Fans have got to quiet

mlwdayton

I remember going to games and coming home unable talk ,hear and the rush so great you could hardly sit still even if your team  lost.The crowds use to be so loud you would hear  them down the road.I maybe wrong but it seems to me thatwas the energy the team feed off of in the game so lets get loud and really support these young men and create the memories for them us old folks had when we were out there

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That would be great but if you are from Dayton, the fans have become very spoiled and complacent sitting in the stands. They come to the game as something to do on Friday night until the playoffs get here.  Beside the 3 or 4 regular posters in here the fans in Dayton are very fair weather. This team has a new head coach, new defensive coordinator, new offensive coordinator and some very inexperienced kids playing and they need everyone in the stands to be loud and to believe in them.  Every team is a different group and should be celebrated, not compared to last year's team or the team from 2008, 2007, or 1998.  These kiddos are putting their pride on the line every Friday night for this town and they deserve for us to give them our best in the stands as well.

[quote name="SETEXFan" post="1057948" timestamp="1316172113"]
That would be great but if you are from Dayton, the fans have become very spoiled and complacent sitting in the stands. They come to the game as something to do on Friday night until the playoffs get here.  Beside the 3 or 4 regular posters in here the fans in Dayton are very fair weather. This team has a new head coach, new defensive coordinator, new offensive coordinator and some very inexperienced kids playing and they need everyone in the stands to be loud and to believe in them.  Every team is a different group and should be celebrated, not compared to last year's team or the team from 2008, 2007, or 1998.  These kiddos are putting their pride on the line every Friday night for this town and they deserve for us to give them our best in the stands as well.
[/quote]

Well said!

I agree, but myself and a few friends of mine used to attend the WH games regularly. We would never miss. About 8-15 of us would sit together and would yell so loud all game long we couldnt talk the next day. We'd leave with headaches, but it was so much fun. Never any profane comments made and nothing severely derogatory for that matter.. Not about the kids, anyway. "Cmon Ref, are you blind!?!?". Or "what are you doing, coach!?!?" was about as mean as it got. ...then, out of nowhere, after about 4 seasons of being the "cheerleaders in the stands"  several of us recieved letters in the mail telling is to tone it down.  We were out of hand and were too "rowdy" for a family environment.  Needless to say, it took the wind out of our sails and our spirit section dispersed.  :( 
The players would always compliment us, the fans would rally behind us, but apparently someone had a problem with our volume and our over-enthusiastic demeanor. We still go to every game we can, still support our team whether they're 2-8 or 8-2, but we don't yell like we used to.  ... It's actually kinda sad.

[quote name="The_Hatch" post="1057953" timestamp="1316172723"]
I agree, but myself and a few friends of mine used to attend the WH games regularly. We would never miss. About 8-15 of us would sit together and would yell so loud all game long we couldnt talk the next day. We'd leave with headaches, but it was so much fun. Never any profane comments made and nothing severely derogatory for that matter.. Not about the kids, anyway. "Cmon Ref, are you blind!?!?". Or "what are you doing, coach!?!?" was about as mean as it got. ...then, out of nowhere, after about 4 seasons of being the "cheerleaders in the stands"  several of us recieved letters in the mail telling is to tone it down.  We were out of hand and were too "rowdy" for a family environment.  Needless to say, it took the wind out of our sails and our spirit section dispersed.  :( 
The players would always compliment us, the fans would rally behind us, but apparently someone had a problem with our volume and our over-enthusiastic demeanor. We still go to every game we can, still support our team whether they're 2-8 or 8-2, but we don't yell like we used to.  ... It's actually kinda sad.
[/quote]

I find this letter thing totally wrong. As long as you were NOT cussing what were you doing wrong? You paid your money and had a right to YOUR FREE SPEECH. This is what is wrong with our country.

You just described our country. About 85% of our country want one thing, and believe one common cause on an issue, but it's the 15% who speak the loudest who changes our country! Don't allow that 15% to control what you want to do (and believe)!

[/quote]

[quote name="EZDawg" post="1057992" timestamp="1316179026"]
You just described our country. About 85% of our country want one thing, and believe one common cause on an issue, but it's the 15% who speak the loudest who changes our country! Don't allow that 15% to control what you want to do (and believe)!

[quote author=The_Hatch link=topic=88301.msg1057953#msg1057953 date=1316172723]
[/quote]
[/quote]Yeah I agree... what can they do, kick you out of the stadium for having spirit for your team? I think it is great that grown men and women can get together and have some good clean fun on a Friday night. I wouldn't stop if I was to receive a letter like that. Whom ever sent you the letter is a goober. Stand your ground..

[quote name="BRONX ROX" post="1058018" timestamp="1316181220"]
In the good ole words of my boy Kramer " NEED MORE COW BELL"  ;D  I agree with mlw but we seem to be louder away than home. Come district time is when the crowd really gets going especially for the BH / CROS game. ;)
[/quote]
We have a no cow bell rule in 21-3a.  ::)

Guest Pirate_pride_07
[/quote]
Thats just wrong. I'm the same way you used to be. I'm the one who starts the defense chant. I'm one of the people jumping up when i see a bad call by a ref yelling lol. Now i may admit i do get a lil mad sometimes but hey thats passion. I never disrespect anyone and if someone sent a letter like that to me i'd burn it and be even more loud the next game. They don't like you screaming they can bring some earplugs.

[quote name="mytwocents" post="1058046" timestamp="1316184008"]
[quote author=The_Hatch link=topic=88301.msg1057953#msg1057953 date=1316172723]
[/quote]
Thats just wrong. I'm the same way you used to be. I'm the one who starts the defense chant. I'm one of the people jumping up when i see a bad call by a ref yelling lol. Now i may admit i do get a lil mad sometimes but hey thats passion. I never disrespect anyone and if someone sent a letter like that to me i'd burn it and be even more loud the next game. They don't like you screaming they can bring some earplugs.
[/quote]Yeah, like the rule that they will no longer let you bring airhorns to games. Loved all the noise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[quote name="mlwdayton" post="1057947" timestamp="1316171537"]
I remember going to games and coming home unable talk ,hear and the rush so great you could hardly sit still even if your team  lost.The crowds use to be so loud you would hear  them down the road.I maybe wrong but it seems to me thatwas the energy the team feed off of in the game so lets get loud and really support these young men and create the memories for them us old folks had when we were out there
[/quote] Friday nights I sit with a guy who yells, "READ LINEBACKERS READ", all night long and on the other side of me I have a guy who yells "WO WO" all night long.  I now wear ear plugs to the games.

Guest Pirate_pride_07
[quote name="speveto" post="1058131" timestamp="1316192610"]
[quote author=mlwdayton link=topic=88301.msg1057947#msg1057947 date=1316171537]
[/quote] Friday nights I sit with a guy who yells, "READ LINEBACKERS READ", all night long and on the other side of me I have a guy who yells "WO WO" all night long.  I now wear ear plugs to the games.
[/quote]
LOL thats just funny. I'll tell you a game i wear earplugs too. Thats the lumberton game if its away. Can't stand that freaking horn. And the PNG song. Just so i don't have to hear that dreaded fight song.

[quote name="speveto" post="1058131" timestamp="1316192610"]
[/quote]
And you wouldnt want to be anywhere else.

[quote name="mytwocents" post="1058134" timestamp="1316193195"]
[quote author=speveto link=topic=88301.msg1058131#msg1058131 date=1316192610]
[/quote]
LOL thats just funny. I'll tell you a game i wear earplugs too. Thats the lumberton game if its away. Can't stand that [b]freaking horn[/b]. And the PNG song. Just so i don't have to hear that dreaded fight song.
[/quote]Well if you come to a Dayton game, better bring them plugs cause we have a "freaking horn" too :D

Guest Pirate_pride_07
[quote name="octfeb" post="1058163" timestamp="1316196214"]
[quote author=mytwocents link=topic=88301.msg1058134#msg1058134 date=1316193195]
[quote author=speveto link=topic=88301.msg1058131#msg1058131 date=1316192610]
[/quote]
LOL thats just funny. I'll tell you a game i wear earplugs too. Thats the lumberton game if its away. Can't stand that [b]freaking horn[/b]. And the PNG song. Just so i don't have to hear that dreaded fight song.
[/quote]Well if you come to a Dayton game, better bring them plugs cause we have a "freaking horn" too :D
[/quote]
Well if we do face Dayton i look for that horn to be pretty much silent during that game  ::)  8)  ;D

[quote name="broncofan55" post="1058166" timestamp="1316196619"]
[b]JUST CURIOUS WHY YOU PICK 1998.[/b] MY FEET HURT AFTER EYERY GAME. LETS MAKE SOME NOISE TONIGHT.    FANS ARE YOU READY......................................FANS ARE YOU READY....................................FANS ARE YOU READY;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
[/quote]

That's the year Dayton played in the Astrodome. Dakarai Pearson, Wilfred Bowers, Keithon Edwards, etc.

You new???  ;)

ok lets shake the very foundation of the stadium tonight at the game with Ike no matter what the score is and let these young men know we are there from the time they enter the field until the final whistle blows I haqve been to Dayton game preseason we have done that and the electricity create was out of this world

[quote name="mlwdayton" post="1058192" timestamp="1316199343"]
ok lets shake the very foundation of the stadium tonight at the game with Ike no matter what the score is and let these young men know we are there from the time they enter the field until the final whistle blows I haqve been to Dayton game preseason we have done that and the electricity create was out of this world
[/quote] ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder