BARBERS HILL VS DAYTON: THE OLD RIVER SHOOTOUT

How many points will the Broncos score on the Eagles?  

157 members have voted

1. 1. How many points will the Broncos score on the Eagles?

• 0 - 10
    • 10 - 20
    • 20 - 30
    • 30 -40
    • 40 -50
    • 50 +

[quote name="oldrock" post="1060115" timestamp="1316386559"]
It seems that our friends to the South have a better football team than they had last year.  They are 3 - 0 and are coming into this weeks game on a high note after beating Nederland.  On the other hand Dayton is coming in at 2 - 1 after a very good win over Aldine Eisenhower.  Our friends to the South obviously think that Dayton is not as strong as last year.  The truth is that Fort Bend Elkins, which is a solid 5A program, only loss is to Dayton.  The Broncos only loss is to Angleton, a ranked 4A and undefeated team, by only 8 points.  Finally they beat Eisenhower by 3 touchdowns and Eisenhower is not a bad 5A team. 

My piont is that Dayton is stronger than last year and should do as well, if not better, than last year.

Read into it what you want but I say Dayton is on a roll and it will not be easy to stop them.
[/quote]

From someone that has seen Dayton last year and this year, I believe Dayton is better this year. Last year we escaped with a 7 point win, but Dayton had a turnover issue in that one which definitely helped the Cats. This year Dayton seems to be protecting the ball much better and really had us on the ropes. They are a tough team to contain and should be that much better once they get that #1 Rb healthy. The Dayton defense was the only team to contain us so far, although it was just for 2 quarters, they were still solid. Don't know much about BH, but in anycase, know matter who wins this one Dayton is a lock for the playoffs and it sounds like BH has a great chance also. Good luck to both teams.

In other 4A top games this coming week, Angleton is visiting El Campo and that should be a good one. Dayton knows a little about El Campo also and how tough they are.

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="bh15" post="1059765" timestamp="1316360737"]
[quote author=Tyrone_Biggums link=topic=88383.msg1059113#msg1059113 date=1316281020]
[quote author=Mr. E link=topic=88383.msg1059100#msg1059100 date=1316279557]
Keep talking down on those BH LB's; just make sure Dayton's chinstraps are on tight come Friday night.
[/quote]

Nobody is talking down the BH LB's, in fact you brought it up.  There is one thing that you might have forgotten, you can't hit what you can't catch.
[/quote]All I keep seeing for the last three weeks is how we don't have any speed. Y'all keep thinking that. We have the smartest and fastest linebackers in 19 and 20 4A. Keep thinking our offensive line and running backs are slow too. That is the same thing our last three opponents have said. Look what happened to them. Just because you think our offense is boring compared to the spread don't be fooled. I'm picking BH 24
Day-10
[/quote]
For some reason this reminds me of Galena Park after they won their pre-season games last year. Remember when they were high on their horse after beating easy opponents? I will say it now, BH dont have the speed, talent or coaching to even hang within 2 scores of Dayton. Put the JV in after the half because this game is OVER!

[quote name="ATWILDCAT" post="1060166" timestamp="1316389597"]
[quote author=oldrock link=topic=88383.msg1060115#msg1060115 date=1316386559]
It seems that our friends to the South have a better football team than they had last year.  They are 3 - 0 and are coming into this weeks game on a high note after beating Nederland.  On the other hand Dayton is coming in at 2 - 1 after a very good win over Aldine Eisenhower.  Our friends to the South obviously think that Dayton is not as strong as last year.  The truth is that Fort Bend Elkins, which is a solid 5A program, only loss is to Dayton.  The Broncos only loss is to Angleton, a ranked 4A and undefeated team, by only 8 points.  Finally they beat Eisenhower by 3 touchdowns and Eisenhower is not a bad 5A team. 

My piont is that Dayton is stronger than last year and should do as well, if not better, than last year.

Read into it what you want but I say Dayton is on a roll and it will not be easy to stop them.
[/quote]

From someone that has seen Dayton last year and this year, I believe Dayton is better this year. Last year we escaped with a 7 point win, but Dayton had a turnover issue in that one which definitely helped the Cats. This year Dayton seems to be protecting the ball much better and really had us on the ropes. They are a tough team to contain and should be that much better once they get that #1 Rb healthy. The Dayton defense was the only team to contain us so far, although it was just for 2 quarters, they were still solid. Don't know much about BH, but in anycase, know matter who wins this one Dayton is a lock for the playoffs and it sounds like BH has a great chance also. Good luck to both teams.

In other 4A top games this coming week, Angleton is visiting El Campo and that should be a good one. Dayton knows a little about El Campo also and how tough they are.
[/quote]WILDCAT  I comend you for always posting fair and objective posts ! Angleton was the best team we played this year . The 5a teams we played were stacked with athletes and would say even deeper than Angleton ,but your overall coaching & conditioning made the difference ( reminds me of Dayton ) good luck against ElCampo a team that is always formible year in and year out .

I love how Dayton folks read post then flip them to make it look like BH doesn't know crap about Dayton and somehow we think they are weaker ;D ;D BH is fully aware of Dayton and the teams they have played and yes you had a stronger schedule by far, Yes it looks like Dayton is improved from last year and yes we remember the beat down from last year. With all of that said if you think your getting the same BH team of last year well your dead wrong! I feel like a broken record when having to remind the Dayton faithful that we were in a new system last year and hadn't even figured out all of our starters before last years contest!Compile that with some top players hurt and 8 turnovers not counting 100 yards in penalties and you have a 54-0 route by Dayton! Now if the stars would have been aligned last year we would have still lost as Dayton was solid. This year as I have said in may post BH will have to play lights out D along with mistake free ball and hope for some Dayton miscues in hopes of a BH win.

Now I see that the local Dayton internet company must be providing free internet to the trailer parks in Dayton again this year, but please keep your villiage idiots contained  8)

To be honest I don't even know why Barbers Hill fans talk down on Dayton so much? 2008 Dayton 46 Barbers Hill 13...
2009 Dayton 24 Barbers Hill 21...2010 Datyon 54 Barbers Hill 0...And in 2011 Dayton beat 2 very good teams that they didn't even beat last year when the score was 54-0, so I'm thinking Dayton wins this game by a lot this year.

[quote name="liltex" post="1060301" timestamp="1316399884"]
Dayt 1st 3=Elkins-Ang-Ike Broncos O avg 345 yds per gm    BH 1st 3=Sante Fe-Lumb-Ned O=260 yds per gm  Not just BH but all of 19-4a take notice the thundering purple herd gonna roll and get stronger every week ;)
[/quote]

I see you omitted the defensive stats ;D why don't you throw them up there when you get a chance? 8) The BH offense isn't high flying like Dayton if we get 300 yards against you then your done ;D

[quote name="BHFAN" post="1060327" timestamp="1316401076"]
[quote author=liltex link=topic=88383.msg1060301#msg1060301 date=1316399884]
Dayt 1st 3=Elkins-Ang-Ike Broncos O avg 345 yds per gm    BH 1st 3=Sante Fe-Lumb-Ned O=260 yds per gm  Not just BH but all of 19-4a take notice the thundering purple herd gonna roll and get stronger every week ;)
[/quote]

I see you omitted the defensive stats ;D why don't you throw them up there when you get a chance? 8) The BH offense isn't high flying like Dayton if we get 300 yards against you then your done ;D
[/quote]

Ok I'll help you out on the Defense ;D

BH through 3 games is allowing an average of 143 yards per game

Dayton through 3 games is allowing an average of 396.5 yards a game.

Nice D LOL ;D

[quote name="BHFAN" post="1060367" timestamp="1316402955"]
[quote author=BHFAN link=topic=88383.msg1060327#msg1060327 date=1316401076]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Nice D LOL ;D
[/quote]
They played very good 5A teams? You didn't. BH isn't going to compete they will get blown away and it will be 5 times as funny since you guys think Dayton isn't very good, go back to 2008 there was a guy who kept saying "dayton sucks" over and over again and look what Dayton did that year, you guys are hilarious.

[quote name="AOO7" post="1060369" timestamp="1316403063"]
[quote author=BHFAN link=topic=88383.msg1060367#msg1060367 date=1316402955]
[quote author=BHFAN link=topic=88383.msg1060327#msg1060327 date=1316401076]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Nice D LOL ;D
[/quote]
They played very good 5A teams? You didn't. BH isn't going to compete they will get blown away and it will be 5 times as funny since you guys think Dayton isn't very good, go back to 2008 there was a guy who kept saying "dayton sucks" over and over again and look what Dayton did that year, you guys are hilarious.
[/quote]

Two very good 5 A teams! You don't get out much do you ;D Ike is 1-3 and Elkins is 3-1 and Elkin is playing powder puff teams  ;D just because a team is 5A doesn't mean they are world beaters! I think Angleton showed you what they thought about your 5A teams ;D ;D Oh and the guy yelling "yelling Dayton Sucks" was an attempt to stir the pot ;D We know your good, but you guys always think that noone can beat you which untill you get at least one state trophy I don't see why 8)

GeeWiz BH fan on any given friday nite any team can be beat ! heck ask Crosby ~ But I wouldn;t bet the "bank" on  this  . Lets get real here ! Do you really think BH 's could compete with Angleton and the 5a teams Dayton played ?  let me answer for you 'NOT' ...  That being said I think BH is is a very good team and I expect a compettive game never the less , but if BH faulters one time then Dayton will explode and in the words of Pual Harvey ~"thats the rest of the story"      Looking foreward to hooking up with some BH babes with some pearly whites . ;D

first. all of the people that think bh isnt any better they are dead wrong. i can vouch for bh last year (since i was one of the hurt players on the side line during the bh dayton game) when i know for a fact we were still working the kinks out of the new system we had. BH is better this year but dayton is as well.

second go back to when bh was 3a we were playing 5a schools and private schools just as well and we were destroying them too so. the oh we played 5a teams in pre district doesnt hold water to me its pre district and kinks are still being worked out. i commend dayton for the pre district victories they were hard earned and deserved.

third i remember bh being counted out against galena park last year and we destroyed them even with all the haters and personally it was my favorite game (besides giving me the start of a bad ankle for the rest of the season) and we pulled the upset.

I see a very close smash mouth football game if bh manages to hold onto the ball and are secondary steps up and we can contain the outside. If we dont hold onto the ball i see dayton taking advantage of this and running up about at most 4 touchdowns on us. If we manage to control the ball i see us winning by 3 or 1 touchdown but dayton is gonna be a good opponent and i can see them beating us by a touchdown even if we are playing great. Its gonna be a great smash mouth game and i will be coming back from college just to see it because i think this could be one if not the game of the year. if dayton plays like they have been and bh makes mistakes it done but if bh plays like they need to it will be a close game. im on the fence on this one if bh plays good i can see it going either way by 7. if bh plays like they did in nederland than it will be a long dreadful night.

best of luck to both team but i am pulling for bh in this one. now get out there and play some hard nosed football!!!!

[quote name="liltex" post="1060382" timestamp="1316404789"]
Think I'll just watch the pic-ems and see what those unbiased posters think the winner will be ;D
[/quote]

Everyone will pick Dayton, there you don't have to wait ;D Still doesn't give you an automatic victory.

[quote name="jayhawk" post="1060374" timestamp="1316403940"]
GeeWiz BH fan on any given friday nite any team can be beat ! heck ask Crosby ~ But I wouldn;t bet the "bank" on  this  . Lets get real here ! Do you really think BH 's could compete with Angleton and the 5a teams Dayton played ?  let me answer for you 'NOT' ...  That being said I think BH is is a very good team and I expect a compettive game never the less , but if BH faulters one time then Dayton will explode and in the words of Pual Harvey ~"thats the rest of the story"      Looking foreward to hooking up with some BH babes with some pearly whites . ;D
[/quote]

Hey Jay watch the language (GeeWiz) ;D On any given night a team can win and i think Dayton proved that against Elkins ;D you play Elkins 10 more times and you might  lose 9 of them ;D Even if BH wins this game the Dayton folks will not allow it to be in their minds! After Crosby took it to you guys all i read afterwards was "Well you may have won one but we beat yall 40 times", "If we played 10 more times we would win 9" and other wonderful sayings that losers post ;D Hope you guys tear us a new like last year, so that you may have peace, but if you don't the crow post will be waiting for you after the game :) And just to clarify if i was betting money on this game i would bet on Dayton winning as the odds are stacked in our favor, but since I'm not putting any money on this game i think it is ok to think that we can compete with the Purple Ponies. You know kind of like you guys thinking you can compete in anything other than football  ;D ;D It could happen ,but i wouldn't bet on it 8)

[quote name="BHFAN" post="1060429" timestamp="1316435386"]
[quote author=jayhawk link=topic=88383.msg1060374#msg1060374 date=1316403940]
[/quote]

So what's the spread on this game?
Hey Jay watch the language (GeeWiz) ;D On any given night a team can win and i think Dayton proved that against Elkins ;D you play Elkins 10 more times and you might  lose 9 of them ;D Even if BH wins this game the Dayton folks will not allow it to be in their minds! After Crosby took it to you guys all i read afterwards was "Well you may have won one but we beat yall 40 times", "If we played 10 more times we would win 9" and other wonderful sayings that losers post ;D Hope you guys tear us a new like last year, so that you may have peace, but if you don't the crow post will be waiting for you after the game :) And just to clarify if i was betting money on this game i would bet on Dayton winning as the odds are stacked in our favor, but since I'm not putting any money on this game i think it is ok to think that we can compete with the Purple Ponies. You know kind of like you guys thinking you can compete in anything other than football  ;D ;D It could happen ,but i wouldn't bet on it 8)
[/quote]

[quote name="BHFAN" post="1060429" timestamp="1316435386"]
[quote author=jayhawk link=topic=88383.msg1060374#msg1060374 date=1316403940]
GeeWiz BH fan on any given friday nite any team can be beat ! heck ask Crosby ~ But I wouldn;t bet the "bank" on  this  . Lets get real here ! Do you really think BH 's could compete with Angleton and the 5a teams Dayton played ?  let me answer for you 'NOT' ...  [b]That being said I think BH is is a very good team and I expect a compettive game[/b] never the less , but if BH faulters one time then Dayton will explode and in the words of Pual Harvey ~"thats the rest of the story"      Looking foreward to hooking up with some BH babes with some pearly whites . ;D
[/quote]

[/quote]Really don't think I would have to eat that much crow cause I give BH more credit than most of my hommies.--------- Besides I hear Grey Poupon does an excellant job of masking a bitter taste. ;) And if we loose its "all good"  then someone else can hook up with Brenham and Lamarqe in the first rounds  ;D

Heres what I think.... Dayton can, they will, beat BH... in a blow out... I don't think so. Do I hope it is a blow out? OH YEAH MOST DEFINITELY! ;D ... Excuses were made why BH got trucked.. by Dayton last year.. Excuse #1 New Program... #2 almost all players were sick... ??? #3 Dayton payed off the refs. ::) #1 is the only good excuse.... Dayton had players that were sick also.. I personally saw one of them (Dayton) hurling on the field. :o Come on Friday.... Dayton gonna initiate BH new field with their 1st lose. 8)

[quote name="octfeb" post="1060503" timestamp="1316444864"]
Heres what I think.... Dayton can, they will, beat BH... in a blow out... I don't think so. Do I hope it is a blow out? OH YEAH MOST DEFINITELY! ;D ... Excuses were made why BH got trucked.. by Dayton last year.. Excuse #1 New Program... #2 almost all players were sick... ??? #3 Dayton payed off the refs. ::) #1 is the only good excuse.... Dayton had players that were sick also.. I personally saw one of them (Dayton) hurling on the field. :o Come on Friday.... Dayton gonna initiate BH new field with their 1st lose. 8)
[/quote]That's 1st loss, not 1st lose. You should have gone to BH. ;D ;D ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Raza012
    Newest Member
    Raza012

• Meh.. Everyone knows this. The kid that got injured wasn't lifting weights. Supposedly he was hit with a helmet in his elbow. In my opinion the kid shouldn't have been put in that situation. AD should've told the Varsity baseball players to sit that one out. I have no issues with the lifting or conditioning. However, anytime helmets/pads are on there is a higher risk of injury. This AD showed a total lack of respect for HIS baseball program. 
    • Maybe.. however..  Many athletic director / head football coach have lost their job despite the athletic program as a whole being successful.. if the football team struggles.  On the other hand, when football teams are doing great but the rest of the program stinks.. AD/HFC still keeps their job. WOS.  Newton. .. programs as a whole were fairly weak during those many years of football power and very few people even knew it.  Or cared. Yet, AD/HFC kept their jobs for years. Meanwhile, I remember an AD/HFC at Barbers Hill lost his job after every program in the school won district championships and even had several team sports (baseball, softball, girls hoops, etc.) making runs at state.  But the football team was mediocre.  Fired. I'm not saying you're wrong, just that perception is reality.  And the perception is that your athletic program can suck as long as football wins.. it doesn't matter how strong the athletic program is if football sucks. 
    • 5A Bi-District Baseball: Friendswood vs. Nederland -Game 1: Thursday (May 2): 6:30pm -Game 2: Friday (May 3): 6:30pm -Game 3 (If Needed): Saturday (May 4): 12pm *All games at Goose Creek Memorial HS*
    • Baseball mafia can cry all they want but when the talent isn’t there it ain’t there lol
    • It's only a matter of time before the baseball mafia starts greasing the tracks to run Crumedy out of town. It'll be a dang shame too, but mark my words. 
  • Topics