Lumberton vs. Beaumont Ozen Match Thread/Ozen wins!

WOSgrad

Ozen won in 5. The Lady Raiders almost pulled off the upset. Ozen took the first game. Lumberton rallied back to win the next two games. Ozen won the fourth in a close one. It was decided to play the 5th game to 15. Lumberton got out to a quick lead. Ozen rallied back to tie it up at 14-14. Ozen won 17-15. Great job by both teams. NOT so great job by the referees and Ozen Coach and whoever the lady was that interupted the final game coming out of the stands to talk to the referee. I'm not mentioning this because I thought there were bad calls. I'm mentioning this because the refs allowed things to get out of hand. The Ozen coach should have been carded for her behavior. She yelled and stomped her feet towards the Lumberton student calling lines. So much so, that she twisted her ankle.  ;D Then, some lady from Ozen comes out of the stands to interupt the final game for several minutes talking to the ref on the floor. I was told she was an administrator. Doesn't matter. The refs should have taken control of this situation and did NOTHING.

Ozens coach is new to this area and the history that goes along with it, but she is not blind and she seems to know the sport very well; that seems to be why she is so animated on the sidelines.  The refs seem to always be  biased against Ozen and the talent that Ozen has had in the past has been able to overcome the officiating.  This is not the case with Ozen volleyball this season so therefore she may be somewhat frustrated with the overall condition of high school volleyball in Southeast Texas but someone needed to step in Friday and let the officials know that we see you and we see the nonsense that is coming from many an official that calls Ozen games at home or away!!!!!

Guest baseball25
give me a break!! that Administrator had no right to do what she did, she has another job to do and that is to make  sure fans and students don't do anything stupid during the games. Her job isn't to argue a call!! and stop  making excuses for the coach

Just my opinion and I don't know the coach personally to make excuses for her but I do know that I am happy to see someone stand up for our girls when they are just trying to play to the best of their abilities against their opponents not including the referees!!!  I also believe having students as line judges is unfair to the students who have to make crucial calls at crucial times!!!  It's just my opinion based on what I have seen with my own eyes.

[quote name="Baller3" post="1060936" timestamp="1316481306"]
Just my opinion based on watching Ozen girls volleyball, basketball, and track.  You just don't know what these young ladies go through away and at home and still have the heart to prevail and succeed!!!
[/quote]

They have one of the best basketball and track programs in the state. I think your opinion may be a little biased itself, but that's just my opinion...lol. What officials do you have to overcome in track?

I have had the pleasure to ref the Lady Panthers in volleyball and basketball...first off, let me say they have always been well behaved and the most respectful ladies.  I enjoy calling their games.  The new Lady Panther coach is intense...she expects great things from her Lady Panthers.  She is a tough coach of a very talented group of young ladies who sometimes don't perform like they can until she pushes them.  Now, there is no need to verbally assault a line judge (normally, the coach is the one to pick them for the varsity matches).  I agree with Baller3 100%..it is unfair to have students making crucial decisions in big matches!!! But it is what it is.  As far as the officials being biased, I sure hope no official goes in with the attitude "We are gonna stick it to Ozen".  Not one official I have ever worked with has EVER muttered those words to me in 10 years of officiating.  The Ozen coach knows who to contact if she felt slighted and has the power to make sure those refs never ref her games again.  Sounds like it was a heated match.  Normally, by the next morning, everyone reflects and has things they could have done better....coaches could have substituted differently, players could have done such and such differently, and ref's reflect on calls as well.  Wish the all teams the best of luck in the future. 

Unless you have been there to see what the Lady Panthers go through in volleyball, basketball, and track then you cannot have an opinion based on anything but what you have heard.  Once again my opinion is based on what I have seen and experienced with my own eyes.  Yes they do have one of the best basketball  programs and the best 4A girls track program in the state at this time but their success is partly due to the adversity that they endure and have to overcome throughout their seasons.  Adversity makes you strong ...Stay Strong Lady Panthers!!!!  Rizon there are officials everywhere in track and they watch everything come to the meets and watch it is very exciting.  Death Valley I believe you when you say that you have never EVER heard an official mutter those words, "We are gonna stick it to Ozen", but ACTION speaks louder than words!!!  That's all Baller has to say on this matter.  Good luck to all the young ladies throughout the area.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder