BARBERS HILL VS DAYTON: THE OLD RIVER SHOOTOUT

How many points will the Broncos score on the Eagles?  

157 members have voted

1. 1. How many points will the Broncos score on the Eagles?

• 0 - 10
    • 10 - 20
    • 20 - 30
    • 30 -40
    • 40 -50
    • 50 +

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Air Bisquit
[quote name="Tyrone_Biggums" post="1058935" timestamp="1316262511"]
To all the women on the Hill, I'm going to spend all week cleaning up my shante so you'll feel comfortable.  There may be a considerable line for an audience with Biggums.  My suggestion would be to apply a liberal amount of DEET to your skin because the mosquitos are pretty tough. And no, there is no need to worry, I don't mind it one bit when womens be smelling like bug spray. Now if you want to move to the head of the line, I suggest that you slather yourself up with meat drippings or bbq sauce prior to arrival.  If there is anything Tyrone loves more than a sweet BH lady that smells like bug spray, it's a sweet BH lady that smells like Bar-B-Q.
[/quote]

[IMG]http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a92/Kamakeahale1/Smilies/45F175F10bowingsmileys.gif[/img]

[quote name="Tyrone_Biggums" post="1059113" timestamp="1316281020"]
[quote author=Mr. E link=topic=88383.msg1059100#msg1059100 date=1316279557]
Keep talking down on those BH LB's; just make sure Dayton's chinstraps are on tight come Friday night.
[/quote]

Nobody is talking down the BH LB's, in fact you brought it up.  There is one thing that you might have forgotten, you can't hit what you can't catch.
[/quote]All I keep seeing for the last three weeks is how we don't have any speed. Y'all keep thinking that. We have the smartest and fastest linebackers in 19 and 20 4A. Keep thinking our offensive line and running backs are slow too. That is the same thing our last three opponents have said. Look what happened to them. Just because you think our offense is boring compared to the spread don't be fooled. I'm picking BH 24
Day-10

[quote name="bh15" post="1059765" timestamp="1316360737"]
[quote author=Tyrone_Biggums link=topic=88383.msg1059113#msg1059113 date=1316281020]
[quote author=Mr. E link=topic=88383.msg1059100#msg1059100 date=1316279557]
Keep talking down on those BH LB's; just make sure Dayton's chinstraps are on tight come Friday night.
[/quote]

Nobody is talking down the BH LB's, in fact you brought it up.  There is one thing that you might have forgotten, you can't hit what you can't catch.
[/quote]All I keep seeing for the last three weeks is how we don't have any speed. Y'all keep thinking that. We have the smartest and fastest linebackers in 19 and 20 4A. Keep thinking our offensive line and running backs are slow too. That is the same thing our last three opponents have said. Look what happened to them. Just because you think our offense is boring compared to the spread don't be fooled. I'm picking BH 24
Day-10
[/quote]
How many moons are in your world???  No way BH beats Dayton by 2 scores.  Good luck to both, but an early congrats to the Broncos.

Ok back on here after a full day of some football.

1st. Congratulation to Tyrone for getting promoted back off the French fry machine, so that you may post more.

2nd. BH Women do not cross the county line road marker in fear of being called a daytonian. With what you have to work with over there I do understand your wishfull thinking though

3rd.  Not sure about the visitor stands being wheel chair accessable. I haven't been over there, but i assume it is set up for the handicap

4th. the big difference on this year’s BH team compared to last year’s team is a.) Special Teams b.) Kicking game c.) Defense d.) 1 Starting QB.

5th. I'm glad Daytons secondary is good ,but you will not need them in this game ;D

[quote author=BHFAN link=topic=88383.msg1059842#msg1059842 date=1316367893]
Ok back on here after a full day of some football.

1st. Congratulation to Tyrone for getting promoted back off the French fry machine, so that you may post more. [b] TYRONE WORKS AT SUBWAY[/b]

2nd. BH Women do not cross the county line road marker in fear of being called a daytonian. With what you have to work with over there I do understand your wishfull thinking though
[b]WE GO TO THEM WE LIKE SILK SHEETS AND KNOW WHAT TIME START OF SHIFT IS AND END OF SHIFT[/b]  ;)

3rd.  Not sure about the visitor stands being wheel chair accessable. I haven't been over there, but i assume it is "[u]set up for the handicap[/u]" [b] WE KNOW THE HOME SIDE IS FOR SURE[/b]  ;)

4th. the big difference on this year’s BH team compared to last year’s team is a.) Special Teams b.) Kicking game c.) Defense d.) 1 Starting QB.[b] SAME PLAYERS AS LAST YEAR IF NOT ON VARSITY THEN ON THE JV THAT GOT SPANKED [/b]

5th. I'm glad Daytons secondary is good ,but you will not need them in this game ;D  [b] WE DID TALK ABOUT PLAYIN WITH 7 TO MAKE IT COMPETITIVE[/b]

6th  THE HILL [b]WAS[/b] FOR REAL (IN PRE SEASON OF COURSE)

[quote name="knightrider" post="1059838" timestamp="1316367501"]
[quote author=liltex link=topic=88383.msg1059829#msg1059829 date=1316366718]
There were none when we played there last in 2009 :-[
[/quote]That sucks big time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :( >:( >:( >:(
[/quote] Yeah that does suck big time.. .... Weren't they upgraded? the visitor side? Texas Bob has the updated field.... but still shows no wheel chair accessibility.. I know the home side has it.  >:(

[quote name="octfeb" post="1059883" timestamp="1316371890"]
[quote author=knightrider link=topic=88383.msg1059838#msg1059838 date=1316367501]
[/quote] Yeah that does suck big time.. .... Weren't they upgraded? the visitor side? Texas Bob has the updated field.... but still shows no wheel chair accessibility.. I know the home side has it.  >:(
[/quote] >:( >:( >:(

[quote name="octfeb" post="1059883" timestamp="1316371890"]
[quote author=knightrider link=topic=88383.msg1059838#msg1059838 date=1316367501]
[/quote]

Well bring them over on the home side ,so they have a feel what it's like to be around people that bath and have teeth ;D

1.  I don't work at Subway or any restaraunt that has a fry machine.  The background checks in those places are way too rigorous. 

2.  I ride my bike to BH everyday.  There are a lot of cans to be collected and when I sweat it smells like the nectar of the gods.  BH women often confuse the sweet aroma of Tyrone's nectar for the scent of money.  This is a win-win for all involved.

3.  Visitor stands?  I'll be the obnoxious guy in the purple sweatpants right in the middle of the BH faithful.  I will laugh while staining my shirt and frittering away all of your hard earned tax dollars on nachoes, coca-cola, and candy.

4.  It's great that BH has improved, but I doubt that the kicking game, special teams, or qb play will surpass that of the Broncos.  Not a knock on BH, I just doubt that Carranco or Herrera will get out played in those areas of the game. The jury is out on the BH defense, but if you hold Dayton to 53 or less you get a feather for your cap.

5. The Dayton secondary is what will make this game embarrassing for the Eagles.  When BH falls behind 21-0, they will be forced to pass to keep hope alive or play to lose by running the ball to eat clock. Pick 6.  Pick 6. Pick 6.  Especially if you try to throw short routes underneath. 

6.  Whoooooooooooo.....(in my best ric flair voice)

I haven't seen BH play this season but have been to 2 out of 3 games for Dayton including Elkins and Angleton.  I BELIEVE Dayton has something special this year and believe they are gonna play some SMASH MOUTH football in district and dominate.  I'm going Dayton big in this one!

Let's go Broncs!!

It seems that our friends to the South have a better football team than they had last year.  They are 3 - 0 and are coming into this weeks game on a high note after beating Nederland.  On the other hand Dayton is coming in at 2 - 1 after a very good win over Aldine Eisenhower.  Our friends to the South obviously think that Dayton is not as strong as last year.  The truth is that Fort Bend Elkins, which is a solid 5A program, only loss is to Dayton.  The Broncos only loss is to Angleton, a ranked 4A and undefeated team, by only 8 points.  Finally they beat Eisenhower by 3 touchdowns and Eisenhower is not a bad 5A team. 

My piont is that Dayton is stronger than last year and should do as well, if not better, than last year.

Read into it what you want but I say Dayton is on a roll and it will not be easy to stop them.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Raza012
    Newest Member
    Raza012

• Maybe.. however..  Many athletic director / head football coach have lost their job despite the athletic program as a whole being successful.. if the football team struggles.  On the other hand, when football teams are doing great but the rest of the program stinks.. AD/HFC still keeps their job. WOS.  Newton. .. programs as a whole were fairly weak during those many years of football power and very few people even knew it.  Or cared. Yet, AD/HFC kept their jobs for years. Meanwhile, I remember an AD/HFC at Barbers Hill lost his job after every program in the school won district championships and even had several team sports (baseball, softball, girls hoops, etc.) making runs at state.  But the football team was mediocre.  Fired. I'm not saying you're wrong, just that perception is reality.  And the perception is that your athletic program can suck as long as football wins.. it doesn't matter how strong the athletic program is if football sucks. 
    • 5A Bi-District Baseball: Friendswood vs. Nederland -Game 1: Thursday (May 2): 6:30pm -Game 2: Friday (May 3): 6:30pm -Game 3 (If Needed): Saturday (May 4): 12pm *All games at Goose Creek Memorial HS*
    • Baseball mafia can cry all they want but when the talent isn’t there it ain’t there lol
    • It's only a matter of time before the baseball mafia starts greasing the tracks to run Crumedy out of town. It'll be a dang shame too, but mark my words. 
    • Conditioning should be done by the coach that they are IN SEASON with. This is a simple concept that's missed by so many. Way too many kids are overworked these days. I don't really care what was done 20, 30 or 40 years ago. We know more now and should do better. And maybe kids were more durable in the past, but they also had a great foundation of manual labor, etc. And lifting... done right, should be done all year round. Dayton's S&C coordinator is top notch when it comes to putting this together.
  • Topics