see the Oilers taking care of the Rebels early.

WH - 36
Evadale - 8

[quote name="Joharr73" post="1060204" timestamp="1316392311"]
I've said it before and I'll say it again, this is the most athletic Oiler team I've seen in recent years.  We've had plenty of single stars, but not an entire team full of them.  West Hardin started out pretty sloppy against Kountze, but started getting back to form later on.

Being that it's the Oiler Homecoming game, I see the Oilers taking care of the Rebels early.

WH - 36
Evadale - 8
[/quote]
Great Comment! Totally agree! Those boys play as one. Its Amazing to see them in action. & They might have some trouble with Lovelady & West Sabine, But sorry H-D is no threat to our winning streak.

[quote name="raiderfan2010" post="1060819" timestamp="1316471260"]
Really excited about this match-up .. we (My Children and I) have always had our own rivalry going with Evadale... Although Devin isn't playing football this year ..... Can't wait to see a good game and see who the King and Queen will be
[/quote]

Queen could be yours!  ;D 

Just kidding!

Quick stats for the game:

Passing:
QB                      Yds     
WH-Ridge            479   
Eva - Williams      250     

Rushing:
RB                          Yds                          RB                  Yds   
WH - Caruthers      266                          Eva - Rawls        351 
WH - Doiron          234                          [u]Eva - Bruce        177      [/u]
WH - Ridge            148                                                  528         
WH - Palmer          142
WH - Lawson          125   
[u]WH - Kelly              88      [/u]

Receiving:
WR                    Yds                                WR                              Yds       
WH - Caruthers      195                              Eva - S. Totten            109       
WH - Patterson      141                              Eva - Conner                73
[u]WH - Harrington      129  [/u]                          [u]Eva - Bruce                  54    [/u]
                            465                                                              236     

Got these numbers from WOSGrad's Stat Thread --- Thanks Grad for putting these together.

[quote name="Joharr73" post="1060897" timestamp="1316478592"]
[quote author=raiderfan2010 link=topic=88458.msg1060819#msg1060819 date=1316471260]
Really excited about this match-up .. we (My Children and I) have always had our own rivalry going with Evadale... Although Devin isn't playing football this year ..... Can't wait to see a good game and see who the King and Queen will be
[/quote]

Shaking my head !  ;D

Just kidding!
[/quote]

[quote name="raiderfan2010" post="1061120" timestamp="1316521182"]
[quote author=Joharr73 link=topic=88458.msg1060897#msg1060897 date=1316478592]
[quote author=raiderfan2010 link=topic=88458.msg1060819#msg1060819 date=1316471260]
[/quote]

Shaking my head !  ;D

Just kidding!
[/quote]
[/quote]

Figured you'd smile about that!

[quote name="Kville_Kats" post="1061083" timestamp="1316517118"]
Stats are good to look at...Not picking on either team...I've seen teams lose where the RB had 300+ yds...Stats in one game are no good in another... Each game is a different game and a different situation...
[/quote]

Your right, it happened to Kounzte last Friday night.  I started posting those last week for a couple of fans that were beating their chests about their RB, I just wanted to show that where they had one, we had many.

Then my curiousity came out about how West Hardin & Evadale matched up so far.  I know some of the players like to see them.

The Rebel faithful, myself included have been pretty quiet on this one so far. I can say that the Oilers have had an impressive run in their first four games. It looks as though the Oilers will have something to say about who gets a playoff spot in their district.

We have enjoyed some great runs here in Evadale in the past four years. (I don't want to sound like HD55 here), but I have seen this years Rebel team show a great deal of character in their four games. This group of seniors has lost as many games this years as they have in any year of their high school careers and they really don't like the feeling, so I will go our on a limb and predict that the Rebels will spoil the Oilers homecoming on Friday night by the score of 20-14.

This will be the Rebels final game before they start district, just like WH, so I know that both teams will be looking to play hard, play smart and stay healthy as the important games are still to come.

I won't promise a win over Evadale at all, the Rebels are always a tough team to play.  Sould be an exciting game to watch, I hope all players are healthy and ready to go. 

Rebel Yeller, you sir, are a very classy man and it's been an honor to have met you before!  Good luck on the rest of your season!

Still say my Oilers win by two scores though!  ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder