Article from the Huntsville Item, over the upcoming Huntsville @ Livingston game

BrenhamFan

HUNTSVILLE — The Hornets know they have another tough assignment this week. They’ve got to slow down Livingston’s imposing running game, which has averaged more than 300 yards in the first two weeks of the 2011 season.

EDIT: you can view the article in it's entirety at HuntsvilleItem.com

Guest Pirate_pride_07
[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="1057331" timestamp="1316071348"]
They’re trying to go to the spread, but when they get in a tight game they’re probably going to run their old stuff.
[/quote]
Not trying to jack a thread but Livingston? Spread? When did this happen?

Yes, it's true, they have been thinking about adding the spread as a part of their offense for years.
My son was offensive coordinator for a 5A school who ran the spread offense, was asked to join their staff 4years ago for that reason. I believe they have someone now who know the offense and has installed it. And believe me, they have the talent to run it, but there bread and butter will always be their old stuff. They didn't mention that #10 only weighs 150 pounds soaked and wet, but maybe the toughest back they have. They will have all kind of options to score, they will just need to make some stops. 

I have  not seen Huntsville's line, but if they have size and beef up front, getting a push up front is not bad to stop this offense.  They will also need some smart speedy LB's  to chase them around the edges when the speed back or the QB decides to  bounce to the outside.  If they don't, they'll get burned back on the outside.

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="1057796" timestamp="1316135348"]
[quote author=VPirate link=topic=88263.msg1057684#msg1057684 date=1316125893]
Livingston will be looking for revenge for last yrs. loss to Huntsville.....I think their gonna get it.  ;)
[/quote]

They beat Huntsville last year, 41-20.
[/quote]

The info. I had on that game came from Lone Star Football Network.......shows the score Huntsville 57 Livingston 49 it could be wrong though I know the score on SETXsports shows liv. 41-20  ???

Lone Star Football Network has the score wrong.....my bad, should have checked more sources.  :-[

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder