Fans have got to quiet

mlwdayton

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="The_Hatch" post="1057953" timestamp="1316172723"]
I agree, but myself and a few friends of mine used to attend the WH games regularly. We would never miss. About 8-15 of us would sit together and would yell so loud all game long we couldnt talk the next day. We'd leave with headaches, but it was so much fun. Never any profane comments made and nothing severely derogatory for that matter.. Not about the kids, anyway. "Cmon Ref, are you blind!?!?". Or "what are you doing, coach!?!?" was about as mean as it got. ...then, out of nowhere, after about 4 seasons of being the "cheerleaders in the stands"  several of us recieved letters in the mail telling is to tone it down.  We were out of hand and were too "rowdy" for a family environment.  Needless to say, it took the wind out of our sails and our spirit section dispersed.  :( 
The players would always compliment us, the fans would rally behind us, but apparently someone had a problem with our volume and our over-enthusiastic demeanor. We still go to every game we can, still support our team whether they're 2-8 or 8-2, but we don't yell like we used to.  ... It's actually kinda sad.
[/quote]

I have been to games where there were groups screaming and it was really fun..... and I have been to games where they were screaming and talking smack about our players. I don't think that it was the screaming but in the heat of the moment sometimes things are said that a little out of line... Remember those are kids.. Not saying you did that but I have SEEN that!

[quote name="broncofan55" post="1058873" timestamp="1316237560"]
Still quiet tonight, these stands are concret and very hard. the band was very loud, it was great.good game.  ..........................................fans are you ready............................fans are you ready..................................we are ready...............''''''
[/quote]
  I dont have a voice dis mornin  ;D  I agree the band was rockin da house last night and I sure did like the bands tribute to Two Live Crew " Everybody say heyyyyyyyy we want some "football" or "defense" or "offense" or "touchdowns"  which ever you prefer ;D ;D ;D ;D

[quote name="raiderfan2010" post="1058947" timestamp="1316264991"]
[quote author=The_Hatch link=topic=88301.msg1057953#msg1057953 date=1316172723]
I agree, but myself and a few friends of mine used to attend the WH games regularly. We would never miss. About 8-15 of us would sit together and would yell so loud all game long we couldnt talk the next day. We'd leave with headaches, but it was so much fun. Never any profane comments made and nothing severely derogatory for that matter.. Not about the kids, anyway. "Cmon Ref, are you blind!?!?". Or "what are you doing, coach!?!?" was about as mean as it got. ...then, out of nowhere, after about 4 seasons of being the "cheerleaders in the stands"  several of us recieved letters in the mail telling is to tone it down.  We were out of hand and were too "rowdy" for a family environment.  Needless to say, it took the wind out of our sails and our spirit section dispersed.  :( 
The players would always compliment us, the fans would rally behind us, but apparently someone had a problem with our volume and our over-enthusiastic demeanor. We still go to every game we can, still support our team whether they're 2-8 or 8-2, but we don't yell like we used to.  ... It's actually kinda sad.
[/quote]

I have been to games where there were groups screaming and it was really fun..... and I have been to games where they were screaming and talking smack about our players. I don't think that it was the screaming but in the heat of the moment sometimes things are said that a little out of line... Remember those are kids.. Not saying you did that but I have SEEN that!
[/quote]
I'm definitely aware that they are kids, and personally have never yelled a derrogatory comment about a young man on the field. Our group wasn't negative or slandering, but I know what you're saying. Some people get on the kids like they're pro's. It's nonsense. I'm sure it's in the heat of the moment, but it's still wrong.
I just think some folks are too sensitive and shouldn't go to football games if they can't handle loud, enthusiastic people or grown men acting like kid themselves.  Lol. I'm
Sure it was loud last night at WH though. Sounds like it was a full house!

I dont have a voice dis mornin  ;D  I agree the band was rockin da house last night and I sure did like the bands tribute to Two Live Crew " Everybody say heyyyyyyyy we want some "football" or "defense" or "offense" or "touchdowns"  which ever you prefer ;D ;D ;D ;D
[/quote]                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  welcome to the hard to hear club no voice no hearing  and tons of energy

[quote name="The_Hatch" post="1059015" timestamp="1316270847"]
[quote author=raiderfan2010 link=topic=88301.msg1058947#msg1058947 date=1316264991]
[quote author=The_Hatch link=topic=88301.msg1057953#msg1057953 date=1316172723]
[/quote]

[/quote]
I'm definitely aware that they are kids, and personally have never yelled a derrogatory comment about a young man on the field. Our group wasn't negative or slandering, but I know what you're saying. Some people get on the kids like they're pro's. It's nonsense. I'm sure it's in the heat of the moment, but it's still wrong.
I just think some folks are too sensitive and shouldn't go to football games if they can't handle loud, enthusiastic people or grown men acting like kid themselves.  Lol. I'm
Sure it was loud last night at WH though. Sounds like it was a full house!
[/quote]

You would have thought it was homecoming people everywhere for a great game

[quote name="WHALUM" post="1058911" timestamp="1316254824"]
The administration that issued the letter is no longer there!!! I think the enthusiasm and spirit in the stands is back. Don't hold back, lets have some fun and support our teams!!!
[/quote] WH on a roll congrats on your season so far go support those boys they deserve it

We West Hardin fans have been rocking the Oilers stadium all of this year so far and we are continuously stepping it up every single week. And, I am very proud to say that the team and the coaches absolutely LOVE us getting involved in the game!!! Whoop whoop, GO WH OILERS!!!!

I've had people ask me to 'sit DOWN' at the state final (PNG /Stephenville) obviously not PNG fans. I've also had a lady 25 seats over wave for me to quit whistling. I was about to go postal. This is a football game and it is the state championship!

I like to get loud and get on the refs and I hurt for the boys when they make mistakes, but I think 99% of the time I control any negative comments to the players and coaches.(the coaches have families in the stands)

It grieves me when fans head for the exits when their team has just gone down by ?? points. I have seen way too many come backs, plus it is just disrespectful to the players who have worked very hard to be there.

[quote name="broncofan55" post="1063179" timestamp="1316785166"]
dayton fans lets be loud tonight........................................fans are you ready......................................fans are you ready..................
[/quote]
Man 55, you really like that "fans are you ready" thing don't you. Lol! I saw on the chronicle website where you put like 20 threads of "fans are you ready" on there. But I agree. Get loud and stay late!

[quote name="broncofan55" post="1064935" timestamp="1316875224"]
Hawkeye, they changed the highschool football forum location, were do you find it in the chron.................fans are we ready...........................
[/quote]
I noticed it was gone this year too. Have not found it. It was weak anyway. Nothing like the knowledgable fans here on SETX!  I was referring to last year.

I love to see the little fans making alot of noise. my granson was 9 mts old his first game and he love all the noise. i see alot of little kids making noise. come on you old farts lets make some noise for the little kids..........................fans we are ready...............for you little kids we are ready to make some noise......................:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

[quote name="broncofan55" post="1074818" timestamp="1317921137"]
Ok fans lets see if people from liberty can hear us. lets be loud for the players and the little kids also.............................fans are we ready..............[b](OHHHHHH YEAH)[/b]....................................fans are we ready................[b](OHHHHH YEAH)[/b]..................................  [b]BREAK IT ON DOWN[/b]
[/quote]

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

lets hear allllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder